Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: CD - 12:30 am Friday Nov. 6, Eastern Time

Quote Originally Posted by visaliakid View Post
    More than likely, Japan TV is not broadcasting the CD's or providing any feed because of no coverage of CD's... not Skatebuzz or IceNetwork cause.
    then they shouldn't advertise it on their site as a live stream.

advertising 101.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by visaliakid View Post
    More than likely, Japan TV is not broadcasting the CD's or providing any feed because of no coverage of CD's... not Skatebuzz or IceNetwork cause.
    If that is the case (which I don't doubt) IN should have done proper logistical work ahead of time before posting a full streaming schedule promising the CDs.

Very aggravating.

considering the CDs were one of the reasons I went ahead and got a subscription today, I'm extremely upset at teh 'false advertising' that has apparently happened. They should know better.

well, actually, I should know better. isn't the first or last time I'll get stuck with a subpar product.

Custom Title
    I just re-read their streaming schedule page. There is some bold print advising us that schedules are subject to change and directing us to check back for updates. Only catch is, if they got wind of a lack of CD streams, they never updated the page to inform us. I'll be sure to point that out, if I ever get a live body on the phone.

Custom Title
    I only wanted to see Gilles & Summersett, which hopefully I can do tomorrow, that's if they show it on replay?

Anyhow, I'll come back for Men's & Ladies later on this evening, and maybe Pairs, but there's really nobody I enjoy anymore in Pairs except M&B.

Hope we all get our IN troubles figured out, especially for those that want to watch the rest of the CDs.

Custom Title
    The fine print on Ice Network says that live coverage will begin with the Pairs Short at 1:45 a.m. ET. (Go on the home page and look under the picture of Caydee Denny and Jeremy Barrett.)

The burr up Speedy's Butt! visaliakid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoates View Post
    If that is the case (which I don't doubt) IN should have done proper logistical work ahead of time before posting a full streaming schedule promising the CDs.

Very aggravating.
    Ice Network was not informed of this late change made by the Japanese... so this is NOT IN's fault as so many here are so eager to blame.

or some are just easy to believe what a company tells them; but I see they just changed their website to cover their butts.

Custom Title
    Ah well, they just updated their home page. Not starting until 1:45 with pairs.

Tonichelle is right BTW. I'm not convinced that this was some sort of change made so late that a quick update to the homepage could not have been made. That's what contracts are for.

I just spoke to a tech person and forwarded my and other complaints about this issue. If reminded them that many of us have to work tomorrow so missed sleep is not appreciated.
    Last edited by jcoates; 11-06-2009 at 01:02 AM.

Custom Title
    The front page changed but when you hit the "live streaming times" link it is still showing it starts at 12:30 ET. IN needs to get their act together.

Custom Title
    Bummer- I looked back at last year's NHK IN page and the Compulsory Dances never got posted because the Japanese outlet didn't broadcast it. If it doesn't get broadcast by the home country there's no feed to stream to other countries period.

That's too bad. Don't the Japanese know that ice skating fans like watching CDs? If we're going to protest, we should send protests their way since they control what gets seen at NHKs in the future not IceNetwork.

Added bummer- just looked at ISU results and it looks like Summersett and Gilles didn't get scored well at all- currently, they're in last place. :(
    Last edited by missysays; 11-06-2009 at 01:09 AM.

Custom Title
    If they have had problems in the past IN should have worked to make sure it was resolved for this year BEFORE advertising the CD would be live.

Quote Originally Posted by semosk8tfan View Post
    if they have had problems in the past in should have worked to make sure it was resolved for this year before advertising the cd would be live.
    EXACTLY.

ETA - anyone have the current standings?

Custom Title
    Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV RUS

are in first with 3 skaters remaining

make that 2 skaters

The burr up Speedy's Butt! visaliakid's Avatar
    Some of the posts here are just so off base they are laughable... So IceNetwork is deliberately lying, using false advertising to the very folks it wants to gain as viewers on a regular basis? ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Right... that's how to become successful in business! OMG! Great thinking!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast