Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 199

Thread: Men's SP 5:45 am Eastern Time Friday

  1. #91
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    791
    Evan Lysachek USA

    dear lord, the gloves are a bit much

    3a done
    3lz-3t fine
    3f good

    typical Evan. not particularly musical, coulda been skating to anything, a bit gangly, but well presented with a sense of drama.
    Don't like the costume - it's more death falcon than firebird.

    big crowd applause, i guess he does something right, but I don't feel anything from that.

    80.80 - crowd "aahhh's", but I agree with that being 3rd! Jumps done but not as well as top 2, and lacking musicality from my perspective

  2. #92
    Custom Title Charlotte Elizabeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    235
    Bravo Evan! Loads of energy and expressions! He is so emotional! Looks like a truly World Chmpion!!!!
    His command and overall look on the ice improved so much! Arms on footwork all work into the music, very good footwork. I don't think there were any UR.
    Good 3A, 3Lz-3T, 3F. I'm a fan! He looks stunning!
    80.80. Into the 3rd place. He looks surprized....me too. I thought he was the best.

  3. #93
    Brazilian Eurotrash beep_beep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Porto Alegre, Brazil
    Posts
    2,017
    3rd is the right placement for Evan. Oda and Voronov were just fantastic!

  4. #94
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    78

    SP Results

    FPl. Name Nation Points SP FS
    1 Nobunari ODA JPN 83.35 1
    2 Sergei VORONOV RUS 81.40 2
    3 Samuel CONTESTI ITA 72.08 3
    4 Jinlin GUAN CHN 66.70 4
    5 Yannick PONSERO FRA 66.65 5
    6 Stephen CARRIERE USA 65.24 6
    7 Chao YANG CHN 65.10 7
    8 Denis TEN KAZ 64.05 8
    9 Ming XU CHN 61.02 9
    10 Kevin REYNOLDS CAN 60.12 10
    11 Armin MAHBANOOZADEH USA 59.54 11

  5. #95
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    Why Lysacek is so tanned?
    Good Evan but if I listen again that Plushy is flapping I will post this competition, first time I get bothered by hands of any skater- even Evans. I think it is the feathers at the end that cause it!
    Why I m watching James Bond now?

  6. #96
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightspear View Post
    FPl. Name Nation Points SP FS
    1 Nobunari ODA JPN 83.35 1
    2 Sergei VORONOV RUS 81.40 2
    3 Samuel CONTESTI ITA 72.08 3
    4 Jinlin GUAN CHN 66.70 4
    5 Yannick PONSERO FRA 66.65 5
    6 Stephen CARRIERE USA 65.24 6
    7 Chao YANG CHN 65.10 7
    8 Denis TEN KAZ 64.05 8
    9 Ming XU CHN 61.02 9
    10 Kevin REYNOLDS CAN 60.12 10
    11 Armin MAHBANOOZADEH USA 59.54 11

    You forgot Evan he came in third.

    Evan got the highest PC's.

  7. #97
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    So Mirai and Evan were the best received by the crowd - not a bad sign for their first event

  8. #98
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    1,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Elizabeth View Post
    Bravo Evan! Loads of energy and expressions! He is so emotional! Looks like a truly World Chmpion!!!!
    His command and overall look on the ice improved so much! Arms on footwork all work into the music, very good footwork. I don't think there were any UR.
    Good 3A, 3Lz-3T, 3F. I'm a fan! He looks stunning!
    80.80. Into the 3rd place. He looks surprized....me too. I thought he was the best.

    His 3 axel looked short to me. He could have gotten some negative GOE's on it, based on his total TES.

  9. #99
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,051
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    His 3 axel looked short to me. He could have gotten some negative GOE's on it, based on his total TES.
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw his score come up. Good skate for
    Evan first time out.

  10. #100
    Custom Title Charlotte Elizabeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw his score come up. Good skate for
    Evan first time out.
    Well, The landing looked rotated to me, not sure maybe he made prerotation. He tends to do that sometimes.

  11. #101
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    1,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Elizabeth View Post
    Well, The landing looked rotated to me, not sure maybe he made prerotation. He tends to do that sometimes.

    He does prerotate most of the time. I think he did that today as well.

  12. #102
    L'art pour l'art Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,752
    Evan got an edge call on the Flip - so he lost about 2 or 3 points there.

  13. #103
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Evan got an edge call on the Flip - so he lost about 2 or 3 points there.
    Thanks Medusa.

  14. #104
    Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,025
    Evan costume is horrible again. do his team try to make the worst costume or do they not see the designs before it is made; All that money on that
    I have to agree that nothing in that program made me think of firebird but he skated it very well; My respect for his skating just grows and I agree with the placements; the jrs are still very inconsistant

  15. #105
    End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    633
    I think the placement was totally right.. Oda was very good again, I also don't like the short very much but liked it more than TEB this time. He's showing great consistency.. Voronov was great with 4T+2T, it always adds excitment to see a good 4T. Evan, again, I didnt like it, take out the music put in anything you like, it will be the same affect. He's very mechanic to me.. And the costume is absolutely horrible.
    I felt so utterly bad for Ponsero (the french guy). He has unbelievable speed, great programme, fantastic footwork and great spins. The guy has everything but consistency. The fall on the 4T at the beginning was horrible, how he got up from that I don't know. For me, he had the best programme of the day. What a shame about his overall turnout, yet again..

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •