Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 209

Thread: Men's LP Saturday 4:10 am Eastern Time

  1. #181
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    239
    Has anybody watched Evan's EX number yet? I was like WOW, that's the Evan I've never seen before. It was so smooth, romantic and beatuiful , incredibly breathtaking, I totally fall in love with him now.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFNrrCzMlNQ

    Does anybody know the name of the song? It suits him so well. Just love it!

  2. #182
    I like pie. Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,720
    Evan can be a very musical skater... when he wants to be...

    ETA - the link you provided for the exhibition didn't work. says the vid is down for maintenance! bummer!
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 11-01-2009 at 12:37 PM.

  3. #183
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    78
    Evan's Ex program was very nice.

    The song is the theme from the movie Around the World in 80 days. It was originally sung by Bing Crosby. This version sounds like Frank Sinatra.

  4. #184
    Custom Title ks777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,137
    Quote Originally Posted by ae9177 View Post
    Has anybody watched Evan's EX number yet? I was like WOW, that's the Evan I've never seen before. It was so smooth, romantic and beatuiful , incredibly breathtaking, I totally fall in love with him now.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFNrrCzMlNQ

    Does anybody know the name of the song? It suits him so well. Just love it!
    Thanks!! I loved it!

  5. #185
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    I won't accept your version unless I were at the site in 2005 witnessing Russian fans chanting. The reason is very simple: I video-taped the 2005 Moscow Worlds live at home, and the tape is still lying on the bookshelf in my house today, in which the Russian audience behaved rather friendly to the skaters from different countries, and Sasha was no exception. What amazed me most at that time was the Russian crowd were very open-minded, supportive, and enthusiastic with the top skaters, such as Johnny, stephane and Brian.
    My apologies. I am going by a quote from this article. The relevant quote is in the second paragraph of the "Free Skating" portion, and displayed below (any errors are theirs, as I just copy-and-pasted)

    Sasha Cohen has a reputation for not being able to handle high pressure events, but this week she cam through in all three performances. Before skating her Short Program, the audience greeted her with call of "fall fall fall." Today they were not so partisan.

    I should have posted that when I made my initial comment. I myself didn't watch the event, with the exception of specific performers on Youtube, so if you say that the author (no one is credited, however) is wrong, I'll believe you.

    My point, however, was that rude behaviour against visiting athletes was not a specifically American thing. I believe that stands.

  6. #186
    I like pie. Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,720
    ok the link worked this time around. I love that program... very old skool skating feel... got a Robin Cousins vibe for some reason

    Great program for Evan, great look, too.

  7. #187
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by ae9177 View Post
    Has anybody watched Evan's EX number yet? I was like WOW, that's the Evan I've never seen before. It was so smooth, romantic and beatuiful , incredibly breathtaking, I totally fall in love with him now.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFNrrCzMlNQ

    Does anybody know the name of the song? It suits him so well. Just love it!
    That performance was so beautiful I was struck speechless! Skated from the depths of his heart - it surely touched mine.

  8. #188
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    I hated Lysacek's program. His LPs for the past 3 years have basically been the exact same boring thing, just set to different music. The judges gave him slightly higher PCS than Oda's rather entertaining program too. Meh.
    That's strange because I have noticed a huge difference between this year's and last year's LP. I think his working with a ballerina has paid off. He does show his improvement on artistic expression in his LP. I've got to admire this guy's personality! If you say he needs to improve something, he'll work so hard to improve it. Obviously, his team didn't think that Evan's arm flapping is a problem (or he couldn't change it?). I like his LP (minus those a few times flapping, of course) - well that is an unusual declaration from me.

    Of course, I like Oda's LP too. I am glad that he has won the competition.

  9. #189
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    521
    I actually really liked Lysacek's programs. I think that sometimes he looks like he flails a bit more because he is so tall and his limbs are so long that every movement looks that much bigger than say, Oda's. I liked the music, the black (although I'm not crazy about the shoulder stuff on both outfits), and I thought the programs were an improvement from last season when I wasn't crazy about either of them. Job well done!!

