Goebel's out | Golden Skate

Goebel's out

I am not a skater. but it's amazing to me how much trouble people have with their boots. It seems like manufacturers would want to work with elite skaters to give them custom made equipment that fit perfectly, just for the advertising value.

Mathman

Ximena

Final Flight
It's quite sad that it happened in his scoring event, now he MUST win his other event and wait how the others comes up if he wants to make it to the GPF

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
It's best that he takes time off as opposed to risking further injury by competing in bad boots.

Antilles

Medalist
He can't make both events scoring ones? That seems odd, since it won't give him any advantage over other skaters. it's not like waiting to pick the best of your three.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Antilles, I guess they don't consider equipment problems a legitimate excuse. Honestly, if it were, it would become an even easier excuse to skip GP than "injuries". Come to think of it, may be Tim should have just faked one, and made both remaining events scoring.

Then again, Michelle made it to GPF points-wise last year with only one event...