Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Ladies LP 2:00 AM Eastern Time Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Akiko Suzuki rocks my world! She is the only lady I really care about, and I can't believe she won the whole thing! And with the second highest score of the season so far! Of course she was still lowballed on PCS, but that should change now.
    I know you are happy about your girl Akiko. She was wonderful. What is up with her PC's they should be higher.

Wow, I was set to wake up at 4:00 am to watch skating, but last night's patrying got the best of me

Then I wake up and find out Akiko won the whole damn thing!!!! That is just fabulous!!!

Need videos. Pretty please...

Video in a rather bad quality... Akiko Suzuki LP

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Akiko Suzuki rocks my world!

They make it sound like some mediocre Japanese lady came around and took advantage of a bad day of skating.

Well that appears to be exactly what happened. But the word "mediocre" would be terribly unfair and not accurate at all.

Custom Title
    I do hope that this sends a rebuke to those who feel that the short program is all that counts under the new system. Both Rochette and Suzuki were off the podium based on their short.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    I do hope that this sends a rebuke to those who feel that the short program is all that counts under the new system. Both Rochette and Suzuki were off the podium based on their short.
    But Suzuki won Gold and Joannie won Bronze. They were both on the podium.

Custom Title
    Yes, but their podium positions were thanks to their long programs. People have been saying that COP hurts the competition because the podium is pretty much decided after the short program. The fact that Suzuki and Rochette made the podium proves that this is decisively not the case.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    But Suzuki won Gold and Joannie won Bronze. They were both on the podium.

that is the point ; at TEB thread people were complaining about how easy it is to win an even on the short program alone

True today, but with so much sloppy (bordering on inept) skating at COC it is hardly the time to wave the CoP flag.

ETA: Congratulations to the medal winners who with the exception of Akiko showed us mistake after mistake and some of the least inspiring skating seen since the the last GP event.
    Last edited by janetfan; 10-31-2009 at 06:21 AM.

Yes, but their podium positions were thanks to their long programs. People have been saying that COP hurts the competition because the podium is pretty much decided after the short program. The fact that Suzuki and Rochette made the podium proves that this is decisively not the case.
    Gotcha. I misunderstood your post.
    Last edited by demarinis5; 10-31-2009 at 06:21 AM.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    any way i don't think mao shouldd be worried even if yukari , miki, and akiko all make the gpf, she will still have nationals to prove herself

Custom Title
    practising Smetana's Macbeth and the Witches...
    First of all: Congrats to Akiko, she was wonderful!!!

As for Rachael and her jumping consistency, my impression is that she has been working on her (f)lutz and as a result is now struggling with both flip and lutz, which is not really that surprising. She's a determined, hard worker, so I'm sure she'll get that under control sooner or later.
    As for Mirai and her underrotations, that was the first time she was in a position to medal at a senior gp. Let's give her the benefit of a doubt here, part of her underrotation problem in the long was probably due to her nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by Alicja View Post
    As for Mirai and her underrotations, that was the first time she was in a position to medal at a senior gp. Let's give her the benefit of a doubt here, part of her underrotation problem in the long was probably due to her nerves.
    Mirai has consistently underrotated jumps, even as a junior, especially in the second half of the program. Just like she did here.

Rachael is a in a much better place, she got every jump rotated - despite all the gloom and doom concerning her body type, puberty, rather tiny jumps etc. I guess Rachael will sort her small lapses of concentration out and come back strong.

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestMoon View Post
    Sweet!

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast