Ladies LP 2:00 AM Eastern Time Saturday | Golden Skate

Ladies LP 2:00 AM Eastern Time Saturday

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Ladies LP 2:00 AM Eastern Time Saturday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bingwa GENG CHN
Music: Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso by Camille Saint-Saens

Binshu XU CHN
Music: Asian Dream of Song by Joe Hisaishi

Yan LIU CHN
Music: Why Are The Flowers So Red

Diane SZMIETT CAN
Music: Reverie by Modest Mussorgski

Beatrisa LIANG USA
Music: Symphony No. 9 "From the New World" by Antonin Dvorak; Concerto for Violin and Orchestra in D Major by Ludwig van Beethoven; Symphonic Dances Op. 46 by Sergei Rachmaninov;Symphony No. 9 "From the New World" by Antonin Dvorak

Mirai NAGASU USA
Music: Carmen Fantaisie by Franz Waxman; Carmen by Georges Bizet; Adagio from Carmen Suite by Rodion Shedrin; Dance Boheme by Georges Bizet

Akiko SUZUKI JPN
Music: West Side Story by Leonard Bernstein

Fumie SUGURI JPN
Music: Spartacus by Aram Khatchaturian

Kiira KORPI FIN
Music: Crooked Room by Kerkko Koskinen; Passenger to Copenhagen by Kerkko Koskinen

Rachael FLATT USA
Music: Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini by Sergei Rachmaninov;
Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini Variation XVIII by Sergei Rachmaninov

Joannie ROCHETTE CAN
Music: Samson and Delilah by Camille Saint-Saens

Carolina KOSTNER
Music: Air by Bach;Cello Concerto by Antonio Vivaldi

pohatta

On the Ice
Korpi really needs to ditch the reputation of a weak LP skater. It used to be the other way round. When she got the bronze at the Europeans, she was 5th after SP and the year before she made the Olympic team because her strong LP beat Alisa Drei at the Europeans. Her choice of music deserves better than another 80 or 90 point skate.

sjwh08

Rinkside
2am is much better than 4am! I had so little sleep this morning. :biggrin:

Last edited:
But the listing in the first post is not the skate ordar, right? The will skate in the reverse order of their short program placement?

Joannie can still win this. So can Rachael.

janetfan

Match Penalty
But the listing in the first post is not the skate ordar, right? The will skate in the reverse order of their short program placement?

Joannie can still win this. So can Rachael.

Oh ye of little faith. Mirai is gonna skate the lights out :yes:

I would say Caro is in a better position than either Joannie or Rachael. She can afford a mistake and they can't.

amateur

Final Flight
I think Kostner can win this, and will if she skates halfway decent.. which, surely she has to manage *sometimes* in an LP, no?

Rachel has a decent shot, if Kostner doesn't step up and Rochette not near-perfect.

Joannie can definitely still win, but is dependent on Kostner not skating well, and at least a couple of small errors from Korpi and Nagasu. Certianly within the realm of expectation, but not in her control.

Korpi has an outside shot. Nagasu is an unknown factor to me, but can't count her out.

Should be an exciting FS!

I see the odds somtething like this:

Kostner 30%
Rochette 30%
Flatt 20%
Korpi 10%
Nagasu 10%

jovani2293

On the Ice
The LP Personal Best
Mirai-106.62 TS-168.82
Kiira-103.62 TS-164.82
Caro-120.40 TS-181.52
Akiko-112.08 TS-171.6
Rachael-113.41 TS-172.21
Fumie-120.06 TS-175.52
Joannie-124.16 (126.39 at the Japan Open) TS-176.28;178.51 ( if she hit like at the Japan Open)

This are the personal best of the top 7 ladies as you can see and the ones that are still in medal position. The second score or the TS(Total Scores) if the hit this scores.
So, If they were to hit the scores would hint that: Carolina,Joannie, and Fumie for the top three medals.

The scores can happen but I just don't see it happening for Fumie or Carolina. It may happen for Fumie but for I dont see it happening for Carolina. She is a good skater but the last time she hit a good score in the long was that the 2009 Europeans which was 114.06. Even if she were to hit that score, she would only score a 175.18. Her jumps have been off lately. I think it will be:
Joannie Rochette-Gold
Rachael-Silver
Fumie,Akiko, or Mirai for the bronze.
The four for the silver and bronze,Rachael,Fumie,Akiko, and Mirai, can switch around.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Speaking of scores I just read that Marai's 62.20 is the second best SP score for this season topped only by Yuna.

If her LP is close to or a little better than her pb she will medal and possibly win.

Go Marai :rock:

Last edited:

*Sniper*

On the Ice
Speaking of scores I just read that Marai's 62.20 is the second best SP score for this season topped only by Yuna.

If her LP is close to or a little better than her pb she will medal and possibly win.

Go Marai :rock:

Mirai :biggrin:

Her SP is the only one I've watched on YouTube so far, and she looked comfortable.
Good luck to her, Rachael, and Bebe!!

Also thank you to the organizers for putting the Ladies LP first (so that I can follow it live. :biggrin:)!!!

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
you think Mirai can win with a LP score of 106?

That was in junior events and they do less jumps and elements, so the score tent to be low. Mirai only two seniors events are last year SA and NHK, where she struggle with injury and growth sprout. She can difinitely score higher.

amateur

Final Flight
I find myself looking forward to this LP quite a bit, it's a rather hard one to predict!

amateur

Final Flight
1st warmup group on ice. Binshu Xu (who would have been 1st skater) has withdrawn. 5 skaters on ice.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Well, I'm comfortably settled in for the night, awaiting another lovely night of skating. :) I have no vested interest in one specific person, thus I can just relax & enjoy the show.:love:

:rock:GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE COMPETITORS IN ALL THE DISCIPLINES!:rock:

Nadine

Record Breaker
I really enjoyed this Canadian skater's program....nice soft touch, relaxing classical music.....and loved her 3 jump combo. & that 2A-2A sequence was a beauty! As were her 3Salchows. Lovely routine. :)

amateur

Final Flight
Diane Szmiett CAN
gentle piano concerto - reverie by mussorgsky

3lz nice
3sal good
3f? ok
3t-2t-2t good
3s-2t ok
2a-2a good, slightly tight but fine
3t good

spins simple and need work

BRAVO DIANE!
she's not the most exciting skater, but there was a nice gentle calm steady consitent quality all the way through that, it was actually quite relaxing to watch.
jumps were all quite good. she has a bit of a quick jerky takeoff technique on some, but nice flowy landings. That was nice. she is coming along, 19yo

100.04 her and coach are thrilled.