Ladies LP 2:00 AM Eastern Time Saturday | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP 2:00 AM Eastern Time Saturday

abbykitty

Rinkside
boo-urns.:cry: it seemed like Mirai did amazing minus the wonky fall on the 3loop, but a lot of her jumps did look underrotated ...:frown2:

Kissx3

Final Flight
Good job Akiko! She totally dominated this event! Joannie missing most of the jumps in her SP really knocked her out of the running here.

Kinga

Medalist
Strange costume. Gives an impression that she forgot to take off this white cardi.It's hugely distracting.
Program suits her but dress has to go. Or just take off the cardi.

I agree about Akiko's dress. If the cardi was yellow at least, to match yellow accents of her dress....

Phoenix347

Final Flight
I can't believe Kiira got silver... must be that Grace Kelly look. This could really be bad for Mao trying to make it to GPF.

harmy18

Rinkside
OMG::eek: What happened with Mirai's TES, her program sounds pretty clean to me, I just, can't believe her score:banging:

Congratulations to Akiko:clap: I wish I could see her in Can

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I can't believe Kiira got silver... must be that Grace Kelly look. This could really be bad for Mao trying to make it to GPF.
Why? Kiira did badly at TEB and is not a GPF contender, so her podium finish is good for skaters on the bubble. Which Mao, with her 6th-place finish last week, is not, BTW. She needs to focus on the rest of her season now.

Nadine

Record Breaker
So it was downgrades? Underrotation problems?

Hmmm, I'll need to go back & watch it tomorrow on IN.

Just seemed weird to me, but then again I think Mirai is the USA girl that has been out of the loop recently? Not much international experience? I know reputation judging means a lot.

One final note, I think Kiira Korpi was overmarked in both the SP & FS, most likely due to her looks. I wish the USA had Nicole Bobek back, that is a Nicole Bobek that could land her huge jumps this time around ;) , because she would enchant the judges with her beauty as Kiira does & blow away the field. Looks do matter. :)

feraina

Record Breaker
Skating gods were with Rochette today.
Awesome LP for Akiko (didn't see the SP) :clap:

The SP was amazing, too! Very solid jumps, amazing footwork sequence, great transitions, and good speed, only the spins were a little slow and hesitant in the SP. But she came back with an even stronger LP, nailing not only all the rest, but getting the spins faster and into better positions, too. I'm so happy for her! She totally deserves her win, she skated by far the best through this competition. I hope all of this sets her up will to represent Japan in the Olympics. I give her higher marks than Miki from last week, and also both Mao and Yukari. If she keeps this up, she might be heading into the Olympics as the top Japanese, from 5th to 1st, wouldn't that be something?! Talk about peaking in the right year. :) :love: :love: :love:

So, both Mirai and Rachael did pretty badly here, hit with multiple downgrades. So far, Ashley has done the best out of the Americans, so far. Although even Ashley was only credited with 4 clean triples at CoR, and Caroline also with 4 at TEB. Alissa was credited with 3 at CoR. I wonder how many clean triples Rachael and Mirai got.

I hope they post the detailed protocols, soon.

The American ladies are not looking so good so far this season...

Kimmie Fan

On the Ice

Just seemed weird to me, but then again I think Mirai is the USA girl that has been out of the loop recently? Not much international experience? I know reputation judging means a lot.

One final note, I think Kiira Korpi was overmarked in both the SP & FS, most likely due to her looks. I wish the USA had Nicole Bobek back, that is a Nicole Bobek that could land her huge jumps this time around ;) , because she would enchant the judges with her beauty as Kiira does & blow away the field. Looks do matter. :)
You can stop wishing. Nicole is in jail.

ks777

Record Breaker

I think Nicole is too busy dealing meth.

wonderland

Rinkside
Frank's trip with the girls ended pretty badly, despite the promising SP's... There's still Evan left in Men's.

You summed up very well, but I believe Frank will be most likely to burst out laughing for Evan's grand performance later on:laugh:.

Phoenix347

Final Flight
Why? Kiira did badly at TEB and is not a GPF contender, so her podium finish is good for skaters on the bubble. Which Mao, with her 6th-place finish last week, is not, BTW. She needs to focus on the rest of her season now.

Oops, you're right. I forgot that Kiira got only 8th at TEB. So that's irrelevant. But Mao got 5th not 6th last week not that it's going to matter a lot.

M

mylastduchess

I hope Kurt and Tracy stops over hyping Joannie as Yu-na's great rival now. I like Joannie and all but after Mao and Miki skated in previous events all they could talk about is Joannie.

Last edited:

harmy18

Rinkside

Might be Kiira was overscored, she sounds quite well COC IMO.

I don't think Mao could go to GPF this year, considering her bad performance in both TEB and COR. I really hates the programs only focus on 3axels

abbykitty

Rinkside
good for the Canadian girls bouncing back like that!:clap: didn't seem like Joannie was on her game this comp....but good for her getting on the podium after a disastrous SP. and great job by Diane getting 4th in the FS!:rock: