Akiko Suzuki On The Move | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Akiko Suzuki On The Move

janetfan

Match Penalty
Agreed. And was especially surprised to see the "lively" version of her show up under the high pressure skates of US Nationals.

As this is a thread about Akiko, have been so impressed by her competitive fire and "giving" style of performing. Would seem tough to stand out amidst such a dense and competitive group of ladies in Japan, but even using such "overused" music (WSS) she pulls it off. Energy, energy, energy. Impressed.

WSS is so great it can never really be overused IMO. And besides, I don't recall any other skater bringing it to life the way Akiko has.

Ren

On the Ice
Definitely! She was one of the ones who made people happiest!

Oh, definitely! Congrats Akiko! I'm glad they showed the whole competition in my country. Did NBC show her skate? I was under the impression that only the final flight and a few other skaters was shown. If that's the case, I'm sorry many Americans missed out on Akiko's skate your lights out performance.

christinaskater

Medalist
She was simply lovely! I think had she not skated before Yu-Na Kim's world record breaking SP her score would've been higher!

Man, the pressure to hear a score like that! It was good that she held herself up! Love her! Sadly, she's not going to the worlds :(

She deserves to go there

christinaskater

Medalist
It has been her life long dream to compete in the Olympics after being inspired to comeback after Shizuka's Olympic victory and what a way to make it all come true

She truly delivered!!!!! She is so inspiring and lovely!

tommyk75

Rinkside
Have there been any interviews with Akiko and/or Miki after the competition? I did see a picture with them and Mao where they were all smiling, so hopefully, they're all proud of their performances, as they rightly should be!