    He really seems to be embracing the whole "I'm a high fashion super sexy model." thing, hasn't he? Not that I'm complaining...He looked hot!!!

  10. #190
    I like pie. Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,720
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingbc View Post
    I actually really liked Lysacek's programs. I think that sometimes he looks like he flails a bit more because he is so tall and his limbs are so long that every movement looks that much bigger than say, Oda's. ...
    That's how I've seen it, I don't think he flails more than anyone else, and certainly less than certain others...

    watching Kristi and Friends today I noticed that when Kurt powers through and goes to look like he's going to flail or flap he breaks at the elbow and brings his forearm in... maybe Evan should try that

  11. #191
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    Jokes aside, I never minded Evans arms until I start reading here..he is too tall and his hands are too thin, what to do with them? His black costumes enhance this and the feather stuff were making it noticeable! But I would never have noticed something annoying concerning his arms, and then I learn the word *flail* here and a whole new world opened in front of me...

    I took notice this time in his sp in live streaming but i think basically because I m brainwashed from the *flailing arms* comments, so i was following his arms rather than his feet, but now i watched it on youtube I changed my mind, i m not annoyed by his arms. Well I m probably fan of arm movements anyway, thats not a secret. But i m sometimes more annoyed by Stephan's dropped shoulders and his hands doing nothing, just hanging in there. Many skaters move their arms a lot but it is as been said the size that makes the difference to the viewer.

    Oda 's program is best in the season so far, although i think Takahashi's La Strada in Fillandia Trophy was jaw dropping and in Nhk it will be better, but among all men Oda is the only one I can think of pulling off a Charlie Chaplin program and look that great, his physic helps him a lot.

    Evan's lp I didnt like much probably because of the music, I m bored with this as I was with yuna 's program last year, but I minded his hands for another reason, it is like Nichol grounded him and told him "now you do this and keep an eye on your arms", i dont mean choreo but he does some moves during the whole program that seem like he is thinking of it and dont come out natural. It is hard when he is that tall to do some stuff gracefully, my basic problem though is his posture and his jumps that I dont like.

    But while there has been always a talk about Evan having nothing special and he is not among the top, I ve been reading this since worlds 2005 and now I saw him in new season and I realised it is 5 years since then and he is rather consistent and successful and has worked really hard and maybe even harder than the natural talents to reach this point, he looks too confident in the season start and remembering how many have bombed on their first Grand Prix I think he skated like the reigning World champion.
    In case I forgot he looked hot.

  12. #192
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,560
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    but look at this pic! It looks like his fly was down to me.. and I also noticed it when I was watching on tv..

    http://www.sanspo.com/sports/photos/...0504001-p2.htm
    I believe it was intentionally making that way because Charlie Chaplin's costume was like that.

  13. #193
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    643
    double post - sorry

  14. #194
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    643
    "Evan can be a very musical skater... when he wants to be..."

    When I first saw Evan as a novice skater I was most struck by his artistry and musicality. Over the years he has chosen to emphasize the forceful part of his presentation rather than the lyrical or romantic part. I was sure it was still there somewhere. It showed in the exhibition number. I would love to see a bit more of it in his competition programs.

  15. #195
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    "Evan can be a very musical skater... when he wants to be..."

    When I first saw Evan as a novice skater I was most struck by his artistry and musicality. Over the years he has chosen to emphasize the forceful part of his presentation rather than the lyrical or romantic part. I was sure it was still there somewhere. It showed in the exhibition number. I would love to see a bit more of it in his competition programs.
    I agree he has both power and artistry. Some of the most memorable parts of his competitive numbers ARE the softer more lyrical portions. IMO it speaks to his ability as a complete performer that he can do both successfully. His consistency speaks for itself - consistently getting better each season AND from the beginning of each season to the end.

    This year's EX is spine-tingling and spell-binding. Love it! I too am glad to see more of this.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •