Ladies LP 2:00 AM Eastern Time Saturday | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP 2:00 AM Eastern Time Saturday

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Akiko Suzuki rocks my world! She is the only lady I really care about, and I can't believe she won the whole thing! And with the second highest score of the season so far! Of course she was still lowballed on PCS, but that should change now. :rock::rock::rock:

I know you are happy about your girl Akiko. She was wonderful. What is up with her PC's they should be higher.

beep_beep

Medalist
Wow, I was set to wake up at 4:00 am to watch skating, but last night's patrying got the best of me :biggrin:

Then I wake up and find out Akiko won the whole damn thing!!!! That is just fabulous!!! :clap: :clap:

Need videos. Pretty please...

janetfan

Match Penalty
Akiko Suzuki rocks my world!

They make it sound like some mediocre Japanese lady came around and took advantage of a bad day of skating.

Well that appears to be exactly what happened. But the word "mediocre" would be terribly unfair and not accurate at all.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I do hope that this sends a rebuke to those who feel that the short program is all that counts under the new system. Both Rochette and Suzuki were off the podium based on their short.

demarinis5

Record Breaker
I do hope that this sends a rebuke to those who feel that the short program is all that counts under the new system. Both Rochette and Suzuki were off the podium based on their short.

But Suzuki won Gold and Joannie won Bronze. They were both on the podium.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Yes, but their podium positions were thanks to their long programs. People have been saying that COP hurts the competition because the podium is pretty much decided after the short program. The fact that Suzuki and Rochette made the podium proves that this is decisively not the case.

janetfan

Match Penalty

True today, but with so much sloppy (bordering on inept) skating at COC it is hardly the time to wave the CoP flag.

ETA: Congratulations to the medal winners who with the exception of Akiko showed us mistake after mistake and some of the least inspiring skating seen since the the last GP event.

Last edited:

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Yes, but their podium positions were thanks to their long programs. People have been saying that COP hurts the competition because the podium is pretty much decided after the short program. The fact that Suzuki and Rochette made the podium proves that this is decisively not the case.

Gotcha. I misunderstood your post. :)

Last edited:

enlight78

Medalist
any way i don't think mao shouldd be worried even if yukari , miki, and akiko all make the gpf, she will still have nationals to prove herself

Alicja

On the Ice
First of all: Congrats to Akiko, she was wonderful!!! :)

As for Rachael and her jumping consistency, my impression is that she has been working on her (f)lutz and as a result is now struggling with both flip and lutz, which is not really that surprising. She's a determined, hard worker, so I'm sure she'll get that under control sooner or later.
As for Mirai and her underrotations, that was the first time she was in a position to medal at a senior gp. Let's give her the benefit of a doubt here, part of her underrotation problem in the long was probably due to her nerves.

Medusa

Record Breaker
As for Mirai and her underrotations, that was the first time she was in a position to medal at a senior gp. Let's give her the benefit of a doubt here, part of her underrotation problem in the long was probably due to her nerves.
Mirai has consistently underrotated jumps, even as a junior, especially in the second half of the program. Just like she did here.

Rachael is a in a much better place, she got every jump rotated - despite all the gloom and doom concerning her body type, puberty, rather tiny jumps etc. I guess Rachael will sort her small lapses of concentration out and come back strong.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yikes @ Mirai's LP score. :mad:
I was expecting her to be ranked at least third overall.

So the USA ladies go 5, 6, and 10 in the field of 11.
That just doesn't cut it.... Very disappointing.

Hopefully their next comp goes better than this one!! :thumbsup:

Yeah, very disappointing indeed...Thanks for the PBP guys. I don't even think I'll bother watching this one...

Medusa

Record Breaker
Yeah, very disappointing indeed...Thanks for the PBP guys. I don't even think I'll bother watching this one...
Watch Suzuki, she is worth it!

I just watched Nagasu, those underrotations were really obvious, and she knew it, too. I loved her interaction with Carrol in the K&C. Maybe it's also a stamina issue, at the end of the program she had only half the speed she had at the beginning.

R.D.

Record Breaker

Depends on how much of a lead you have and who holds it. If it's Yuna Kim, may as well cancel the FS :eek:hwell:
But here, the leader was ahead by barely a point. That's when there's opportunity for shifting around.

Last edited:

SusieH

On the Ice
Depends on how much of a lead you have and who holds it. If it's Yuna Kim, may as well cancel the FS :eek:hwell:

I meant to answer in the similar grain, but you said it first. But the fact is that you never know, especially at the olympics, where miracles and impossible things tend to happen. I will still choose to believe that we may have an exciting women's event. :) (And I really hope Akiko Suzuki is in the mix! Her long program is my favorite so far from a female skater this season)