Japan Times: Poll on Mao | Golden Skate

Japan Times: Poll on Mao

japanice

Rinkside
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/

A piece of your mind
Decisions for Mao

What do you think figure skater Mao Asada should do to improve her chances at winning the gold medal at the upcoming Vancouver Winter Olympic Games?

1. Maybe it's time that Mao Asada parted with Russian coach Tatiana Tarasova and hire a full-time Japanese coach.

2. Mao should move to Russia so she can train with her coach every day.

3. Nikolai Morozov would be a good choice. He knows how to work with Japanese skaters.

4. Mao had two good seasons with coach Rafael Arutunian. Why not return to him?

5. Mao should consider other candidates for a new coach.

Bennett

Record Breaker
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/

A piece of your mind
Decisions for Mao

What do you think figure skater Mao Asada should do to improve her chances at winning the gold medal at the upcoming Vancouver Winter Olympic Games?

1. Maybe it's time that Mao Asada parted with Russian coach Tatiana Tarasova and hire a full-time Japanese coach.

2. Mao should move to Russia so she can train with her coach every day.

3. Nikolai Morozov would be a good choice. He knows how to work with Japanese skaters.

4. Mao had two good seasons with coach Rafael Arutunian. Why not return to him?

5. Mao should consider other candidates for a new coach.

My wishful thinking is that Mao and TAT come up with delightful SP and LP, with an addition of a tech coach in Japan.

But Mao has already decided that she keeps two programs. So keep the current two programs, stay at home, and hire a Japanese technical full-time coach while keeping TAT as a consultant. Or move to Russia to work with TAT fulltime. I don't think she wants to throw TAT away at the middle of the season.

hurrah

Medalist
I read an article written in Japanese that reported that JSF were flooded with e-mails and phone calls from Mao's Japanese fans with such encouraging messages as 'Cheer up, Mao!', 'Don't give up, Mao!' and 'We want to see your smile, Mao!' There apparently was a minority of those who questioned keeping Tat as a coach, but this was before Mao's press conference.

This poll business is rather insolent. Really, what does it accomplish? As if anyone who had any real say in Mao's training situation would pay any heed to Japan Times a la Mr. Gallagher.

Wicked

Final Flight
Putting out a poll like this is so unhelpful to Mao right now. What she needs are those encouraging messages. Sigh.

seniorita

Record Breaker
oh god, that looks so mediaeval, or better why they dont call her in the central square of the city and gather people to vote about Mao's future...:disapp:

janetfan

Match Penalty
oh god, that looks so mediaeval, or better why they dont call her in the central square of the city and gather people to vote about Mao's future...:disapp:

Unfortunately medieval sounds about right............:

But it could be worse..........

Imagine a biblical scenario..........
with the critics and fans gathered in a circle, rocks clenched tightly in their hands waiting for the final verdict..........

not a pretty picture to say the least :frown:

I fear such a fate for Sasha should she back out of SA. ;)

Mao of course, as the daughter of her nation will be fine and has already been offered a job as a TV game show hostess for the new show "Triple Axeling With The Stars," should her skating continue to slide downhill. :)

Last edited:

life684

Final Flight
Unfortunately medieval sounds about right............:

But it could be worse..........

Agreed

I
magine a biblical scenario..........
with the critics and fans gathered in a circle, rocks clenched tightly in their hands waiting for the final verdict..........

not a pretty picture to say the least :frown:

Modern version was played out after torino, Accused : Miki Ando

I fear such a fate for Sasha should she back out of SA. ;)

Sasha's fan are lot more understanding, they will admire her spins and spirals

Mao of course, as the daughter of her nation will be fine and has already been offered a job as a TV game show hostess for the new show "Triple Axeling With The Stars," should her skating continue to slide downhill. :)

:unsure: :think: :confused:

On the other hand, there are four separate threads on the first page about Mao's situation.

And on the third...this could never happen in the United States. The general public can not even name the top U.S. lady contenders, much less have an opinion about their coaching situations.

I bet Alissa Czisny (who?) or Sasha Cohen (didn't she win the Olympics in 1998?) would be tickled pink to have such a hold on the attention of the nation.

janetfan

Match Penalty
And on the third...this could never happen in the United States. The general public can not even name the top U.S. lady contenders, much less have an opinion about their coaching situations.

I bet Alissa Czisny (who?) or Sasha Cohen (didn't she win the Olympics in 1998?) would be tickled pink to have such a hold on the attention of the nation.

I thought all of these "Mao" topics were a brilliant defensive tactic being used to combat the virile outbreak of Plushy topics here :laugh: