Men's LP Saturday 4:10 am Eastern Time | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Men's LP Saturday 4:10 am Eastern Time

Trewyn

Medalist
yay Chao Yang! He's such a lovely skater to watch! So enjoyable!!! Why does he look disappointed? Was he going for triple axel? His triples are great; but he needs more technical content. I still like him though.

feraina

Record Breaker
Good job by Chao Yang. He seemed to run out of steam a little toward the end, the last two spins are probably going to be both level 1/2 with -GOE... But all the jumps were very good, including the last 3Z, where I thought he didn't look like he had the energy for another triple at all.

But he kept on shaking his head afterward, and came off the ice saying "very disappointed..." He and his coach both pursed their lips waiting for the score, and were presented with a great score, 124.89. He punched the air with his arms, then stared at the score with disbelief. :laugh::laugh: And he goes into the lead ahead of Kevin Reynolds. Good job, Yang! :clap::clap:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Stephen Carriere (USA)
skating to "Firebird" ?!?

3A - very smooth
3Lo + 2A seq.
3Lz - OK
SeSq
CSSp
3F - ok
3A-2T stepout
3Lo
FSSp
3Lz-2-tano T-2 tano-T - very nice
CiSt
3S
CoSp - travels a bit

Nadine

Record Breaker
GREAT JOB BY CARRIERE! :thumbsup::love:

I absolutely love this piece of Firebird music.....makes me both excited & misty-eyed at the same time........think it was the same cut as Yukari Nakano's.:love:

The second half of the music reminded me of Oksana Baiul (lol, yeah, every piece of music I hear I can pinpoint when & where I heard it as regards one of my favorite skaters of all-time). Anyhow, I recall Oksana had gotten arrested for drunk driving, et al, and 20/20 did an excellent story on her return to the ice & they used this exact piece of music. Made me cry.

AND CARRIERE EASILY GOES INTO 1ST PLACE!!!!!! WELL-DESERVED, WELL-DESERVED! :clap::rock:

Nadine

Record Breaker
P.S. I loved Carriere's variation on the Tano Flourish. His was like Rippon's Lutz (both hands overhead), but he used his on the 2jump after the triple. :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Funny how ALL the guys in 2nd warm-up group is wearing black.

IS Evan wearing spikes on his shoulder(pads) ?

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Funny how ALL the guys in 2nd warm-up group is wearing black.

IS Evan wearing spikes on his shoulder(pads) ?

I could not see Evan to good not sure if they were spikes but he has something going on in his shoulder area. lol

Nadine

Record Breaker
I LOVE THIS GUY, HE'S TOTALLY FAB!!!!!!!1:love::love::love::love:

He's like Appolo Anton Ohno on skates.....what outstanding speed, pizzazz, showmanship, line, flair, et al.......he has it all except when he doesn't land the jumps. :( He fell on two (I was biting my fingernails hoping he wouldn't fall).

Rachael, this is the way "Sing Sing Sing" is supposed to be done!:clap:

Lol, and on pure aesthetic note, he's gorgeous (nice butt, too, similar to Elvis's).:laugh:

Nadine

Record Breaker
And he goes into 1st place with a score of 128.47!!!!!! Well deserved!!:love::thumbsup:

sus2850

Rinkside
I LOVE THIS GUY, HE'S TOTALLY FAB!!!!!!!1:love::love::love::love:

He's like Appolo Anton Ohno on skates.....what outstanding speed, pizzazz, showmanship, line, flair, et al.......he has it all except when he doesn't land the jumps. :( He fell on two (I was biting my fingernails hoping he wouldn't fall).

Rachael, this is the way "Sing Sing Sing" is supposed to be done!:clap:

Lol, and on pure aesthetic note, he's gorgeous (nice butt, too, similar to Elvis's).:laugh:

I think he's great too, missed it sadly, where did he fall?
Poor boy

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Jinlin Guan (CHN)
Turandot (a la Arakawa WC 2004)

3Lz3T - nice
3F - good
3S
FCSp
3A - smooth
CSSp
StSq
3F - hand down
3Lo
3Lz
2A2T1T (not sure)
CiSq
CoSp

Nadine

Record Breaker
Great job by the CHN man! Excellent applause from the audience. Think he landed everything, maybe a minor stumble on a landing.

Loved the music of Turandot, reminds me of Sarah Hughes skating to this in her blue dress ~ my favorite program of hers. Ah, how I miss her. :)

Back to here & now:

Guan goes into 5th place with a score of 121.25. :)

seniorita

Record Breaker
how contesti managed to be more hot than last year?:biggrin:
Russian Tv cut connection in footwork:cool:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Update

Samuel Contesti (ITA)
"Panpipes of the Andes"

3A3T - fall
3F - fall into board

(damn, the telephone rang...)