Pairs LP 6:25 am Saturday Eastern Time | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs LP 6:25 am Saturday Eastern Time

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
Well, Lubov has to work on her 3 jumps much more. Just stay after official practise and work! It spoiled program unfortunately plus she made a mistake on sbs spin. Shame but not unexpected.

Medusa

Record Breaker
They put Lubov on a diet over the summer, but it didn't do her solo jumps any good. On the contrary, they look even worse than last year.

And that program is ugly.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Not liking the costumes especialy Z/Z and I/M. I hope I/M have done enough for a medal here.

L'amour

On the Ice
I like this young russians, son't like the costumes and the music but I think they have a great talent and also a great future:thumbsup:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Nodari MAISURADZE

sbs 3S - she falls
lift - unique
3T + 3T seq (I think) - hands down on her part on 1st 3T
3Tw - twofooted
3LzTh (blackout/did not see)
PCoSp
3LoTh - hand down
lift
sbs CoSp - unison off at the end
lift
SpSq
death spiral

She smiles a lot, while he is completely expressionless :rofl:

life684

Final Flight
I/M's costumes are horrendous, and the music is completely wrong for them. Who's responsible for this? They have so much talent and their programs, music and styling are doing them no favors.

I/M are coached by Natalia Pavlova. i believe it is she who picks the music, wait till the Gala, they may skate to 'we are the champions', that is a compulsory Exhibition dance for her pairs.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
I/M have the coolest lifts and I think that this program suits them. Maisuradze's costume is really scary though!

Too bad about her jumps.

beep_beep

Medalist
Fab young team with a bad program... there will be a vicious fight for that russian 3rd spot. They need a better program (my humble opinion...)

gold12345

Medalist
I/M are in desperate need of a new costume designer. Both the SP and LP outfits were tragic!

Lots of mistakes today and she even kind of died on the sbs spin. But they have very interesting lifts.

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
And that program is ugly.
Oh my..ugly is a strong word!:no:

What a tirribal fall from V/M on a throw! He just made it so careless but harsh! She is such a wonderful skater. I don't understand now he is so uncareful with his talanted wife!

Last edited:

life684

Final Flight
Fab young team with a bad program... there will be a vicious fight for that russian 3rd spot. They need a better program (my humble opinion...)

That score is behind Bazarova/ Larionov's score of 156, soB/L are early favorites for third russian spot based on this result and cup of russia results.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I like this couple V/M. Beautiful lifts and good interpretation. No jerky movements on the ice and their costumes are easy on the eyes, much better than their Sp costumes. lol.