Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 106

Thread: Pairs LP 6:25 am Saturday Eastern Time

  1. #76
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    Just watched S/Z on TV. It's nice to see them back and they are doing great for their ages! That being said this performance was very slow...especially coming out of their lifts. Overscored too.
    I agree with you. their Sp was a beauty and i can see that getting better.

    But their Lp . They where slow when they were skating, but actual problem is lack of skating.They have relatively very little Ice coverage and it took them 20 secs to move outside the logo on the ice. they were not skating during the non required element, Stationary hand movements (Morozovish). Hope they won't win Olympic gold for this program in this format because it is not a life time achievement award.

    S/S can still win the gold if they skate clean (That is a big if).


    Saying that those two throw elements and the twist was a beauty,.
    Last edited by life684; 10-31-2009 at 02:14 PM.

  2. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    632
    I was not crazy about Albinoni. After seeing all contenders, I have to say the gold in Vancouver is pretty much up for grabs to any of these teams in order of likelihood:

    1. S/S
    2. S/Z
    3. M/T
    4. Z/Z
    5. P/T
    6.K/S

    The podium will end with any combination of those 6 teams.

  3. #78
    Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    On the shores of the Chesapeake Bay
    Posts
    882
    S&Z have it all over the others in terms of their connection to each other. It is just beautiful to watch.

    V&M just do not belong with each other. I've read they're a couple off the ice, but I just can't buy these two together. They are mismatched in every way.

    Z&Z must do something about the costumes. Please! Maybe- and this is a big maybe- she can keep hers, but he MUST change.

  4. #79
    Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,880
    Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_xnqv_jQvQ

    Personally, I really like this program and I really am pleased to see them back - I do hope that can enjoy the season especially the Olympics and just skate (injury and nerve free) with joy.
    Emma, thanks so much!!

    I don't understand the critics of this program. I think it's beautiful and passionate. Even the costumes are gorgeous (which cannot be said of their SP - Hongbo, pls do something!). The only big weakness was the sbs jumps. I guess Xue's lift positions (and facial expression - she looks nervous) could be a little better, as someone said. But on the whole, they look strong, in command, emotional, and he tosses and lifts her like a cat. Even the Russian commentators' first words were Bravo, Brava! For a first time out, great job. I can't wait to see it again in two weeks!!!

    (All this said, I admit that it's hard to watch them without a bit of fear. The words "geriatric case" float through my head. But they soon sent them away with that lyrical performance.)

  5. #80
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    90
    Thank you for the video! I thought that Shen/Zhao were absolutely stunning. Yes, the lifts are a bit shaky and they must work on stamina and the wobbles on the sbs jumps, but the performance was fantastic. They are class and you see it the moment they step on the ice. IMO the high scores from the judges were just a recognition of the fact that they were without peers in that field. No disrespect to the other pairs, but there IS a difference between very good and great.

  6. #81
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,454
    Thank you so much for linking us to this video! I echo Katha; there's a difference between good and great, and Shen and Zhao are great. They're musical, emotional, athletic, and fluid. How wonderful to see them in action again. I hope they remain healthy and strong through the World Championships, so we have many opportunities to see them.

    I was tickled to hear the Russian commentators cheering for them at the end. I'd have done the same.Theirs is an excellence that belongs to the world, not just China.

  7. #82
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,654
    I LOVE that long program that S/Z have! I've never been a fan of theirs, but WOW... this might seal the deal for me!

  8. #83
    Figure Skating Fan Hikaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Panama
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by katha View Post
    Thank you for the video! I thought that Shen/Zhao were absolutely stunning. Yes, the lifts are a bit shaky and they must work on stamina and the wobbles on the sbs jumps, but the performance was fantastic. They are class and you see it the moment they step on the ice. IMO the high scores from the judges were just a recognition of the fact that they were without peers in that field. No disrespect to the other pairs, but there IS a difference between very good and great.
    Agree with you. I honestly didn't expect them to be perfect right from the start, and those minor errors, knowing how perfectionist they are, I'm sure that they will work on improving speed, stamina and the execution of each element.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Emma, thanks so much!!

    I don't understand the critics of this program. I think it's beautiful and passionate. Even the costumes are gorgeous (which cannot be said of their SP - Hongbo, pls do something!). The only big weakness was the sbs jumps. I guess Xue's lift positions (and facial expression - she looks nervous) could be a little better, as someone said. But on the whole, they look strong, in command, emotional, and he tosses and lifts her like a cat. Even the Russian commentators' first words were Bravo, Brava! For a first time out, great job. I can't wait to see it again in two weeks!!!

