Who's going?? | Golden Skate

Who's going??

sillylionlove

Medalist
So who is going to Skate America? I am will be in Lake Placid on Wednesday and I am leaving on Monday.

Do you guys want to meet up sometime during the competition?

sillylionlove

Medalist
I am driving up from New Jersey making a brief stop in Albany to meet up with my mom and drop off my car so she can drive the rest of the way....can't wait.....!!!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I am driving up from New Jersey making a brief stop in Albany to meet up with my mom and drop off my car so she can drive the rest of the way....can't wait.....!!!

Glad to hear you are going. How exciting for you to see all of the skaters that we chat about at GS. Have a great time and I will be looking forward to your report.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I will be there. At the first practice on the first day, there wont be many fans....so I will stand up and shout, "Sillylionlove!" and about five people will laugh....then I will know where you are!
Tall thin guy with leather jacket and ballcap

sillylionlove

Medalist
If you scream sillylionlove I will so answer. I will be there bright and early on Thursday morning!! I will be sitting somewhere close to where the skaters enter and leave the ice.

Please feel free to scream Spun Silver too. :p We won't get there until the competition starts Friday night.

If anyone needs a hotel room on Thursday night, PM me. I don't know if it's possible to make the switch, but I'd be willing to try. Due to my insanely wishful thinking, we booked a room and planned to come early to see the practices. I forgot I work on Thursday nights. :eek: We can't get a refund. It looks like a great hotel (Mirror Lake Inn). Extra comfy in case my hubby can't handle so much skating and needs to retire to his books.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
If all you folks would just wear red ball caps, this would be easy! And every time Yu-Na takes the ice, wave them! ;)

sillylionlove

Medalist
I just got an iphone...so look for the person using the phone and not having a clue as to what they are doing!! And if you don't want to scream sillylionlove...I usually answer to Cathy too!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
this thread makes me sad... I should have tried to get time off to go :cry:

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
If we want to scream *your* name, how do we pronounce it? :biggrin:

Hmm good question. Just call me one-two-three then... haha. My ID is just a random sequence of letters :p
By the way, small Yu-Na banners will be distributed to fans so if you are interested, look around :)

Last edited:

shallwedansu

On the Ice
If all you folks would just wear red ball caps, this would be easy! And every time Yu-Na takes the ice, wave them! ;)
:p That's a great idea! Although, I think caps would be distracting for others, but I know you're just joking.

But it would be funny to see all of Yu-Na's fans wearing the same color or something similar. I was thinking maybe the same shirt. There could be entire sections of red or a red streak going though the crowd. :laugh:

Red might be too distracting. Maybe her fans should wear her shirt.

Ah! I'm so jealous of all of you who are able to go. If only SA would come to the midwest, preferably in Chicago! :p

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Please give the tall thin guy in the leather flight jacket and red ball cap who is screaming "Cathy loves lions!" a Yu-Na banner! I just missed getting one at Worlds...She is fantastic.....

Jhar55

Medalist
So wanted to go this year but with the possibilty of losing my job didn't think it was wise to buy tickets. Good thing the company has kept me so will be watching on IN. Maybe I'll be able to go next year where ever it will be held.
Have fun everyone who's going.