Men's SP 3:10AM EST USA | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Men's SP 3:10AM EST USA

jennylovskt

Medalist
I am so happy that Brian skated well and got the first place in SP. I have noticed the changes in several places compared with his last year's version. To be honest, I prefer the last year one, especially the pretend-running part. I don't think that he skated as freely as at last Worlds, but it was powerful and energetic. I so wanted him to shake off last a few competitions' disappointment. This was a good turnaround. I hope he could win tomorrow.

Jeremy was great. Though he was not as powerful and sexy as Brian, and was not as beautiful and delicate as Johnny. That's why he was in between of these two.;):biggrin:

I love Johnny's SP. As I have already said in other threads, Johnny has kept his usual beautiful lines, in the meantime, added some power and strength in the choreography. A charming program! I am glad that he skated well this time.

Daisuki was a very artistic skater. I love his expressions but hated his hair. That disastrous fall! I wished he could be the second.

I haven't watched the complete Taka's SP yet, can't comment on that.

Last edited:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Aww, thanks!

I believe that great art demands you to watch it multiple times and that you will see and/or feel something new each time (or at least feel the same amazing reaction every time). Nuance. Ambiguity. The unusual. These qualities allow the mind to go in different directions and eventually come to its own conclusion, which is very immersive.

When that level of cognitive depth combines with emotional involvement, the result is something that takes on a life of its own and allows us to revisit it again and again and again. True art beguiles the viewer into returning and continually appraising it.

Jeremy Abbott's skating has this kind of effect.

Joubert's skating lets you sit back and not think and be dazzled, but you will rarely find anything new to find interest in when you return to the performance again.

Lysacek is the most boring top skater out there for me because he is completely predictable and, on top of that, he doesn't really have a lot of "WOW" moments (such as the huge jumps of Joubert).