    (All this said, I admit that it's hard to watch them without a bit of fear. The words "geriatric case" float through my head. But they soon sent them away with that lyrical performance.)
    I love the programs and costumes. I though Xue's SP costume is great, I don't remember anything wrong with Hongbo's, may have to check a picture. I'm with you I was a bit on the edge watching them, because I want them to do well. I'm sure next time around they will feel more comfortable with it, and the program will advance with time. Overall I think they were fantastic!

  9. #84
    Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,024
    S/Z were amazingly great and beautiful; yes they had minor issues with speed and some bobbles but they were very minor; they deserved there score they should get 9's in pcs; they are gold in my eyes; best choreograph program i seen this year love the entrances and transitions;

  10. #85
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    140
    Fantastic! Shen Zhao

    much better than the weird aliens or clowns hahha:chorus:

  11. #86
    Figure Skating Fan Hikaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Panama
    Posts
    854
    Weird aliens?? Okay I haven't seen all pairs, but I must ask... is it a program to the soundtrack of "Taken"? lol
    Last edited by Hikaru; 10-31-2009 at 09:54 PM.

  12. #87
    Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,880
    Quote Originally Posted by olympia View Post
    i was tickled to hear the russian commentators cheering for them at the end. I'd have done the same.theirs is an excellence that belongs to the world, not just china.
    exactly.

  13. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    126
    Shen/Zhao
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGNte6Q6ztM

    I/M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKFRiOcJV8U

    V/M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdmb1rurDq8

    Zhang/Zhang
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MtEORvR4Lk

    I actually like all these LPs.

    Love I/M's music. S/S skated to this music 4 years ago, it was one of their best.
    I'm glad V/M have kept this program.
    Zhang/Zhang's program is actually very cool with lots of original transitions, and they maintained the speed throughout. IMHO, Zhangs' programs this season are much more difficult and interesting that P/T, K/S, and M/T's. Many of the other pairs' programs are stale, simply some recycled elements & materials they've been using forever.Too bad judges don't seem to buy it.

  14. #89
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,086
    Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    But their Lp . They where slow when they were skating, but actual problem is lack of skating.They have relatively very little Ice coverage and it took them 20 secs to move outside the logo on the ice. they were not skating during the non required element, Stationary hand movements (Morozovish). Hope they won't win Olympic gold for this program in this format because it is not a life time achievement award.
    I feel similarly about S/Z's program. I didn't realize they stayed that long in the middle logo on the ice at the beginning of the program... 20 seconds is too long. After their death spiral, they spend about another 20 seconds not really covering any ice either. Granted, they have a great excuse for needing extra rest during the program since they have been out of competition for so long, but I think it negatively impacts the program overall.

    Obviously, S/Z did extremely well, and many of their elements were great. But this doesn't mean every element needs to be scored through the roof. This is not S/Z's fault--they are just following the rules-- but I dislike that their death spiral in that weird, contorted position can get +2s across the board and even a +3. And their second lift, where she does a relatively weak star position with what looks like a slight knee bend gets +2s across the board and a +3. Imagine if they had received credit for their pair spin...Their total score would have been insane!

    Quote Originally Posted by lakeshore View Post
    Can somebody tell me why D&B's scores were so low? I feel they're at least euqal to or better than the last two seasons. Their PCS is almost down to 5s.
    They made a lot of mistakes today, they only do a 2twist, and I don't think they would get great PCS even when they skate well. I thought their marks were pretty fair for the program they delivered.

  15. #90
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    I agree with you. their Sp was a beauty and i can see that getting better.

    But their Lp . They where slow when they were skating, but actual problem is lack of skating.They have relatively very little Ice coverage and it took them 20 secs to move outside the logo on the ice. they were not skating during the non required element, Stationary hand movements (Morozovish). Hope they won't win Olympic gold for this program in this format because it is not a life time achievement award.

    S/S can still win the gold if they skate clean (That is a big if).


    Saying that those two throw elements and the twist was a beauty,.
    wah,,,although its just beginning of the season,,,I can see some people are already a bit upset seeing Shen/ Zhao come back with this high level of performance.... the score tells itself.

    if ss still skate to "you'll never walk alone",,even if they are clean,,they will lose the gold....its such a boring program,,with repeating the melody three times,,with few innovations on the entries.....

    nothing moves me at all,,,,,, it's kind of like zhangs' other boring long programs,,,, if ss win gold with this program? im not sure i want to watch pairs again!

    and SS's costume always reminds me of those rotten bananas


    and i doubt that ss would go back to their last season program,,, as the end part of the music is adagio as well,,,will they be ok to skate to the same piece of music with shen/zhao? which im not sure,,,cause SZ apparently have more expression, connection and feeling to the music.....thats what real pairs need!

    rather than like SS,,,look like two single skaters combination

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •