View Poll Results: Which men will be on the olympic podium?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daisuke Takahashi

26 26.80%
  • Evgeni Plushenko

69 71.13%
  • Evan Lysacek

34 35.05%
  • Nobunari Oda

27 27.84%
  • Samuel Contesti

1 1.03%
  • Stephane Lambiel

26 26.80%
  • Patrick Chan

20 20.62%
  • Brian Joubert

33 34.02%
  • Tomas Verner

12 12.37%
  • Takahiko Kozuka

4 4.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vancouver Podium (Men)

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    My dream wish is a podium of Stephane Lambiel, Jeremy Abbott, Takahiko Kozuka, Tomas Verner, Shawn Sawyer, and Yannick Ponsero. Yes, my podium has 6 platforms and all 6 win gold medals! A guy can dream!

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar

No vote from me, Weir needs to be included

I've been lurking for a long time (I usually post on the IN boards), but I could not get past this Poll! It's utterly ridiculous not to include 2009 GPF Bronze medalist, NHK Trophy Silver medalist and master of grace and strength Johnny Weir in the Poll. Chan didn't even get a medal on the GP circuit (in his home country) and he's on there.

Anyway from my lurking I've garnered there are a lot of Lysacek and Plushenko fans here. Well I've joined to even out the numbers a bit. I'm a hardcore Weir fan and I will be playing a ton of defense on these boards in the future I'm sure. I also was a Yagudin fanatic before Weir was in the picture, so Plushenko is pure evil to me. Here's hoping that artistry combined with power triumphs in Vancouver. MY PODIUM: WEIR, TAKAHASHI, LAMBIEL

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by futureidol View Post
    MY PODIUM: WEIR, TAKAHASHI, LAMBIEL

The King has arrived - no questions! plushyta's Avatar
    Anyway from my lurking I've garnered there are a lot of Lysacek and Plushenko fans here. Well I've joined to even out the numbers a bit. I'm a hardcore Weir fan and I will be playing a ton of defense on these boards in the future I'm sure. I also was a Yagudin fanatic before Weir was in the picture, so Plushenko is pure evil to me.
    Why thus you think, about the poor, sweety Plushy?

I love Plushenko .... but love and Weir - which, on the other hand, most loves and respects Plushy of the skaters .... you should trust to your "idol"

Quote Originally Posted by plushyta View Post
    Why thus you think, about the poor, sweety Plushy?

I love Plushenko .... but love and Weir - which, on the other hand, most loves and respects Plushy of the skaters .... you should trust to your "idol"
    I respect Plushenko's ability as a skater and jump technician, but I do not care for his ego. I do not share Johnny's taste when it comes to skaters he admires because that would mean becoming a Plushy and Yu-Na fan. Also I would like to see a non soviet skater win the gold in Vancouver (not because I have anything against Russia, it's just been a mighty long winning streak and I want to see someone break it), just as long as it's NOT Lysacek. But I'm glad you can appreciate Weir and Plushenko. I just cannot relate to Plushenko's skating no matter how hard I try.

Also to the person who laughed at my dream podium: I don't see how mine is any more humorous than some of the others. I would like to see North America, Europe and Asia represented on the podium, what's wrong with that? Keep your judgment to yourself.

The King has arrived - no questions! plushyta's Avatar
    I respect Plushenko's ability as a skater and jump technician, but I do not care for his ego. I do not share Johnny's taste when it comes to skaters he admires because that would mean becoming a Plushy and Yu-Na fan.
    .... But I'm glad you can appreciate Weir and Plushenko. I just cannot relate to Plushenko's skating no matter how hard I try.
    If Weir had a little Plushy's ego, perhaps would have had more success with winning medals... because that, Johnny and admire him.

