Original dance 10:45 pm Eastern Time, November 6, Friday | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Original dance 10:45 pm Eastern Time, November 6, Friday

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yes, Kerrs... finger pistols SCREAM American Country Folk Dance :sheesh:

not a fan of this OD

jcoates

Medalist
Of all the country western OD's this season I've seen so far, the Kerrs' is the most authentic and entertaining.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
D/W OD is so intricate, yet I'm not feeling it yet. The audience didn't seem into it during the program, though a rousing applause at the end.

Nadine

Record Breaker
WOWWWW!!!!!! I absolutely love this routine, just like the movie, fabulous, can easily see these two as Olympic Champions. For me personally they have the best OD I have seen throughout the season ~ bar none!:bow::thumbsup::love::rock::agree::bow:

p.s. I sooooo wish that Emily & Evan would take the next step & do something like this, just as Jeremy Abbott left his coach of 10 yrs. to go to Yuka Sato, took the huge risk (especially during the Olympic Season), and oh my oh my oh my oh my....it's like seeing John Curry again....

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
And they easily blow the field away & go into 1st place!!!!!! WELL DESERVED, WELL DESERVED!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

bluelutz

On the Ice
Wow, Meryl & Charlie
The speed, intricate steps & lifts and skating so close together.
They are just wonderful.

Only one thing that I do not care much is Charlie's cosume.
From the distance, it does not look Indian enough to me.

Enthusiast

On the Ice
D/W's OD is so well designed, the choreography is amazing, I can't believe V/M never got anything like that.

life684

Final Flight
Wow, Meryl & Charlie
The speed, intricate steps & lifts and skating so close together.
They are just wonderful.

Only one thing that I do not care much is Charlie's cosume.
From the distance, it does not look Indian enough to me.

Costume is very indian, but not his hair ;)

mishieru07

On the Ice
Of all the country western OD's this season I've seen so far, the Kerrs' is the most authentic and entertaining.

I don't know about authentic by ITA about entertaining. :rofl: Anyway, since when are the Kerrs NOT entertaining. Love them!

Well done D/W! :clap: Props to their designer; those costumes look darn good!

Can't wait for the FD tomorrow!

jcoates

Medalist
...HOW?

I'd love to see the two step or a version of line dancing or something, not a bunch of finger pistols, hops and lasso twirls.

It captures the country western theme and flavor far better than P/B or S/B do. I might be wrong but while it may not be out of a textbook, that is not the No. 1 goal of the ODs this season. I think they are supposed to the be more theme dances than ones designed to specifically mimic certain step patterns. Otherwise, there would have been more allowances for dances like flamencos to directly translate their stomping movements directly to the ice without alteration.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Costume is very indian, but not his hair
And Charlie's costume's subdued color and design help Meryl's amazing costume stand out that much more. IMO, together they are very effective.

Love them!

missysays

On the Ice
A beautiful and unique OD from D/W.

You can tell they're starting to draw out the expression and hold out the movement in some places but the music is extremely fast and unforgiving if they miss the timing. They seemed the tiniest bit out of sync with one another in some of the movement- Meryl and Charlie seemed almost 1/8th of a beat off each other in places- you can see it in the slow mo of the twizzles.

But overall, good job and you can really tell the judges really like them- the scores with even the smallest of mis-timing between the two of them were amazing!! So far this OD scores the highest out of other competitors this season. If they continue on and there are no mishaps, they may just win this segment of the competition even at Olympics or Worlds. (Though we haven't seen either of the D/S's yet.)

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Kerr & Kerr were second after the CD at TEB but went down to the third after the OD and ended up with the third overall. I'm glad that they are holding onto the second position here in NHK. I hope they get the silver medal this time. ;)