Men's SP 3:10AM EST USA | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men's SP 3:10AM EST USA

Nadine

Record Breaker
And Brian goes into 1st place. :) Good for him, but I honestly would have Jeremy Abbott first.

Nadine

Record Breaker
P.S. Thanks Medusa for the offer of your Jeremy Banner. But I don't know how to do that, but thanks anyway, he's phenomenal!

gourry

Final Flight
Can anybody inform me about Jeremy Abbott? Seriously, who is he? How old? Has he ever been to Nationals? If so, what placement(s)? And anything else you can think of, thanks! :)

It is my understanding he won last year's GPF. And nationals. Correct me if I'm wrong.;)

Wow. What a competition!!! Daisuke, welcome back!!!!
And Brian!! Oh! Good to see him back to after that somewhat disappointing start at TEB!

gold12345

Medalist
Can anybody inform me about Jeremy Abbott? Seriously, who is he? How old? Has he ever been to Nationals? If so, what placement(s)? And anything else you can think of, thanks! :)

Where have you been? :laugh: He was the National Champion last year after finishing 4th the previous two seasons. He finished 11th at Worlds in '09 and '08. He's 24.

Oreo

On the Ice

He's current U.S. champion and Grand Prix Champion.

I would have had him first. Joubert was great, but I think the judges should automatically deduct one point for reusing last season's music.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thank you, Trewyn, for the info. Now that it is break time I'm going to go find some more info. about him on IN. As God is my witness, I haven't kept track of American Men's Skating or even Men's Skating in general, that is until Evgeni came back this year. I definitely have to catch up with all of Jeremy Abbott's performances.

schiele

Final Flight
He's current U.S. champion and Grand Prix Champion.

I would have had him first. Joubert was great, but I think the judges should automatically deduct one point for reusing last season's music.

Well at least, he changed his costume into smth decent.. :biggrin:
I think when Brian is on, he is on a different class, even with mediocre spins.. So all I can say is, Allee Briaaaaaaaann!!! :rock:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I told you dropping men's skating when Plushenko retired was a mistake! Abbott is the current US National Champion, and the 2008-9 CoC and GPF champion. He's fantastic when on, but like most of the men competing these days - very inconsistent. He trains in Detroit with Yuka Sato and his SP was choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne. His motto is "pigs can fly", as you can see on his twitter feed. Check out his LP at either 2008 CoC or the GPF - stunning performances. Anything else? :)

Also, yay for Brian! I didn't watch but I'm very happy he did well. :rock:

Last edited:

magicalwords

On the Ice
Lots of good performances.
Nice to see Daisuke again!

LP is going to be so interesting if everyone skates like this. :)

iriseyes

Rinkside
I just realized Yuka Sato choreographed both Abbot and Kozuka's programs... that makes sense! Love them both! :agree:

(On second thought, it seems she choreographed Kozuka and coaches Abbot... anyways, something's similar!)

Last edited:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Brian in first, Weir in third? That screws up my predictions royally. Well, if everything goes accordding to plan, Brian is going to implode in the free tomorrow anyway, then Abbott is probably in first overall :yes:, which would mean that I got at least the winner right.

But was that a great morning of skating or what? I love the boys and the men. They are so awesome, so many good and clean performances.

gourry

Final Flight
Okay, that was awesome. But my eyes are soring and killing me.... Should I stay up to watch ladies event or should I get some sleep? I can't decide.....

Medusa

Record Breaker
Okay, that was awesome. But my eyes are soring and killing me.... Should I stay up to watch ladies event or should I get some sleep? I can't decide.....
Go to bed.
Ladies suck anyway. I will only watch because I don't need sleep at 10:51 a.m.

Danale

On the Ice
Brian in first, Weir in third? That screws up my predictions royally. Well, if everything goes accordding to plan, Brian is going to implode in the free tomorrow anyway, then Abbott is probably in first overall :yes:, which would mean that I got at least the winner right.

But was that a great morning of skating or what? I love the boys and the men. They are so awesome, so many good and clean performances.

Really? you're betting on Abbott being consistent?

Oreo

On the Ice

This was the first time in four weeks I haven't done some house cleaning or gone to the fridge during the various competitions. Tonight was completely riveting. Bravo to all!!

Medusa

Record Breaker
Really? you're betting on Abbott being consistent?
Hey, it's early in the season. He rocked every long program early in the season last year. I fully expect him to lose all his mojo by the time the Olympics come around.

Plus, one extremely important thing about Abbott is his 3A - he either has it for a competition, or he doesn't. It's rare that he lands it in the SP, and then screws it up in the LP. And if his 3A is there, his artistic mojo, his confidence and most other jumps are too. He just can't make a mistake, it often makes him implode, not just on the jumps, but also on the artistry (he turns into deer-in-the-headlights) and choreography.

Oreo said:
This was the first time in four weeks I haven't done some house cleaning or gone to the fridge during the various competitions.
Hey, you do that too? I often start my laundry, change the sheets (because those are Friday-chores in Medusaland), wash the dishes etc. But this time I was glued to the screen.

Last edited: