Thread: NHK Trophy Preview

0 Not allowed!

News NHK Trophy Preview

Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    The ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating continues this week in Nagano, Japan, for the fourth installment of competition known as the NHK Trophy.
    More

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Can't say I agree with some of the choices...IMO, Lepisto & Leonova are likely to end up above Meier. Certainly don't agree with Inoue/Baldwin over Kawaguti/Smirnov.

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the article. Interesting that he put Adam Rippon above both Jeremy Abbott and Johnny Weir. I'd love to see it happen and I hope all three, in fact all the competitors, perform well.

BTW, I believe Jeremy has changed his LP music to Saint-Saens' Organ Symphony.

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Can't say I agree with some of the choices...IMO, Lepisto & Leonova are likely to end up above Meier. Certainly don't agree with Inoue/Baldwin over Kawaguti/Smirnov.
    I was quite surprised too, when I saw Inoue and Baldwin over Kawaguchi and Smirnov. They have a throw axel but the Russins are better.
    And an other question. Why Rippon and Abott?

0 Not allowed!
    I think the mens and womens event is completely unpredictabel; They are the most loaded of all gp events; I say the only thing one can be confident in is Takahashi giving a strong performance; proably gold other than that you might as well roll dice or play 52 card pick up so his pridictions to me reflect except for the pairs(I/B) could finish fifth;

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    I do hope he's right about Takahashi winning though

0 Not allowed!

Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I do hope he's right about Takahashi winning though
    Same! I'd love to see him make a big comeback, I missed him last season.

I hope D/W did some major overhauling on that FD, because I do not like it. Thank goodness for their OD, but I just can't believe Igor/Marina gave them that for an Olympic FD.

Excited to see Brezina!! Should be interesting to see him and Rippon in the same event. I also can't wait to see Abbott- I'm a little disappointed he didn't keep his original LP, I love Jupiter!