Pairs SP- 1:45 AM November 6th Eastern Time | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs SP- 1:45 AM November 6th Eastern Time

gold12345

Medalist
Nice routine by the JPN couple. Fall on the throw jump by her & their sbs spins were off, but not a bad beginning for this very young couple. :)

Yes, I kind of like their look on the ice. They are still weak technically, but they have decent presentation. I like that JPN has a decent pair team now (well, actually, it's kind of a Canadian team :) )and I hope they can develop the technical elements further.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
that fall looked like it hurt... not enough height? she was still rotating it looked like...

ETA - are there swine flu worries at NHK? I've seen quite a few masks.

life684

Final Flight
Takahashi And Tran had such a good Junior grand prix, so the performance is disappointing. Well now they can prepare for JGPFs.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice routine by the CAN couple. Just a fall on a throw jump by her. And oh I have to mention the music of "What A Wonderful World" (brings back gorgeous memories of Oksana Baiul skating to this in December of 2001 in a gold dress, exquisite, exquisite). :love:

Okay, back to this nice couple from Canada, I'm over his bald head, which I didn't appreciate at a competition last week or the week before. Lol, if I can put up with John Baldwin & his head, et al, I can put up with anyone!:rofl:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It's Japanese custom to wear a mask anytime one is sick, so you'd see masks any year-- but you're right, probably more this year.

good to know! thanks! :clap: I learn something new everyday on here!

iriseyes

Rinkside
good to know! thanks! :clap: I learn something new everyday on here!

No problem! So much to learn, so little time! :yes: Like I just learned I'm not the only one distracted by skater's hair...

Anyways, loved the slide at the opening of Inoue/Baldwin's program!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Not bad, just a fall on their opening sbs 2A by her, but great comeback with that exquisite throw triple jump, low height on the split-double-twist, but everything else very very nice. :)

gold12345

Medalist
:rofl: John Baldwin's hair disturbs most people...

:rofl:

Can't remember the last time I saw Rena fall on a sbs 2A. Not a bad score considering they have less technical content than the others. They outscored Denney/Barrett on PCS.

The girl of this Russian pair is so much taller than I remember her!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Continuing in the long line of gorgeous classical lines with Russian style, this couple does not disappoint! Beautiful opening high split-double twist with arms overhead by her & equally exquisite throw jump, but their sbs jumps were off in timing, as well her landing was awkward, otherwise everything else was first rate! :)

life684

Final Flight
Oh god she is tall and she looks like she has grown half a foot. I think they are trying to recreate a bit of TT/MM with music. Ok performance nothing special. Lost syhcnro during sbs possibly UR and lost syncro inbetween the sbs spins.