Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Men's LP Saturday 4:10 am Eastern Time

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    P.S. I loved Carriere's variation on the Tano Flourish. His was like Rippon's Lutz (both hands overhead), but he used his on the 2jump after the triple.
    I believe he has been doing this jump variations for at least two to three years. Saw it at Junior World's oin 2007.

Just because he is family man and married to beautiful lady should not hinder in the investigation. he should be punished other wise others will follow in his path.
    most who get caught DOING drugs get treatment not punishment...

and again why does an athlete have to be put to these standards (and not other types of celebrities).. the rolling stones flaunt their drug use and they have how many fans/followers?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    most who get caught DOING drugs get treatment not punishment...

and again why does an athlete have to be put to these standards (and not other types of celebrities).. the rolling stones flaunt their drug use and they have how many fans/followers?
    Lol, by punishment i meant not sending him to jail. Since he took drugs in 1997, they can't theoretically strip hi of his olympic gold medal from Atlanta(1996). He can removed from tennis hall of fame, exclude them from exhibition event like the one that took place at wimbledon earlier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    1)he was 27 when he took drugs and not a teenager.

2) Just because it happened so many years ago does not decrease the severity of the incident. Just because he covered it up and beat the system for years will encourage others to do the same. Bring in all the Designer Steroids.

3) by not admitting punishment then he was competing and winning big bucks. further more he was earning lot more through endorsements (effectively taking someone else space and money). He earned a lot more through this method than he paid to charity.

4) Worst Crime is taht he is now trying to sell the story and make money because he lied 12 years ago.

5) Just because he is family man and married to beautiful lady should not hinder in the investigation. he should be punished other wise others will follow in his path.

hope we won't hear the same from Gasquet few years from now
    I have no problem with your conclusion but all of your points seem a little out of touch to me.

If you are talking about legal action then I don't think much will happen.
    I did not read his book and don't intend to.

Custom Title
    Thanks! I have watched it once without the sound (I will watch it again when I could use sound.) I have noticed some difference in this program from any of his old programs. He uses his hands a lot. Even though they are unnatural, I can see that he is trying so hard. And he is trying to add more slow motions into the programs (I haven't heard the music yet.) In that way, I'll say good for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    ... and the shoulder foofies have to go.
    I was so wanted to say this at some point that it seems it's Johnny's way to have fluffy stuff on his costumes.

Nice feathers Evan

ETA: He also needs to cut down on the bronzer!
    Last edited by i love to skate; 10-31-2009 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    It's a secret. Very glad to know you here.

BTW, I do appreciate your posts here, which provide some food for thought, very inspiring and insightful. Thank you very much!
    It says under your name "City of Love." That is a name for Paris - a beautiful city and well known haven for culture and American -bashing. (Except for the great genious Jerry Lewis ).

BTW, I am from the "City of Brotherly Love" Go Phillies :

Custom Title
    evan--good improved artistry--you drew me in.

nobuari-- decent skate- to me first could have went either way to noburi or evan with nobuari taking the title.

Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    Nice feathers Evan

ETA: He also needs to cut down on the bronzer!
    Evan is showing the world that America is a land of many ethnic groups, races and that we come in many colors.

But I don't think it was necessary for him to invent his own color though

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    BTW, I am from the "City of Brotherly Love" Go Phillies :
    Uh-huh - we'll see how loving your brethren are toward the Yankees tonight.

Custom Title
    Unfortunately that is what i think when i watch events in north america, especially USA. I could not understand the crowd behavior at this years Us open tennis, the crowd was very hostile against players from outside US when they were playing americans. commentators are even more silly by commenting comments like welcome to New York (as if that is not a big deal)

I would say *only* USA, with regards to North American attidude here -- Canada is not much like this at all. (don't know about Mexico)

Quote Originally Posted by amateur View Post
    I would say *only* USA, with regards to North American attidude here -- Canada is not much like this at all. (don't know about Mexico)

Compared to Mexico - por favor, we are like the world's greatest and friendliest sportsmen.

But even if we can be over zealous supporters of our own athletes at times, we rarely beat, stab or shoot them to death as they do every single weekend all over Europe, Asia and South America at Footbal games.

Geez, what a difference - we might cheer our players on - in other parts of the world spectators are maiming and killing each other.

And I watch and read soccer/football/futbol every day and I am not offering an opinion here, this is a sad fact of much of the world's sporting scene OUTSIDE of the USA and Canada.

And no nation wants or welcomes English fans on their soil at international soccer events because they are simply the WORST!!

And better watch a little more carefully how our tennis players have been treated at the French Open over the years. Or the way Johnny Mac, after winning Wimbleton was treated very poorly by the fans, press and Tennis officials in England.

If we support our athletes it is our choice. We don't cause riots, and trample hundreds of people to death like has been done too often in Europe.

I could go on ....but not worth the trouble.

And better watch a little more carefully how our tennis players have been treated at the French Open over the years. Or the way Johnny Mac, after winning Wimbleton was treated very poorly by the fans, press and Tennis officials in England.
    Well John McEnroe is probably the biggest **** ever so that isn't a very good example. He brought a lot of negative attention to himself - don't dish it out if you can't take it back. Isn't that the saying?

If we support our athletes it is our choice. We don't cause riots, and trample hundreds of people to death like has been done too often in Europe.
    In Canada riots do occur in some places - there were some in Montreal just two years ago after the Habs won a playoff round. There is also the famous Richard Riot which occurred in the 50s.

Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    Well John McEnroe is probably the biggest **** ever so that isn't a very good example. He brought a lot of negative attention to himself - don't dish it out if you can't take it back. Isn't that the saying?

In Canada riots do occur in some places - there were some in Montreal just two years ago after the Habs won a playoff round. There is also the famous Richard Riot which occurred in the 50s.
    I am sure there have been some bad cases of fan behavior in the USA too. But not on a recurring weekly basis the way it happens in Europe.

As to Johnny Mac - we are all entitled to our own opinions. Personally I think he was one of the greatest players whoever lived and whenever he appears on court at a Grand Slam event he is warmly received. Fans remember his great talent and passion and seem to have forgiven his bratty behavior.

Are you old enough to have actually watched his career?
    Last edited by janetfan; 10-31-2009 at 04:33 PM.

Custom Title
    Go watch a soccer/football match between Manchester City and Manchester United at Old Trafford and then tell me that booing non-home athletes is specifically an American thing. And weren't Russian figure skating fans chanting "fall fall fall" to Sasha Cohen at the Moscow worlds in 2005?

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast