Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Pairs LP 6:25 am Saturday Eastern Time

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikaru View Post
    Weird aliens?? Okay I haven't seen all pairs, but I must ask... is it a program to the soundtrack of "Taken"? lol
    well..... weird aliens,,,maybe its the program to the music of Dream Illusion,,,hmmm...personally i quite like Miss Volosozhar, she is nice and pretty,,,,i know its not her or their fault...maybe its the coach's fault....he thinks he did this weird aliens on SS successfully,,,then he did again to Miss volosozhar...:-(

i hope he wont make VM wear clowns next year
    Last edited by yqs100; 11-01-2009 at 05:58 AM.

Edgy Details
    I just watched S/Z. I loved their LP, much more than SP. If only they polish it, it will be great, much better than S/S LP.
    I think that they are not slow, there are nice transitions, and their 'weird' death spiral is the only one among weirds that I enjoy. Good luck in Vancouver!

Custom Title
    Go Shen/Zhao !
    Gold in Vancouver hopefully !!!

Edgy Details
    Could someone explain why S/Z pair spin was called as invalid element??

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinga View Post
    Could someone explain why S/Z pair spin was called as invalid element??
    not enough turns

Rinkside
    OMG!I just love SZ's program!!I think their new programs are the best this season! The quality of skating.The difficulty of the linking footwork.The elegant and classical performance.What's REAL pair skating?Watch SZ's performance!
    I can't wait to see the SA.The audiance in the US is the best!And i hope that SZ will give us a better performance then.!!!

Custom Title
    guys,,,stop saying S/Z were slow in the programs,,,,they were not,,..

I think SS were slower,,,the better shooting angle made them look fast in TEB,,,but they are actually almost same as SZ

e.g. when they did the twist,,,SZ took 8 seconds to complete it,,with better ice covering
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lacbg4BN-k

SS took 10 seconds to complete the same thing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRjZX2gHZt0

Quote Originally Posted by yqs100 View Post

I think SS were slower,,,the better shooting angle made them look fast in TEB,,,but they are actually almost same as SZ

e.g. when they did the twist,,,SZ took 8 seconds to complete it,,with better ice covering

You and I think S/Z were not slow but other posters do think they were slow. You can't change someone opinion of what they observed. That is what makes skating forums fun lots of different opinions some we agree some we don't and a whole lot discussion in between.

please tell me that there aren't youtube wars gearing up in pairs now... I've had all I can handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    please tell me that there aren't youtube wars gearing up in pairs now... I've had all I can handle.
    Me too!

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by yqs100 View Post

I absolutely agree with you.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by enderstar View Post
    OMG!I just love SZ's program!!I think their new programs are the best this season! The quality of skating.The difficulty of the linking footwork.The elegant and classical performance.What's REAL pair skating?Watch SZ's performance!
    I can't wait to see the SA.The audiance in the US is the best!And i hope that SZ will give us a better performance then.!!!
    still two weeks left ,i can't wait ,too..........

Resident Chinese pair nerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I LOVE that long program that S/Z have! I've never been a fan of theirs, but WOW... this might seal the deal for me!
    I knew you'd see the light, Toni!

Custom Title
    To see Shen/Zhao return is like a dream. So programs to never forget. This season is like getting a silent birthday candle wish come true.

But what does it say about pairs, if a team that is in their 30s (not age discriminating, but still) that had their peak years 4 years, can come back and kill the field?

While I rejoice in their return it only makes more obvious the void that has been there without them. Teams like Dube/Davison in my mind have the raw materials, but they need to have the confidence when they skate. It's all very lovely but they need to convince me they are champions! All Shen/Zhao have to do is clasp hands and skate to the center of the ice and I know I am about to see mastery from champions.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Binthere View Post
    To see Shen/Zhao return is like a dream. So programs to never forget. This season is like getting a silent birthday candle wish come true.

But what does it say about pairs, if a team that is in their 30s (not age discriminating, but still) that had their peak years 4 years, can come back and kill the field?

While I rejoice in their return it only makes more obvious the void that has been there without them. Teams like Dube/Davison in my mind have the raw materials, but they need to have the confidence when they skate. It's all very lovely but they need to convince me they are champions! All Shen/Zhao have to do is clasp hands and skate to the center of the ice and I know I am about to see mastery from champions.
    Exactly. I think that's why people were so happy to see them return (that, and give us a good ending to their story).

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast