Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Ladies LP 2:00 AM Eastern Time Saturday

Wow Mirai looked so much taller and more mature that I would have believed it if I had been told that it was her older sis!

I felt that she had a slightly greater wrap than before. Is that impression perhaps just b/c of the UR?

Great job despite some downgrades! Don't cry. You are beautiful!

Congrats to Akiko!

A bit sad for Caro.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Akiko was stunning. She just came out of nowhere and BAM! Welcome to the champions' circle!

And such a beautiful young lady.

I even liked her costume. It Americanized her for that most American of music choices.

She reminds me of Sasha in so many ways -- even the WSS choice with fire-colors costume (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...NtDflAexp_T_BA) -- but without that fragile quality.

Rinkside

kiira korpi

I was pleased to see Kiira Korpi win a silver in China. But what has happened to her jumps? I watched her 2006 programs, and she had a triple toe-triple toe combo, and a triple flip, and six or seven triples in her program. Now, she just does the lutz, loop and salchow. Is it because of her injuries? I hope she can do well this season and make the Olympics, as she is one of the most elegant skaters of this generation -- reminds me of a classical figure skater from another era

I am probably going to be slaughtered for this - but Suzuki's jumps remind me of Kwan's. Rather small jumps, no excessive hight, not much power - but mostly clean and neat with flow.

Akiko has listed Shae-Lynn Bourne as one of her choreographers, interesting and definitely a good choice.
    Last edited by Medusa; 10-31-2009 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hughgraham2 View Post
    I hope she can do well this season and make the Olympics, as she is one of the most elegant skaters of this generation -- reminds me of a classical figure skater from another era
    I very much agree. Although her costumes have always been questionable for me (esp SP this season), her skating is extremely beautiful so is Laura's. Wonderful posture and beautiful stroking. There is something about these ladies' skating.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Akiko was stunning. She just came out of nowhere and BAM! Welcome to the champions' circle!

And such a beautiful young lady.

I even liked her costume. It Americanized her for that most American of music choices.
    FYI, Akiko's costume was designed by Shizuka.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    Loved akiko's program , did she spill coffee on her top.

on a differnt note Akiko got large eyes and got a look.

i would surely kill the cameraman of CCTV, he killed the continuity of the program. any other versions available.
    I noticed that too. I think she is a bit crosseyed.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Akiko has listed Shae-Lynn Bourne as one of her choreographers, interesting and definitely a good choice.
    Have you seen Shae-Lynn's short program for Jeremy?? She is shaping up to be a top choreographer.

ETA: Congrats to Suzuki!! I hope to see her in the finals!
    Last edited by shallwedansu; 10-31-2009 at 11:57 AM.

Custom Title
    Sorry folks who used to say Rachael should be on the team because she can consistently be relied on to put out clean 7 triple programs--- but now she's got neither consistency nor interesting programs. Last one I really enjoyed was her 2008 silver winning free program at Nationals. She now doesn't even seem to have consistency and fully-rotated jumps to boast of, and I don't see much improvement in her speed. Definitely see Mirai, Ashley better than her this season.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by cornell08 View Post
    Sorry folks who used to say Rachael should be on the team because she can consistently be relied on to put out clean 7 triple programs--- but now she's got neither consistency nor interesting programs. Last one I really enjoyed was her 2008 silver winning free program at Nationals. She now doesn't even seem to have consistency and fully-rotated jumps to boast of, and I don't see much improvement in her speed. Definitely see Mirai, Ashley better than her this season.
    Flatt is not a machine. I don't expect her to be perfect all the time, and especially not at the beginning of the season. Let's see what happens at SA first.

Rachael didn't get one underrotation call here. It's much easier to sort out minor mistakes like step-outs, than underrotations. She also improves as the season goes along. My bet is on her.

Custom Title
    I actually think she's been given a free pass at quite a couple of triples that looked underrotated, now and in the past.

Even with consistency, her skating just does nothing for me I guess...especially those horrible spins, posture and spiral.

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    OMG! Akiko's dress is so adorable!
    I just watched the broadcast of CoC on TV-Asahi (only selected skaters of their own criteria, d***)
    Shizuka (doing the commentary) admitted that SHE designed the costume for Akiko's LP. She says she'll refine it for Akiko as the season passes.

Custom Title
    Even with consistency, her skating just does nothing for me I guess...especially those horrible spins, posture and spiral.
    totally totally, agree.

I actually think she's been given a free pass at quite a couple of triples that looked underrotated, now and in the past.

What I see is that if Rachael misses a few jumps or gets a little sloppy - there is nothing else about her skating that stands out or racks up the points. Her spins, spirals, speed are all average or below average. She looked a little more juniorish to me this year than last year. But maybe she will skate better at SA.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast