Akiko Suzuki On The Move | Golden Skate

Akiko Suzuki On The Move

kandidy

Final Flight
Watched her LP yesterday.
She is a pleasant skater with good techniques and presentation on the ice.
WIsh her success in National and get Olympic spot.
Too bad there's so many excellent skater in Japan.
3 slots seems not enough for Japan, I am sure if you send all Yukari, Miki ,Mao Fumie and Akiko, they will get higher ranking than three countires representative combined together.

christinaskater

Medalist
She has a lot of flair and musicality!

Her PCS should be really up there!

She needs to improve on the spins though

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I wish her the best. She is a GREAT skater and is currently quite underrated.

janetfan

Match Penalty
She has a lot of flair and musicality!

Her PCS should be really up there!

She needs to improve on the spins though

Quote from Icenetwork review about Akiko's COC performance:

"The dynamic skater showed strong steps and fast, well-centered spins en route to a 117.14-point free skate. She finished with 176.66 points, topping her previous personal best by 10 points, and went home with her first senior Grand Prix medal, a gold."

Bennett

Record Breaker
No, her spins were not centered. You could get dizzy by that swing esp doing camel etc she held the position well despite that though. But I love her big jumps and fun steps. She has very positive energy.

christinaskater

Medalist
Akiko achieves high levels on the spins, the leg position makes it really difficult but it's not as aesthetically pleasing to watch.

christinaskater

Medalist
I'm really happy she scored her 1st major grand prix title! Hopefully she continues her climb to the top!

Who knows she may pull a Shizuka heheheh:clap:

christinaskater

Medalist
Sadly, I don't have the protocols for the event

I totally love her "Dark Eyes" program

For me, she is one of the most musical and dancer like skaters

She loves to perform

You can feel her passion oozing throughout her performances!

She is really something! With a few adjustments who knows she maybe making her move at the Olympics or the worlds!

I think the PCS is a reflection that she is not yet known to the skating judges, but given time, she should be scoring really high PCS's because of her exquisite musicality and performing skills

christinaskater

Medalist
I think Akiko Suzuki is an inspiration to people everywhere. She suffered from an extremely difficult disease and is in remission. I have had numerous friends suffer from eating disorders and some recover and some do not. It is a disease that no medication can fix. Each day is a struggle for the sufferers. I love that Akiko has overcome this disease and is back skating at the elite level, and excelling no less. Negative comments about physical appearance contribute to the occurrence of eating disorders in the first place. I think Akiko is a beautiful person inside and out and we should applaud her for her inner strength at overcoming a debilitating disease. Talk about a person who obviously loves to skate. She oozes joy while she's performing.

I totally agree

Bennett

Record Breaker

I totally love her "Dark Eyes" program

For me, she is one of the most musical and dancer like skaters

She loves to perform

You can feel her passion oozing throughout her performances!

She is really something! With a few adjustments who knows she maybe making her move at the Olympics or the worlds!

I think the PCS is a reflection that she is not yet known to the skating judges, but given time, she should be scoring really high PCS's because of her exquisite musicality and performing skills

christinaskater, you wouldn't know how much I've always liked your passionate posts on Akiko:) and I don't think that I'm the only one.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
She is adorable

does anyone else see a Sasha-like quality in her movement across the ice??

Medusa

Record Breaker
Yes! Her attention to detail, body type, and style all remind me of Sasha. Or were you referring to edging and speed?
I think both ladies have the ability to express the music from head to toe, you have the feeling that every tone of the music reaches their fingertips. That's really rare. I can't think of other ladies among the current crop who have that. And despite the fact that Akiko's posture seems slightly off and her flexibility is not great, they both have great body tension and body awareness.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France

I found them:

http://www.skatingjapan.jp/National/2008-2009/fs/national/E/index.htm

Looks like she was screwed over. The downgrade penalty of death.

Suguri fell in the SP and had a mistake on her Flip in the LP.

Suzuki skated clean in both parts of the competition and skated a more difficult LP.

Considering that Suguri's programs last year weren't very good, she definitely didn't deserve to be held up artistically.

Suzuki was robbed of a chance to go to Worlds. :mad:

feraina

Record Breaker
Wow, so many downgrades for everyone except Suguri. Mao's UR problems were really severe at that competition, too. :no:

christinaskater

Medalist
I love Akiko!

She does has some semblances with Sasha and even Michelle Kwan when it comes to interpretation of music!

Akiko has that rare gift wherein her whole body emotes with the music. There is super attention and nitpicking in the execution of the choreography! There is so much emotion, soul and energy even to the tip of her fingers. In short she is truly an amazing dancer and her body exquisitely responds to the music. I really love her! She is one of the best I've seen and I really love!

I really wish her the best and that skating judges would eventually adore her exuberance and graceful interpretation and passion for her skating!

She should really give it a go! She is really super loved now in Japan and people I believe really wish her the best!

She's fought anorexia, criticisms on her physical appearance etc. and she has come out as a better person , a phenomenal skater and a great inspiration to many!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

GO! GO! GO ! GO !!!! AKIKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!