sbs spin - ok
lift
StSq.
death spiral w/hand change
PCCoSp

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ok either Rena Inoue has suddenly gotten taller, or John Baldwin is getting shorter

or I just haven't been paying attention to the lack of height difference until now.

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG I LOVE THIS COUPLE, EVEN BETTER THAN LAST WEEK OR THE WEEK BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!:bow::love::cool::rock::clap::agree:

They should easily go into 1st place. Her arms are liquid gold, just like Oksana Baiul's, liquid gold. She really is a swan, what stretch, what loveliness, what everything, ditto what I said about the other RUS couple but times 10!!!!!!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
AND THEY GO INTO 1ST PLACE WITH A NEW SB SCORE!!!! WELL DESERVED! WELL DESERVED!!!!!!!!1:love::love::love::love:

gold12345

Medalist
AND THEY GO INTO 1ST PLACE WITH A NEW SB SCORE!!!! WELL DESERVED! WELL DESERVED!!!!!!!!1:love::love::love::love:

It must not be the middle of the night where you live because you seem quite hyper for this. :laugh:

I think I might be less distracted by Kawaguchi if she got a new hair style. Somehow, I think her current hair adds an extra flimsiness to her. But thankfully they skated well because this SP event has been really lackluster in general.

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Pang/Tong

sbs 3T - he has hand down
3Tw - BIG!
3Lo throw - smooth
death spiral
sbs spin - ok unison
lift
StSq.
PCCoSp

Nadine

Record Breaker
Pairs Competition over, and the Americans come away with a bronze medal! :) And also a 4th place finish by the other American couple. :) Not bad at all. And what a gorgeous routine by the RUS couple. I definitely have to watch it again on replay tomorrow. :cool:

Danale

On the Ice
Final Results:

1 Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV RUS 68.90 38.94 29.96 7.60 7.20 7.55 7.55 7.55 0.00 #7
2 Qing PANG / Jian TONG CHN 67.30 37.74 30.56 7.70 7.40 7.70 7.60 7.80 1.00 #8
3 Caydee DENNEY / Jeremy BARRETT USA 55.20 33.08 22.12 5.75 5.35 5.60 5.50 5.45 0.00 #1

Huge gap between second and third.

:clap: for K/S! I loved loved their softness in the program.

skatingbc

Final Flight
Pairs Competition over, and the Americans come away with a bronze medal! :) And also a 4th place finish by the other American couple. :) Not bad at all. And what a gorgeous routine by the RUS couple. I definitely have to watch it again on replay tomorrow. :cool:

Ummmmm...not yet they don't!!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks for pointing that out, forgot this is just the SP!:chorus::laugh:

Medusa

Record Breaker
I somehow lost my time-zone-calculating mojo. Maybe it's still too early in the season. :eek: I only saw Pang/Tong, who were rather mediocre. Is it just me, or was Pang's posture extra-bad today?

Danale

On the Ice
I somehow lost my time-zone-calculating mojo. Maybe it's still too early in the season. :eek: I only saw Pang/Tong, who were rather mediocre. Is it just me, or was Pang's posture extra-bad today?

I have to agree. I didn't enjoy their program today. They were fast, that's for sure, but I wasn't captivated. K/S OTOH totally rocked.

gold12345

Medalist
Yes, I think K/S should have a little bit bigger of a lead here. Pang and Tong's score was a little much.