Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown to Sasha's Return

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Well as of yet, Sasha has really not much to fear from the American ladies. Like last year, none of them have emerged as a clear leader. Just when we thought Mirai was back, her LP proved not much has changed. Caroline is coming off an injury and still dealing with many of the same issues as the past two seasons. Ashely has been good, but really dosen't have anything over sasha. Racheal has been unimpressive. Alissa has shown more fight, but that chance of her devlivering any more than 4 clean triples is HIGHLY doubtful. It will be rough for Sasha debuting against Yu-na her first time out, but I am confident that she will hold her own and really shine at Nationals.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    ELEVEN DAYS and the groundwork has been laid for a withdrawal. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olymp...comeback_N.htm

Custom Title
    I didn't take this as a negative, like she may withdraw again at the 12th hour...I read it more as an excuse for if she doesn't fare well.

I do hope you're right!

Quote Originally Posted by MKFSfan View Post
    I read it more as an excuse for if she doesn't fare well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    I do hope you're right!
    You hope that Sasha is getting her excuses together in advance in case she does not skate well?

"The injury has persisted" and "if she's able to skate" sounds pretty bad. I mean, this is an US-American newspaper about a US-female skater. Normally it's all "I am just out there to have fun", "I just want to do my best, nothing else matters" - and how often have we read positive-sounding articles about skaters, who withdrew 48 hours later. To me, it doesn't sound good.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    She can't withdraw if she wants to go to Nationals, can she?

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    She can't withdraw if she wants to go to Nationals, can she?
    Yes she can.
    It might not look good but Sasha has a guaranteed spot at Nationals based on being a reigning Olympic medalist.

The GP's were supposed to be Sashas warmups for Natls.

She wanted two and she got two.

But she doesn't have to compete at SA. I don't think it would good for her though when it comes time to select the Olympic team if she bails out of SA.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    It might not look good but Sasha has a guaranteed spot at Nationals based on being a reigning Olympic medalist.
    It seems like Meissner should have a guaranteed spot for being a World Champion within the same time period.

Very odd rule.

This rule does not fit well with the nature of FS, especially that of the ladies field. Things change very quickly in the field, with younger crops always coming in and senior skaters having only a few years of their prime time. Additionally, ISU rules have changed dramatically in a couple of years. Four years are often one cycle of an era, with the skaters with their accomplishments look into retirement.

Did anyone else notice in a recent clip how Sasha was wildly flapping her arms about as if she had no control over them

I wonder if this is a result of Plushy and Evan's influence?

Seems to me that Sasha's newly discovered skill of arm flapping shows just how serious and determined she is to return.

I hope she is practicing her crying too as that also seems to be the next big thing in CoP competitions

Now if she can just get her UR's consistent she will be ready to return as the perfect CoP skater!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    This rule does not fit well with the nature of FS, especially that of the ladies field. Things change very quickly in the field, with younger crops always coming in and senior skaters having only a few years of their prime time. Additionally, ISU rules have changed dramatically in a couple of years. Four years are often one cycle of an era, with the skaters with their accomplishments look into retirement.
    Well, the only thing she gets out of her medal is that she is allowed to participate at U.S. nationals.

The alternative would be to make her compete in sectionals and regionals, taking a spot from some eager child whose greatest dream is some day to make it to nationals.
    Last edited by Mathman; 11-04-2009 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    You have good points - but if this was Michelle returning (in the proper time frame) with her bronze medal not as many would be complaining.

Is it the end of the world that Sasha is only a "Silver medalist?"

She deserves some credit even if she did fall and "play Santa" in Torino

I seem to recall Miss Kwan sitting down at SLC and that's just the way it goes sometimes.

After seeing the American ladies this season I hope more than ever Sasha will return. If nothing else, simply because her skating is so lovely - but I also suspect she is still better then any of our current ladies.

Sasha please return

Custom Title
    In a very recent interview, Sasha's coach Arutunian said she was still suffering pain from her tendonitis. There is the definite possibility that Sasha will not be at Skate America, or if she does go, that she will have severe problems with her jumps.

Ten days and no withdrawal. We're almost down to single digits!

Janetfan, re: her arms, I think she got Morozoved. He's doing one of her programs. I guess if champion-maker Nicolai says flap, she flaps.

I'm worried about the tendonitis. I don't want to see her hurt herself.
    Last edited by Spun Silver; 11-04-2009 at 05:06 PM.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast