Ladies LP 2:00 AM Eastern Time Saturday | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP 2:00 AM Eastern Time Saturday

Nadine

Record Breaker
I LOOOOOOOOVE THIS KID ~ SHE'S FABULOUS ~ WOULD DEFINITELY PUT HER ON THE OLYMPIC TEAM BASED ON THIS PERFORMANCE ALONE!!!!!!!!:love::thumbsup::cool::rock::clap::agree:

I started celebrating early, then she fell (just once though), but OMG her opening 3/2/2 was FAB, as was the follow up with the 2A/3T combo.!!!!!!!!!! And her spins, style, class, falling leaf, everything was E-X-C-E-P-T-I-O-N-A-L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

herios

Medalist
Nagasu must have had lots of downgrades, she is at the brink of UR on almost each jump, the score says it all

amateur

Final Flight
Mirai Nagasu, USA

3lz-2t-2lo
2a-3t ur
3f-2t fine
3lz maybe slight 2foot
3lo 2foot stepout, then slip and fall after
2a good

looks slightly peeved at end
i must have missed a jumping pass?

this program does nothing to add to the Carmen genre I'm afraid. the limits of her tricks are showing here, generic program, and she is juniorish yet. showed reasonably well for herself though. brief tears off the ice, Carroll tells her to calm down, more relaxed waiting for marks... upset with result.

93.something -- 5th

I can't believe Akiko won, haha! the one i left off the radar in predictions. but she well deserved it today!

Shaba22

Final Flight
1 Akiko SUZUKI JPN 176.66 4 1:rock:
2 Kiira KORPI FIN 163.27 2 3
3 Joannie ROCHETTE CAN 163.18 7 2
4 Rachael FLATT USA 157.71 5 5
5 Mirai NAGASU USA 155.38 1 6
6 Carolina KOSTNER ITA 154.18 3 7
7 Fumie SUGURI JPN 145.99 6 8
8 Diane SZMIETT CAN 144.28 11 4
9 Yan LIU CHN 132.80 8 9
10 Beatrisa LIANG USA 131.39 9 10
11 Bingwa GENG CHN 121.20 10 11

SusieH

On the Ice
Though I'm sad for Akiko's low PCS, I still believe Carolina worth that PCS, coz she did fine except those jumps

I agree with you :) My complaint is about Akiko's low PCS score.

OMG, she not only medals, but she gets the gold! OMG! That's too great! :clap: Is it her first GP win?

feraina

Record Breaker
I'm a little surprised that Kiira Korpi beat out Joannie Rochette... I guess there was just such a big advantage from the SP.

I wonder what kind of score Mirai will get. That's a great program for her, my favorite of her LP's, I think. I like both of her programs this year. I think it depends on how strict the panel wants to be with downgrading her jumps. She attempted 7! Although the 3T in the 2A-3T looked a little UR'ed. And the jump she stepped out on should be downgraded.

Oh, my goodness, even lower than Rachael. Must have been lots of downgrades. :no: Wow, that's a shockingly low score! Lower than Caroline's at TEB. These UR's are going to come back to bite Mirai over and over, until she can find a way to clean them up... Her jumps look so big and high, too, I don't understand why she has such UR problems.

Frank's trip with the girls ended pretty badly, despite the promising SP's... There's still Evan left in Men's.

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Holy Cow!?! Are my eyes deceiving me! She placed 5th? No way, no way. Not in my mind nor in my eye.

IMHO she has what it takes to compete against both Yuna & Mao & all the other top ladies out there.

Someone please explain to me what just happened? Because I honestly do not understand at all.

I still want her on the Olympic Team.

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
Mirai Nagasu
OMG, I'm so nervous!
3lz-2t-2l, 2a-3t, 3f-2t, love her spins! 3f possibly two footed.3L FALL...oh no. 2a.3t.
She does not appear juniorish to me in this program! Well focused. So many triples! Well done Mirai, don't know about ur! But well done! She certanly has to work more on a program but this is a good start.
Shee loooks very serious and amiles only after bowing.
I like Frank's attitude. He says it was very good. that fall was nothing he says.:)
She says she wants to go home and practise.
Into 5th place.
She is hugely dissapointed.
And I'm hugely dissapointent too.For me she deserved the podium.
Now podium looks blah... for me.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
So happy for Akiko, devastated for Mirai... Too many DG calls most likely :(