Ladies SP 5:05AM EST | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP 5:05AM EST

life684

Final Flight
1st-5th gap is nothing and no cushion

tomorrow LP is gonna be very interesting

Who will fall (under rotate ) the least will win. All the performance were mediocre and i feel bad for yukari she may well lose that olympic spot to Suzuki

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I have to admit that the Ladies SP competition was a bit boring. No one really stood out tonight.

Trewyn

Medalist
(lunch break :) ) Wow! Ashley first! That is very unexpected! Now after Julia and Mirai we know that this is no guarantee for a spot on the podium. But still; way to go Ashley!!!!!!! I hope her SP will be on youtube soon....

Edit; it's already on youtube... But I think something's wrong with the music; or Ashley just finished way behind her music. Plus; no kiss and cry; so hopefully a better youtube version will follow... But still; she looked pretty; but a little slow; but maybe that impression was given me because of the music being off synch...

Last edited:

SusieH

On the Ice
Nobody exceeds 60? That's just too dismal to be true. :(

ETA: I just did some research. In fact not many ladies have exceeded 60 at GP events so far. But the situation here is still very dismal. The leader Wagner's score would make her 6 at TEB, 5 at CoR, and 6 at CoC. Let's hope the ladies will deliver tomorrow!

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Nobody exceeds 60? That's just too dismal to be true. :(

ETA: I just did some research. In fact not many ladies have exceeded 60 at GP events so far. But the situation here is still very dismal. The leader Wagner's score would make her 6 at TEB, 5 at CoR, and 6 at CoC. Let's hope the ladies will deliver tomorrow!

Mirai's 62.20 is still the second highest score in a Ladies SP so far this season.

Who would have thought.......

Way to go Ashley - hope to see it soon.

Trewyn

Medalist
What a joy to watch Ashley skate!!!!!!!!:love: Sublime, beautiful, classic, words fail me, she's getting better & better as the season progresses IMHO. I would put her in 1st place. Her gorgeous flexible spiral into the 2A at the end was superb! And her opening 3/2 jump was also nice, as well as her solo triple jump, but may be UR? I'm not sure. I did notice that she has a high swinging free leg when she comes out of her 3Z into 2T (is she a lefty?).

GREAT JOB, ASHLEY, GREAT JOB!:clap:

Yep, Ashley is a lefty.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Tweet from Ashley Wagner:chorus::

Short wasn't too bad, it wasn't my best though..I cheated a double axel! lol That is SO hard to do, so in a way I'm proud of myself :p

herios

Medalist
Icenetwork
Wagner's 2A got downgraded. Nakano got all level 4 spins, that collects points of course.

I have mentioned that Ashley`s 2 axel wil be downgraded, as it was very visible on the slo mo replay and people were wondering why her score is this close to Ando. She could`ve had scored around 60 if she was really clean

turtle

On the Ice
Tweet from Ashley Wagner:chorus::

Short wasn't too bad, it wasn't my best though..I cheated a double axel! lol That is SO hard to do, so in a way I'm proud of myself :p

:laugh: I love her attitude. This season I'm liking her skating a lot more.:love:

SXTN

Final Flight
what's wrong with meier's tes??? 20.80???

wagner has improved a lot... i really enjoyed her skating.... plus: she did a stretch jump and a spread-eagle into her triple lutz--------> respect

Phoenix347

Final Flight
Great job Ashley!! I know her double axel was downgraded but Ando fell on her flip and doubled her Lutz. Ashley ought to be ahead by more than 0.32 points. Hopefully Ashley will have a good free and win it! Go Ashley!!

life684

Final Flight
Great job Ashley!! I know her double axel was downgraded but Ando fell on her flip and doubled her Lutz. Ashley ought to be ahead by more than 0.32 points. Hopefully Ashley will have a good free and win it! Go Ashley!!

She did not double her Lutz, she did a 3lz+2lo combo. hence score are similar. ando lost 4 points on technical side for fall on the flip and ashley may have lost around 2.5 points on axel. hence the differnce in technical score; ando's and ashley's PCS are along expected line. so the gap is very narrow

*Sniper*

On the Ice
Congrats to Ashley!
But no score over 57 in the Short?
That's a bit disappointing.
Hopefully the level picks up in LP.

Good luck to everyone!

reynycpr

On the Ice
Hmmm...
Just got a chance to watch the video coverage of the SP's...not too surprised by the standings considering the errors everyone made... maybe expected Meir to be a couple spots higher.

but also considering how many ladies have been nailed by UR, it looks like they missed it on Miki's Lutz. From the replay, to me, looked cheated. Just don't think it's possible to score a 56+ with w/ 2F< and a 3L<+2L. Just sayin... :)

Unless her PCS help her out alot...