Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 143

Thread: Men's SP 3:10AM EST USA

  1. #91
    End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    He's current U.S. champion and Grand Prix Champion.

    I would have had him first. Joubert was great, but I think the judges should automatically deduct one point for reusing last season's music.
    Well at least, he changed his costume into smth decent..
    I think when Brian is on, he is on a different class, even with mediocre spins.. So all I can say is, Allee Briaaaaaaaann!!!

  2. #92
    Off the ice Buttercup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Left field
    Posts
    3,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Can anybody inform me about Jeremy Abbott? Seriously, who is he? How old? Has he ever been to Nationals? If so, what placement(s)? And anything else you can think of, thanks!
    I told you dropping men's skating when Plushenko retired was a mistake! Abbott is the current US National Champion, and the 2008-9 CoC and GPF champion. He's fantastic when on, but like most of the men competing these days - very inconsistent. He trains in Detroit with Yuka Sato and his SP was choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne. His motto is "pigs can fly", as you can see on his twitter feed. Check out his LP at either 2008 CoC or the GPF - stunning performances. Anything else?

    Also, yay for Brian! I didn't watch but I'm very happy he did well.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 11-06-2009 at 04:45 AM.

  3. #93
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    222
    Lots of good performances.
    Nice to see Daisuke again!

    LP is going to be so interesting if everyone skates like this.

  4. #94
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    63
    I just realized Yuka Sato choreographed both Abbot and Kozuka's programs... that makes sense! Love them both!

    (On second thought, it seems she choreographed Kozuka and coaches Abbot... anyways, something's similar!)
    Last edited by iriseyes; 11-06-2009 at 04:50 AM.

  5. #95
    L'art pour l'art Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,752
    Brian in first, Weir in third? That screws up my predictions royally. Well, if everything goes accordding to plan, Brian is going to implode in the free tomorrow anyway, then Abbott is probably in first overall , which would mean that I got at least the winner right.

    But was that a great morning of skating or what? I love the boys and the men. They are so awesome, so many good and clean performances.

  6. #96
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    603
    Okay, that was awesome. But my eyes are soring and killing me.... Should I stay up to watch ladies event or should I get some sleep? I can't decide.....

  7. #97
    L'art pour l'art Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,752
    Quote Originally Posted by gourry View Post
    Okay, that was awesome. But my eyes are soring and killing me.... Should I stay up to watch ladies event or should I get some sleep? I can't decide.....
    Go to bed.
    Ladies suck anyway. I will only watch because I don't need sleep at 10:51 a.m.

  8. #98
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    good place in the middle
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Brian in first, Weir in third? That screws up my predictions royally. Well, if everything goes accordding to plan, Brian is going to implode in the free tomorrow anyway, then Abbott is probably in first overall , which would mean that I got at least the winner right.

    But was that a great morning of skating or what? I love the boys and the men. They are so awesome, so many good and clean performances.
    Really? you're betting on Abbott being consistent?

  9. #99
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    But was that a great morning of skating or what? I love the boys and the men. They are so awesome, so many good and clean performances.
    This was the first time in four weeks I haven't done some house cleaning or gone to the fridge during the various competitions. Tonight was completely riveting. Bravo to all!!

  10. #100
    L'art pour l'art Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Danale View Post
    Really? you're betting on Abbott being consistent?
    Hey, it's early in the season. He rocked every long program early in the season last year. I fully expect him to lose all his mojo by the time the Olympics come around.

    Plus, one extremely important thing about Abbott is his 3A - he either has it for a competition, or he doesn't. It's rare that he lands it in the SP, and then screws it up in the LP. And if his 3A is there, his artistic mojo, his confidence and most other jumps are too. He just can't make a mistake, it often makes him implode, not just on the jumps, but also on the artistry (he turns into deer-in-the-headlights) and choreography.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo
    This was the first time in four weeks I haven't done some house cleaning or gone to the fridge during the various competitions.
    Hey, you do that too? I often start my laundry, change the sheets (because those are Friday-chores in Medusaland), wash the dishes etc. But this time I was glued to the screen.
    Last edited by Medusa; 11-06-2009 at 04:56 AM.

  11. #101
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Ladies suck anyway. I will only watch because I don't need sleep at 10:51 a.m.
    Ouch. That's a bit harsh...
    I want to see how Ashley and Laura do here but I guess I'll check it later... Too tired to stay. (But hey, nobody is even bothering to make a ladies SP thread?? Come on~~)

    By the way, I'm so glad Brian got a new costume.
    Jeremy's skating is just so seamless.... purely wonderful.
    And Johnny... I mostly like his program but his costume is.... well.
    Last edited by gourry; 11-06-2009 at 04:59 AM.

  12. #102
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    good place in the middle
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Hey, it's early in the season. He rocked every long program early in the season last year. I fully expect him to lose all his mojo by the time the Olympics come around.

    Plus, one extremely important thing about Abbott is his 3A - he either has it for a competition, or he doesn't. It's rare that he lands it in the SP, and then screws it up in the LP. And if his 3A is there, his artistic mojo, his confidence and most other jumps are too. He just can't make a mistake, it often makes him implode, not just on the jumps, but also on the artistry (he turns into deer-in-the-headlights) and choreography.

    You know what? I'll bet on Brian performing finally a decent LP. I got no wise words on 4T or 4S and 3A combinations ... just cause I think I've waited long enough

  13. #103
    End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by gourry View Post
    Ouch. That's a bit harsh...
    I want to see how Ashley and Laura do here but I guess I'll check it later... Too tired to stay. (But hey, nobody is even bothering to make a ladies SP thread?? Come on~~)

    By the way, I'm so glad Brian got a new costume.
    Jeremy's skating is just so seamless.... purely wonderful.
    And Johnny... I mostly like his program but his costume is.... well.
    Yep it's harsh but I think it's what most of us are thinking on the inside!
    Unless ladies can step up from little ballerinas or totally mind numbingly boring programmes, I don't think we'll see much improvement. I guess this was harsher..
    I am so happy for Brian, I hope he can land his jumps tomorrow.. He needs to take that pressure off him.
    If Abbott could've had decent consistency, I think he could totally beat any American skater in all competitions. Too bad cos I think he's way above Lysacek, Weir or the others (yes, I'll probably get a mouthful for saying this).

  14. #104
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    267
    now what was joubert's score? the feed stopped way before he skated....

  15. #105
    Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    3,968
    I'm loving these comments from Nadine. So much passion. And huge appreciation for Jeremy Abbott.

    I am mad that I did not watch the live coverage of this event. Silly me, doing other things.

    The SP competition here sounded amazing. Joubert, Abbott, Weir, and Takahashi all doing brilliant things. Too bad that Kozuka had a big mistake. I can't wait to watch.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •