Ladies LP 2:00 AM Eastern Time Saturday | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP 2:00 AM Eastern Time Saturday

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
Fumie Suguri.
In champagne oriental dress.
3lz-2t, 3f , 2a, you could see she struggles on spirals, 3S with very wonky landing, 1Lz...well. 3f two footed, 2a-2a. Suguri does not show much enthusiasm in her skating this year so far.But I like her camel spin. :love:
into 2nd place

SusieH

On the Ice
The Chinese announcer said three of Fumie's triple were downgraded.

I hate the camera work. :(

Nadine

Record Breaker
Poor Rachael, she just didn't seem on throughout the competition. Better luck next time. :)

She landed 5 triples, but two of them had turnouts, and she doubled her second 3L. Loooooooved the 3/2/2/ combo. though!:love:

She had her hair in a nice chignon & was wearing a sleeveless red dress with a gold leaf design around the decollege. :)

amateur

Final Flight
Rachel Flatt
Rhapsody on theme, Paganini - piano concerto

2a from back spiral nice
3f?-2t good
3f wild
camel spin not stellar, but effective
3lo good
2flz?
3t? stepout
3s-2t-2lo (probably ur on last 2lo)

she has work to do, but i do enjoy the joy nd sensitivity that does come across in her skating. posture needs improvement. I do like this music better for her than Sing Sing in the sp, but this is mature and demanding also, she needs to step up

99.81 -- 2nd

Kinga

Medalist
To me, there are no many in-betweens in Fumie's LP.
Rachel's program is moving. There is something sublime about her. She improved the speed. Yet, the spins.... :/

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
Rachael Flatt.
2a, 3 f-2t, 3lz wonky landing, 3l, 2lz, 3f turned out on landing, 3s-2t-2l.
HEr jumps have become even smaller,as for program- usual Rachael program. Shame because Iove this music. In the end she tried to express music more.But it's still way to go! This year dresses though look better on her!
157.71. Into 2nd place.

feraina

Record Breaker
chill down, she landed 7 triples for heaven's sake. Who else landed 7 triples in this season??? Yu Na won with 5, you guys are ridiculous

What 7 triples? Whose program are you talking about? Joannie doubled the sal in the 3T-2S seq. And she might have had another triple downgraded. That first lutz looked shaky.

But never mind Joannie, what happened to Rachael? I actually think this is one of her best LP so far in terms of presentation, choreography, and speed. But, um, what happened to her jumps? This is like an alternate universe we live in. Joannie goes back to her hesitant, inconsistent self, and Rachael lost her jump consistency...

Nadine

Record Breaker
I'm so peeved at IN when the opening triple jump happens they've been showing it from up above, and elsewhere during the skater's program they'll do a looong shot, so unprofessional & spoils my enjoyment of the skater's program (hope they're reading). ;)

Back to the skating, loved Suzuki's 3R/2A sequence & she's a pro. when it comes to the 3L ~ both high & gorgeous! :rock:

herios

Medalist
What 7 triples? Whose program are you talking about? Joannie doubled the sal in the 3T-2S seq. And she might have had another triple downgraded. That first lutz looked shaky.

But never mind Joannie, what happened to Rachael? I actually think this is one of her best LP so far in terms of presentation, choreography, and speed. But, um, what happened to her jumps? This is like an alternate universe we live in. Joannie goes back to her hesitant, inconsistent self, and Rachael lost her jump consistency...

You better wash your eyes too, she didn't double her salchow, you are sleepy

Trewyn

Medalist
Wow! Akiko! That was stunning! How many triples did she land? Sure were many! Lovely spirit on the ice! Such joy and lightness! Very enjoyable!

*Sniper*

On the Ice

I see your point, but this is still early in the season, and most of them are finding their groove.
Going by your comment, one would assume that these skaters have been in a rut for the entire year already.

amateur

Final Flight
Akiko Suzuki JPN
West Side story

cool costume
3lz-2t ok
2a-2a good
3lo v good
3f? good
3lz v. good
3lo-2a good
3something fine - i missed takeoff
and here comes the footwork, fab
energetic final spin, not spectacular positions but very good

that was very very good! a really appealing casual confident style all the way through. she pretty much nailed the program. it would have been nice to see more footwork flair interwoven with elements... outside of the big fw sequence, it was kinda sparse... but very enjoyable skating, better than her SP. she looked very relaxed.

117.14 -- bravo!

feraina

Record Breaker
Not even 100 for Rachael... I'm guessing downgrades, as well as -GOE's on all the step-outs and shaky landings.