NHK Trophy Preview | Golden Skate

NHK Trophy Preview

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating continues this week in Nagano, Japan, for the fourth installment of competition known as the NHK Trophy.
More

oleada

Record Breaker
Can't say I agree with some of the choices...IMO, Lepisto & Leonova are likely to end up above Meier. Certainly don't agree with Inoue/Baldwin over Kawaguti/Smirnov.

SusieH

On the Ice
Thanks for the article. Interesting that he put Adam Rippon above both Jeremy Abbott and Johnny Weir. I'd love to see it happen and I hope all three, in fact all the competitors, perform well. :clap:

BTW, I believe Jeremy has changed his LP music to Saint-Saens' Organ Symphony.

Eszterbeszti

Rinkside
Can't say I agree with some of the choices...IMO, Lepisto & Leonova are likely to end up above Meier. Certainly don't agree with Inoue/Baldwin over Kawaguti/Smirnov.

I was quite surprised too, when I saw Inoue and Baldwin over Kawaguchi and Smirnov. They have a throw axel but the Russins are better.
And an other question. Why Rippon and Abott?

enlight78

Medalist
I think the mens and womens event is completely unpredictabel; They are the most loaded of all gp events; I say the only thing one can be confident in is Takahashi giving a strong performance; proably gold other than that you might as well roll dice or play 52 card pick up so his pridictions to me reflect except for the pairs(I/B) could finish fifth;

lmarie086

Medalist
I do hope he's right about Takahashi winning though :love:

Same! I'd love to see him make a big comeback, I missed him last season.

I hope D/W did some major overhauling on that FD, because I do not like it. Thank goodness for their OD, but I just can't believe Igor/Marina gave them that for an Olympic FD.

Excited to see Brezina!! Should be interesting to see him and Rippon in the same event. I also can't wait to see Abbott- I'm a little disappointed he didn't keep his original LP, I love Jupiter!