As for the "similarities and differences" between skating of Plushy and Weir ... you can love just one way? (just remember Plushy's "Nijinsky" from a few years ago, and you will see "Weir's parts" in Evgeni )

Custom Title
    Also to the person who laughed at my dream podium: I don't see how mine is any more humorous than some of the others. I would like to see North America, Europe and Asia represented on the podium, what's wrong with that? Keep your judgment to yourself.
    I find it hilarious because It's a pure dream without base. Johnny will not win Olympics and/or the Worlds under current condition. As I understand, this is a prediction poll, not a dream podium poll.

FYI, this forum has far more Weir fans than Lysacek plus Plushenko fans. Most of them are silent for a while.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyta View Post
    (just remember Plushy's "Nijinsky" from a few years ago, and you will see "Weir's parts" in Evgeni )
    Maybe that’s the reason ? I Love Plushenko’s Nijinsky ?? Never thought about it but I really loved his Nijinsky BTW.

As for dream podium, could be = prediction podium .

Even Plushenko said anyone can win, anyone can lose.

Also if Conseti who is in this poll with 0 votes till now, I don’t think it's anything hilarious to put Johnny in this poll instead of Conseti.

Futureidol, - You know many successful people were laughed at by a majority of people, before they were successful, and still challenging to their goal. I will also vote for Johnny for this poll.
    They can laugh all they want.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    Maybe that’s the reason ? I Love Plushenko’s Nijinsky ?? Never thought about it but I really loved his Nijinsky BTW.

As for dream podium, could be = prediction podium .

Even Plushenko said anyone can win, anyone can lose.

Also if Conseti who is in this poll with 0 votes till now, I don’t think it's anything hilarious to put Johnny in this poll instead of Conseti.

Futureidol, - You know many successful people were laughed at by a majority of people, before they were successful, and still challenging to their goal. I will also vote for Johnny for this poll.
    They can laugh all they want.
    Aw that made me feel so much better. I am a firm believer that anything can happen and anything is possible especially in figure skating. Also I read that Weir has significantly improved his FS with more transitions and choreography, and that he also plans to do the quad in Vancouver. And you are correct he has had a better season so far than a couple of men in the poll. So, why is it such a stretch to believe Weir could make the Olympic podium over them? Plus it's way more fun to root for the underdog anyway. It makes a far better story when David beats Goliath.

Custom Title
    Aw that made me feel so much better. I am a firm believer that anything can happen and anything is possible especially in figure skating. Also I read that Weir has significantly improved his FS with more transitions and choreography, and that he also plans to do the quad in Vancouver. And you are correct he has had a better season so far than a couple of men in the poll. So, why is it such a stretch to believe Weir could make the Olympic podium over them? Plus it's way more fun to root for the underdog anyway. It makes a far better story when David beats Goliath.
    Your podium line up, along with your post in another thread which was talking about Weir planning to continue after this season unless he wins Olympics gold medal or World Championship title, made me believe that you meant that Weir will be the first at this Olympics. That was the reason that I felt so funny.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    I find it hilarious because It's a pure dream without base. Johnny will not win Olympics and/or the Worlds under current condition. As I understand, this is a prediction poll, not a dream podium poll.

FYI, this forum has far more Weir fans than Lysacek plus Plushenko fans. Most of them are silent for a while.
    Well maybe the reason why Weir fans are silent on this tread is because they can not vote for their favorite skater. If you put Weir in stead of Contesti you'll hear them soon enough

My prediction for the Men's podium (or you can call it my dream podium) would be:

1. Plushenko
    2. Joubert
    3. Weir

If Plushenko is going to be on the podium this year, I do hope that his programs are actually artistic...

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by bonito View Post
    My prediction for the Men's podium (or you can call it my dream podium) would be:

1. Plushenko
    2. Joubert
    3. Weir

My dream wish is a podium of - Weir, Lambiel, Joubert

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    I predict Lysachek and Plushenko as first and second. Third is between Brian, Chan and Oda..

Two out of three. Not bad.
    Last edited by MrScroogeMcDuck; 03-05-2010 at 10:51 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2