Vancouver Podium (Men) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Vancouver Podium (Men)

Which men will be on the olympic podium?

• Daisuke Takahashi

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Evgeni Plushenko

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Evan Lysacek

Votes: 33 35.5%
  • Nobunari Oda

Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Samuel Contesti

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Stephane Lambiel

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Patrick Chan

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Brian Joubert

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Tomas Verner

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Takahiko Kozuka

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

plushyta

On the Ice
I respect Plushenko's ability as a skater and jump technician, but I do not care for his ego. I do not share Johnny's taste when it comes to skaters he admires because that would mean becoming a Plushy and Yu-Na fan.
.... But I'm glad you can appreciate Weir and Plushenko. I just cannot relate to Plushenko's skating no matter how hard I try.
If Weir had a little Plushy's ego, perhaps would have had more success with winning medals... because that, Johnny and admire him. ;)

As for the "similarities and differences" between skating of Plushy and Weir ... you can love just one way? :biggrin: (just remember Plushy's "Nijinsky" from a few years ago, and you will see "Weir's parts" in Evgeni :yes:)

jennylovskt

Medalist
Also to the person who laughed at my dream podium: I don't see how mine is any more humorous than some of the others. I would like to see North America, Europe and Asia represented on the podium, what's wrong with that? Keep your judgment to yourself.

I find it hilarious because It's a pure dream without base. Johnny will not win Olympics and/or the Worlds under current condition. As I understand, this is a prediction poll, not a dream podium poll.

FYI, this forum has far more Weir fans than Lysacek plus Plushenko fans. Most of them are silent for a while.

dancingqueen

On the Ice
(just remember Plushy's "Nijinsky" from a few years ago, and you will see "Weir's parts" in Evgeni :yes:)

Maybe that’s the reason ? I Love Plushenko’s Nijinsky ?? :scratch: Never thought about it but I really loved his Nijinsky BTW.:love:

As for dream podium, could be = prediction podium .

Even Plushenko said anyone can win, anyone can lose.

Also if Conseti who is in this poll with 0 votes till now, I don’t think it's anything hilarious to put Johnny in this poll instead of Conseti.

Futureidol, - You know many successful people were laughed at by a majority of people, before they were successful, and still challenging to their goal. I will also vote for Johnny for this poll. :biggrin:
They can laugh all they want. :laugh:

futureidol

On the Ice
Maybe that’s the reason ? I Love Plushenko’s Nijinsky ?? :scratch: Never thought about it but I really loved his Nijinsky BTW.:love:

As for dream podium, could be = prediction podium .

Even Plushenko said anyone can win, anyone can lose.

Also if Conseti who is in this poll with 0 votes till now, I don’t think it's anything hilarious to put Johnny in this poll instead of Conseti.

Futureidol, - You know many successful people were laughed at by a majority of people, before they were successful, and still challenging to their goal. I will also vote for Johnny for this poll. :biggrin:
They can laugh all they want. :laugh:

Aw that made me feel so much better. I am a firm believer that anything can happen and anything is possible especially in figure skating. Also I read that Weir has significantly improved his FS with more transitions and choreography, and that he also plans to do the quad in Vancouver. And you are correct he has had a better season so far than a couple of men in the poll. So, why is it such a stretch to believe Weir could make the Olympic podium over them? Plus it's way more fun to root for the underdog anyway. It makes a far better story when David beats Goliath.

jennylovskt

Medalist
Aw that made me feel so much better. I am a firm believer that anything can happen and anything is possible especially in figure skating. Also I read that Weir has significantly improved his FS with more transitions and choreography, and that he also plans to do the quad in Vancouver. And you are correct he has had a better season so far than a couple of men in the poll. So, why is it such a stretch to believe Weir could make the Olympic podium over them? Plus it's way more fun to root for the underdog anyway. It makes a far better story when David beats Goliath.

Your podium line up, along with your post in another thread which was talking about Weir planning to continue after this season unless he wins Olympics gold medal or World Championship title, made me believe that you meant that Weir will be the first at this Olympics. That was the reason that I felt so funny.

bonito

Spectator
I find it hilarious because It's a pure dream without base. Johnny will not win Olympics and/or the Worlds under current condition. As I understand, this is a prediction poll, not a dream podium poll.

FYI, this forum has far more Weir fans than Lysacek plus Plushenko fans. Most of them are silent for a while.

Well maybe the reason why Weir fans are silent on this tread is because they can not vote for their favorite skater. If you put Weir in stead of Contesti you'll hear them soon enough ;)

My prediction for the Men's podium (or you can call it my dream podium) would be:

1. Plushenko :bow:
2. Joubert :rock:
3. Weir :love:

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
If Plushenko is going to be on the podium this year, I do hope that his programs are actually artistic...