Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Ladies SP 5:05AM EST

Custom Title
    Ashley did a great job - first after the short!
    Now don't be like Mirai.

Custom Title
    (lunch break ) Wow! Ashley first! That is very unexpected! Now after Julia and Mirai we know that this is no guarantee for a spot on the podium. But still; way to go Ashley!!!!!!! I hope her SP will be on youtube soon....

Edit; it's already on youtube... But I think something's wrong with the music; or Ashley just finished way behind her music. Plus; no kiss and cry; so hopefully a better youtube version will follow... But still; she looked pretty; but a little slow; but maybe that impression was given me because of the music being off synch...
    Last edited by Trewyn; 11-06-2009 at 07:14 AM.

Custom Title
    Nobody exceeds 60? That's just too dismal to be true. :(

ETA: I just did some research. In fact not many ladies have exceeded 60 at GP events so far. But the situation here is still very dismal. The leader Wagner's score would make her 6 at TEB, 5 at CoR, and 6 at CoC. Let's hope the ladies will deliver tomorrow!
    Last edited by SusieH; 11-06-2009 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SusieH View Post
    Nobody exceeds 60? That's just too dismal to be true. :(

ETA: I just did some research. In fact not many ladies have exceeded 60 at GP events so far. But the situation here is still very dismal. The leader Wagner's score would make her 6 at TEB, 5 at CoR, and 6 at CoC. Let's hope the ladies will deliver tomorrow!
    Mirai's 62.20 is still the second highest score in a Ladies SP so far this season.

Who would have thought.......

Way to go Ashley - hope to see it soon.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    What a joy to watch Ashley skate!!!!!!!! Sublime, beautiful, classic, words fail me, she's getting better & better as the season progresses IMHO. I would put her in 1st place. Her gorgeous flexible spiral into the 2A at the end was superb! And her opening 3/2 jump was also nice, as well as her solo triple jump, but may be UR? I'm not sure. I did notice that she has a high swinging free leg when she comes out of her 3Z into 2T (is she a lefty?).

GREAT JOB, ASHLEY, GREAT JOB!
    Yep, Ashley is a lefty.

Icenetwork
    Wagner's 2A got downgraded. Nakano got all level 4 spins, that collects points of course.

Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan MissIzzy's Avatar
    Tweet from Ashley Wagner:chorus::

Short wasn't too bad, it wasn't my best though..I cheated a double axel! lol That is SO hard to do, so in a way I'm proud of myself :P

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Icenetwork
    Wagner's 2A got downgraded. Nakano got all level 4 spins, that collects points of course.

I have mentioned that Ashley`s 2 axel wil be downgraded, as it was very visible on the slo mo replay and people were wondering why her score is this close to Ando. She could`ve had scored around 60 if she was really clean

Quote Originally Posted by MissIzzy View Post
    Tweet from Ashley Wagner:chorus::

Short wasn't too bad, it wasn't my best though..I cheated a double axel! lol That is SO hard to do, so in a way I'm proud of myself :P
    I love her attitude. This season I'm liking her skating a lot more.

Custom Title
    what's wrong with meier's tes??? 20.80???

wagner has improved a lot... i really enjoyed her skating.... plus: she did a stretch jump and a spread-eagle into her triple lutz--------> respect

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by nadine View Post
    gee, i can't believe that miki & ashley are only separated by less than half a point. Wrong imho. Ashley was way better!
    ita!

Great job Ashley!! I know her double axel was downgraded but Ando fell on her flip and doubled her Lutz. Ashley ought to be ahead by more than 0.32 points. Hopefully Ashley will have a good free and win it! Go Ashley!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix347 View Post
    Great job Ashley!! I know her double axel was downgraded but Ando fell on her flip and doubled her Lutz. Ashley ought to be ahead by more than 0.32 points. Hopefully Ashley will have a good free and win it! Go Ashley!!
    She did not double her Lutz, she did a 3lz+2lo combo. hence score are similar. ando lost 4 points on technical side for fall on the flip and ashley may have lost around 2.5 points on axel. hence the differnce in technical score; ando's and ashley's PCS are along expected line. so the gap is very narrow

Lambiel is the best!!
    Congrats to Ashley!
    But no score over 57 in the Short?
    That's a bit disappointing.
    Hopefully the level picks up in LP.

Good luck to everyone!

Hmmm...
    Just got a chance to watch the video coverage of the SP's...not too surprised by the standings considering the errors everyone made... maybe expected Meir to be a couple spots higher.

but also considering how many ladies have been nailed by UR, it looks like they missed it on Miki's Lutz. From the replay, to me, looked cheated. Just don't think it's possible to score a 56+ with w/ 2F< and a 3L<+2L. Just sayin...

Unless her PCS help her out alot...

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast