Has CoP Destroyed Asada? | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Has CoP Destroyed Asada?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
silverlake,when I am talking about new program to new music, I am talking aout the skater not the audience. The skater must be happy with what he/she is doing or it goes down the drain. The music sets up the enjoyment.

Mao may well have gotten to enjoy the Rach Prelude and if so, it will work much better all round.

I have read articles saying that Mao IS happy with her music for this season's programs though. I think she wants to develop a different side to show she's versatile and separate herself from the other skaters. I honor her intentions, however I'm not sure if it was the best choice for an Olympic year. Granted, if anyone can afford to take risks, it's Mao. She'll be at Vancouver in February selling that dramatic funeral music program in her vampire dress :laugh:
I look forward to it, I think if she wants to she can make this program really cool

Bennett

Record Breaker
I watched a TV program following Mao for the last 5 years or so. I understand that she has always had very strong love for this jump and that she feels very strongly about putting it into the Olympics programs. It does have a much better success rate than Miki's quad four years ago. But she is taking greater risks by multiplying the attempt by three. Realistically speaking by just looking at her success rate for the past several years, I don't really expect that she'd complete the all three of them at the Olympics. But I hope that she'd land it cleanly at least once there. Otherwise, she'd be perhaps sad more than missing OGM or being off the podium. Neither of them is the end of the world for her though:)

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I guess if she loves the jump that much then it makes sense. It just seems that recently it has been giving her trouble.It might be smart to only attempt it once at Japanese Nationals just to make sure she gets a spot the the olympics, and then put more of them back in her program when she skates at the Olympics. If she beat Yu Na that would be a big upset! Brian Orser doesn't think anyone can beat Yu Na though

Bennett

Record Breaker
Yeah, that would be a great idea. But I heard her saying that she hadn't wanted to play safe at GPs. By putting it in the program, she could learn and improve the next times.

M

mylastduchess

has there been any news about new programs for her cause the one shes got now won't get her anywhere. Atleast she should go back to past programs, Shizuka did and it got her an olympic gold.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I am afraid not. Please take a look at the thread, "Asada says she would not change anything after CoR (the wording can be different)." Retrospectively, I feel that that one might have been a more appropriate thread for me to post the previous post.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
has there been any news about new programs for her cause the one shes got now won't get her anywhere. Atleast she should go back to past programs, Shizuka did and it got her an olympic gold.

Yeah, there are articles saying she doesn't want to change anything :eek:hwell:. I honestly think that's a little silly because her current programs are centered around her jumps and look a little empty otherwise, plus the music is like background music for her jumps. With the right music and choreography, Mao can be a very elegant and artistic skater, but with her current programs this side of her doesn't show through. I highly doubt she won't make it to the Olympics even with these programs, so that's not really the issue. If she wants to win or even medal at the Olympics though she should seriously consider going back to one of her old programs, I like the one from 2007 where she won the FS at worlds. But I guess it's her choice and if she ends up disappointed she'll realize she was being silly about the whole thing :banging: