Men's LP Saturday 4:10 am Eastern Time | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men's LP Saturday 4:10 am Eastern Time

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oda is such a natural jumper, he reminds me of a young grasshopper, he put on a jumping clinic out there today. Nice showmanship as well, reminiscent of Phillipe Candeloro & his famous Godfather routines at both the 1994 & 1998 Olympics respectively. :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Update

Go Nobu! :love:

3Lz - smooth
3A3T - very nice
FSSp
3S
CiSq - funny
3A popped into 1A - oh no
3Lz3T2Lo
3F
3Lo
CSSp
2A
StSq
CoSp

1st or 2nd? Will definitely qualify for the GPF :rock:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Yeyyyyyyyyyyyy!
I will put Oda's program on my ipod, I just adore this program, I can imagine it for Gold in Vancouver!Morozov was a genious on this!

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Well, looks like quadless (and not flawless) Oda does beat quadless Lysacek.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great job by Oda. First place well deserved. Bravo!!
With Oda's popped jump I thought he might be second but
the rest of his program was first class.

Evan and Oda were the highlights for me. They were wonderful.

feraina

Record Breaker
I love this crowd. They are so supportive and engaged. They applaud everything. They applaud all the jumps, whether landed or not, popped or stepped out of. They applaud all the good spin positions. But maybe they shouldn't be so eager to clap along all the fast footwork sections, especially if they can't keep beat. :p

They are polite and supportive like the Japanese & Korean audiences. But in addition, they seem to be more light-hearted and warm, they laugh at everything, the little flower girls laden down with gifts, unguarded moments of the audience doing silly things (like one woman petting another woman's hair like a cat). :laugh: It's a great audience.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Heh, I called it correctly back in June:
I agree with everyone who pointed out that Evan beating Nobu is not a given... Even with a World Champion PCS boost like Evan got at the WTT, Nobu can still take it on the strength of better jumps, provided he counts them properly.
And I also wrote that Joannie should not be considered an automatic winner in the ladies, though I didn't expect it to be Akiko.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Was Lysacek downgraded on anything? That's quite a mediocre TES, especially for a guy with steps and spins, that often earn lots of GOE.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Great job by Oda. First place well deserved. Bravo!!
With Oda's popped jump I thought he might be second but
the rest of his program was first class.

Evan and Oda were the highlights for me. They were wonderful.

Oda must have skated very well to win with no quad and only one 3A.

I loved his program when I saw it at TEB.

mishieru07

On the Ice
Great competition and crowd so far; well done all!
Oddly, I thought the crowd seemed rather quiet yesterday. Maybe I was just too sleepy but the crowd was really supportive today! :clap:
YAYE FOR ODA! Love love love his Charlie Chaplin programme, he's soo cute. :rock:
A bit meh about Lysacek's Scherezade (sorry Yu Na does it better imo) ... why did he get better choreography marks than Oda? :scratch: Maybe some of the more experienced fans could enlighten me on this?

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
A bit meh about Lysacek's Scherezade (sorry Yu Na does it better imo) ... why did he get better choreography marks than Oda? :scratch: Maybe some of the more experienced fans could enlighten me on this?

I haven't seen Lysacek's LP yet. But could it be because of less stops & posing?

Medusa

Record Breaker
Protocols up: Downgraded on the Triple Flip and the Double Loop for Lysacek.

Interesting, so Oda and Lysacek both had 7 Triples, but Lysacek 2 Triple Axels - and he still didn't make it.

enlight78

Medalist
Oda is the man; His PCS are now starting to match the top skaters; I think a clean oda will definitly medal at the olympics but gold is not certain; wow he almmost broke 240 again; Evan is solid look promising great for not peaking to early; Voronov could have taken 2nd with a clean skate im proud of him; his pcs went up to; I 've notice a technical clean short or prior international competintion seems to boost your pcs three to five points. Solid for contesti; first gp in while and strong showing for the chinese men in a long time;

janetfan

Match Penalty
Was Lysacek downgraded on anything? That's quite a mediocre TES, especially for a guy with steps and spins, that often earn lots of GOE.

OT, but congrats to Akiko! I will check out her LP later today.

Medusa

Record Breaker
And only -0.18 on the GOE with two URs in the combination? Wow. I get the feeling Evan is getting some help from the judges based on last season; I wonder how long that will last.

That's the new rule, so I wouldn't start any conspiracy stories yet.

I can't believe Ponsero risked another Quad Toe, but he actually landed it.