Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Ladies LP 2:00 AM Eastern Time Saturday

Custom Title Charlotte Elizabeth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sorcerer View Post
    I just watched the broadcast of CoC on TV-Asahi (only selected skaters of their own criteria, d***)
    Shizuka (doing the commentary) admitted that SHE designed the costume for Akiko's LP. She says she'll refine it for Akiko as the season passes.
    She's better to take off the cardi

Custom Title
    i know i will get into trouble,but joannie ur her first two jumps--the combo and the 2nd one, halfway in the program she ur the jump the one right after the fall.
    if they didn't catch it i am sorry-but she should have definitley got negative goes on those jumps. to me joannie was given that score i would have her about a 105.

kiira--a 102 with what she did, she should had a 98-99

mirai--changed her landing on her jumps after she landed them, in other words she landed on one edge and to HOLD the jump she switch to the wrong edge.
    like rachel, alissa, ashley, carolina and sasha does on two jumps.be confident in your landings, don't change edges after you land on correct edge.

rachel --what can i say--be sure of yourself.

I finally watched Mirai's LP.. I know her jumps suck but what can I say, I still love her skating and her personality.

Custom Title
    i forgot Akiko great skate--outside of the first combo--you was rock solid on all your jumps, keep improving artistry--you will be a force to reckon with.

Rinkside
    Could someone explain to me better how it was possible Akiko got level4 for the spins? Because I really don't understand the system to me, her spins were not beautiful at all.
    Her steps were nice, but I do not like her spins and jumps.
    I prefer Joannie's LP choreography, music and dress.

Custom Title
    I think Joannie got a slight bit behind her music; i noticed it at the spiral sequence and at the last section, which is maybe why she ended up losing some levels. I thought she looked nervous at the start of this Free Skate too. She has quite an excellent record in the free skate though - 6-triples on an off-day! Compare that to what we've seen on an off-day from any other top skater not named YuNa... it's really the SP that continues to make it or break it for her, been that way throughout her career... She has fabulous programs this year, I'm really happy about them. Very much a contender.

Coming in JUST behind Kiira Korpi (overscored much?) in this competition seems a bit hard to swallow; Joannie's SP did not help matters, and I'm sure she'd be the last to complain, but still....
    Last edited by amateur; 10-31-2009 at 02:19 PM.

Rinkside
    Joannie obviously had a rough SP but she has such high quality skating and her programs look very special this season. I hope she qualifies for the GPF with a strong skate at Skate Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by macemace1980 View Post
    Could someone explain to me better how it was possible Akiko got level4 for the spins? Because I really don't understand the system to me, her spins were not beautiful at all.
    Her steps were nice, but I do not like her spins and jumps.
    I prefer Joannie's LP choreography, music and dress.
    Akiko really needs to work on her spins. Her positions on the spins could be so much better.. but her steps and skating skills are great.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cornell08 View Post
    Even with consistency, her skating just does nothing for me I guess...especially those horrible spins, posture and spiral.
    Rachael's spins annoy me the most. It you can't handle a bielman position; don't try it. That thing she does that's in between a donut and a bielman; really unpleasant to watch imo! She also does nothing for me in general. I also feel she looks a bit heavy on the ice. But I thought she looked better with a ponytail than with a bun. Reminds me of Joannie's ponytail . I feel sorry for Rachael; she gets criticized for her posture and her 'flatness'; I'm sure she's trying to work on it...

Custom Title
    I like Mirai out there, jumps or not, she has great personality and really good programs
    I hope her LP score motivates her to go home and work and work..She has so much potential but is it too early this year to get it all "together"..
    Was it not Ando that was penalized for a lot of her 3 jumps in the beginning of the last season but by Worlds they were really good?

What site can I go to to get all the results of the Grand Prix events? Thanks.......42

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar

Banned
    Joannie's program looks awesome. I didn't care much for her a few years ago, but she has improved so much.

Watching Rachael and Joannie back to back is simply not flattering. It's such a sad thing that American ladies' skating has declined to such a dismal status. I mean, Rachael as the top American skater? Bring back Sasha. I'd rather watch her fall three times than watch Flattttt.

I hate the UR calls. Mirai is simply the best American lady out there without the stupid calls.

I hope Akiko will punch a ticket for Vancouver. Don't care much about the wrapped-leg-queen.
    Last edited by lakeshore; 10-31-2009 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeshore View Post
    I hate the UR calls. Mirai is simply the best American lady out there without the stupid calls.
    So you should ignore poor technique?

Down With It
    Save Wagner at COR, the US ladies have been abysmal so far IMHO. Just when you think it couldn't get any worse...the field is so competitive here but the overall level of skating just isn't up to par with the world's best any more...

And even Wagner's score for her routine- that's probably about as good as it's gonna get unless she really fixes her jumps. She was fortunate but let's see how she does in Japan. She actually has a chance at the GPF if she medals but even if she does squeeze in, she won't have a chance against most of the field. Still, it may help her get on the Oly team in the event of a nailbiter at Nats.

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast