Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Ladies LP 2:00 AM Eastern Time Saturday

Custom Title
    HA! The look on Suzuki's face when they gave her a "gift from Samsung Electronics" was hilarious!!!!

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by *Sniper* View Post
    Yikes @ Mirai's LP score.
    I was expecting her to be ranked at least third overall.

So the USA ladies go 5, 6, and 10 in the field of 11.
    That just doesn't cut it.... Very disappointing.

Hopefully their next comp goes better than this one!!
    Yeah, very disappointing indeed...Thanks for the PBP guys. I don't even think I'll bother watching this one...

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Yeah, very disappointing indeed...Thanks for the PBP guys. I don't even think I'll bother watching this one...
    Watch Suzuki, she is worth it!

I just watched Nagasu, those underrotations were really obvious, and she knew it, too. I loved her interaction with Carrol in the K&C. Maybe it's also a stamina issue, at the end of the program she had only half the speed she had at the beginning.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Yes, but their podium positions were thanks to their long programs. People have been saying that COP hurts the competition because the podium is pretty much decided after the short program. The fact that Suzuki and Rochette made the podium proves that this is decisively not the case.
    Depends on how much of a lead you have and who holds it. If it's Yuna Kim, may as well cancel the FS
    But here, the leader was ahead by barely a point. That's when there's opportunity for shifting around.
    Last edited by R.D.; 10-31-2009 at 08:54 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Depends on how much of a lead you have and who holds it. If it's Yuna Kim, may as well cancel the FS
    I meant to answer in the similar grain, but you said it first. But the fact is that you never know, especially at the olympics, where miracles and impossible things tend to happen. I will still choose to believe that we may have an exciting women's event. (And I really hope Akiko Suzuki is in the mix! Her long program is my favorite so far from a female skater this season)

Custom Title
    I don't care if she had 5 downgrades-- Mirai's Carmen is utterly charming. Once she fixes those underrotations, she'll have the judges at the palm of her hands--- she already has the audience with her effortless charm

Custom Title
    Rats! How could Mirai be down in fifth? This is such a discouraging year for U.S. ladies. And Carolina, a favorite skater of mine, seems to be caught in a downdraft. I can't remember the last time I saw her skate a clean program.

But Suzuki sounds interesting. I don't think I've ever watched a skate of hers. It's beginning to look as if they should just allow the entire Japanese ladies' team to go to the Olympics and let a few other countries sit it out. Sigh....

Glad to see Joannie pulled up for a medal. I think it may have been too much for her to travel to Japan back to Canada and then back to China within a month.

After reading some of the comments on here it sounds like she didn't land a single triple jump! Calm down. After she had that amazing performance at Japan Open people were saying she shouldn't be skating clean at this point and she was in trouble. Now that she had some difficulties here it's like sky is falling and she no longer is a contender. She still landed 6 triples!

Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    Glad to see Joannie pulled up for a medal. I think it may have been too much for her to travel to Japan back to Canada and then back to China within a month.

After reading some of the comments on here it sounds like she didn't land a single triple jump! Calm down. After she had that amazing performance at Japan Open people were saying she shouldn't be skating clean at this point and she was in trouble. Now that she had some difficulties here it's like sky is falling and she no longer is a contender. She still landed 6 triples!
    Heh? Nobody doomed and gloomed her. Still, her TES is 6 points less than the TES of the 4th ranked Japanese skater, who also landed only 6 Triples. What killed her today are those levels, Suzuki got everything level 4, except for the step sequence - Suzuki even got level 4 for those rather mediocre spins.

Rochette looked nervous to me. But her long is still one of my favourite long programs this season, great music, great music cut, great choreography. I also like her short program very much, unlike some people. It's one of the better Tangos out there.

I just noticed, Suzuki doesn't have a Triple Toeloop in her program! She can do it, she did it last year. Maybe she can turn the 2A-2A sequence into a 2A-3T sequence. The 2A-3T combo didn't work last year, she got always downgraded on it. But as a sequence it may work, judges and fans are always so delighted when a skater lands all five different Triples and 7 Triples overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Heh? Nobody doomed and gloomed her. Still, her TES is 6 points less than the TES of the 4th ranked Japanese skater, who also landed only 6 Triples. What killed her today are those levels, Suzuki got everything level 4, except for the step sequence - Suzuki even got level 4 for those rather mediocre spins.

Rochette looked nervous to me. But her long is still one of my favourite long programs this season, great music, great music cut, great choreography. I also like her short program very much, unlike some people. It's one of the better Tangos out there.
    If you read the earlier posts people were saying how she doubled the majority of her jumps, were wondering what had happened to her and that she was returning to the "old Rochette". That's what I was referring to.

Just read an interview with her and she said it is a good lesson for her. She's been doing too much outside of skating work and she will will cut back on that. Better that she learned that now than at the Olympics.

Custom Title
    Can someone please clarify what the olympic qualification criteria for japan are, do they let qualifiers for for Grand Prix finals as direct qualifiers or do they have to medal at the competition. I know something vaguely along that line for last years competitions.

Custom Title
    Congrats to all the medalists, especially Suzuki, she's a late bloomer, but she finally got her shinning moment! Well deserved!

Custom Title
    Wow. Once again at the final result. Very unexpected!!!!
    Congrats, Akiko, Kiira, Joannie!!
    Wow. Just wow. I'm speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by ae9177 View Post
    Congrats to all the medalists, especially Suzuki, she's a late bloomer, but she finally got her shinning moment! Well deserved!
    ITA and really enjoyed her WSS LP.

To Medusa: maybe after winning COC Akiko will be marked more fairly at upcoming events but there is still so much favortism ,,,,,,,yech

What a difference in quality and energy between Akiko's win and Miki's win from last week. I hope Akiko can keep it up and skate her way to Vancouver.

Custom Title
    Loved akiko's program , did she spill coffee on her top.

on a differnt note Akiko got large eyes and got a look.

i would surely kill the cameraman of CCTV, he killed the continuity of the program. any other versions available.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast