Who has the best layback? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who has the best layback?

R

rgirl181

Re: Who has the best layback?

A tough choice! For me:
Sasha's got the best position, line, and strength.
Dorothy's got the best speed (still!).
Sarah's flexibility gives her a lovely ease of position.
Angela has a beautiful softness and naturalness to her layback.
Irina has position and power.
Lucinda, when it comes to any spin, is in a class by herself. I saw her live last spring with SOI, but at "Stars, Stripes and Skates" in Sept, she was featured more, plus I saw her from better seats. Ruh really seems transcendant when she spins. Her spins almost have a spiritual quality about them.

Quite a change from 5-6 years ago, when even top ladies such as Chen Lu had the "hook" free leg position. We're being treated to some incredible layback spins this season and it's great to see them all!
Rgirl

L

LADSKATER

In todays' field of ladies, I have to go with Sasha. Lucinda is probably the best spinner of all time, but I think Sasha's spin is the loveliest. I watched her again in Skate Canada - the gala performance and her extension and position of the spin is unmatched. I also like the way she finishes the spin by dropping her leg lower to the side and does a variation to finish.

Ladskater

G

GBMalwayz

Best layback.

Just watched Angela's, the best, bar non. Next Sarah's -simply georgeous. Sasha next in line. Vey nice, but it's a lot easier for her to do these spins and positions with her tiny little body. Her's are faster, I think.

L

lottafs

Even though I hate the "classic layback" (different positions in spins are so interesting) I would have to say Angela.