Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Ladies SP 5:05AM EST

Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    She did not double her Lutz, she did a 3lz+2lo combo. hence score are similar. ando lost 4 points on technical side for fall on the flip and ashley may have lost around 2.5 points on axel. hence the differnce in technical score; ando's and ashley's PCS are along expected line. so the gap is very narrow
    You're right, Ando didn't double her Lutz... she double footed the landing on the Lutz. Yeah, it's the PCS again.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    (lunch break ) Wow! Ashley first! That is very unexpected! Now after Julia and Mirai we know that this is no guarantee for a spot on the podium. But still; way to go Ashley!!!!!!! I hope her SP will be on youtube soon....

Edit; it's already on youtube... But I think something's wrong with the music; or Ashley just finished way behind her music. Plus; no kiss and cry; so hopefully a better youtube version will follow... But still; she looked pretty; but a little slow; but maybe that impression was given me because of the music being off synch...
    Yeah I just watched Laura Lepisto's SP on youtube as well and she appeared to finnish well after the music, so I'm thinking these early video postings are a bit out of synch. Laura looks really nice in that purple outfit though.

Watching the replay, Ando did not double foot the 3lutz, but it def should have been counted as a UR in my opinion.

Sad night for the ladies. Happy for Ashley, Even she knows she can do better! Was the Ice surface zambonied after the Men"s competition? Could that have made a difference for the mistakes the ladies made?

Custom Title
    Yay, Ashley!!!!!!!!!!!!
    She is so gorgeous. Obviously she was the highlight of ladies SP event!
    Seriously, men's event was so much better...

Anyway, I think Ashley's lead is too small. I did notice her underrotation on her 2A, but still her other jumps were pretty solid, and her spirals and spins were waaaaay better than, say, Miki. Except that 2A< and her flutzing, it seemed speckless. IMO Ashley's program is a lot better than Miki's as well. Miki's Ex program was surely something, but this SP program is just totally different from that(except that crossing herself part), and same old same old Morozov thing. (By the way, I usually like Miki's makeup, but this time it was a bit.... off. I can't quite pin point what it is, but it was.... not flattering.)

And WTH is it with Sara's score?! Too low!!! What happened? Seeing her KnC reaction broke my heart...
    Last edited by gourry; 11-06-2009 at 12:27 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by *Sniper* View Post
    Congrats to Ashley!
    But no score over 57 in the Short?
    That's a bit disappointing.
    Hopefully the level picks up in LP.

Good luck to everyone!
    Well the judges are nip picking everythings so, the score has been lower and lower. Everyone is getting edgecall, under rotation, fall.

I hope some body crack the 120+ mark in the SP. So far no ladies has crack the 115+ score and it's gettign sad. And Yuna is already way ahead with over 130+ score.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gourry View Post
    Yay, Ashley!!!!!!!!!!!!
    She is so gorgeous. Obviously she was the highlight of ladies SP event!
    Seriously, men's event was so much better...

And WTH is it with Sara's score?! Too low!!! What happened? Seeing her KnC reaction broke my heart...
    She got < on her 3Lz, which is 2.0 point and apply with -GOE, she get almost nothing for that jump. She double her flip, and it get mandatory -3 GOE, so another next to nothing score. With that she lost over 12+ on her TES.

Sarah also usually get the edge call on her flip jump, so another deduction. Hopefully she pull it up in LP as she can definitely outscore everyone, except Miki.

Custom Title
    This is a breakthrough year for Ashley! So happy that she can step it up at exactly the right time! (And she's lucky to get easier assignments than the other girls too). Seems like Rachael and Ash will be the 2 girls going to Olympics.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sjwh08 View Post
    Is this what you have in mind?
    Nope. This is what I had in mind:

Custom Title
    where are people finding the ladies' SPs on youtube?

and is Cynthia Phaneuf's up anywhere?

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    Well the judges are nip picking everythings so, the score has been lower and lower. Everyone is getting edgecall, under rotation, fall.
    As long as everyone is under the same nit picking standard, it seems to be fine. As the application of technical rules has gotten changed quite a bit, I believe skaters do not need to compare this season's scores with past seasons' scores and see it as indicating anything. The only thing matters seems to be the comparison among skaters in the same season.

Anyways, go Ash and Laura!

Custom Title
    ashley decent job--deserved pcs scores, more emotion-also needs more speed in steps sequence and her inbetween stuff. otherwise a bit of improvement over cor

miki did double foot her combination --sorry about that

personnally i agree with the standings and the scores.

miki better step it up a bit for the long.
    alena look and skates to much like irina -needs to develop her own style so it doesn't come out so awkard.

laura needs to improve a bit--more speed, height -clean up jumps a bit.

Custom Title
    I hope some body crack the 120+ mark in the SP. .

Okay, let's see, you'll need 4Lz+3L, 3A, 2A and level 4 for everything, GOE +3 for everything, and....

She got < on her 3Lz, which is 2.0 point and apply with -GOE, she get almost nothing for that jump. She double her flip, and it get mandatory -3 GOE, so another next to nothing score. With that she lost over 12+ on her TES.

Sarah also usually get the edge call on her flip jump, so another deduction. Hopefully she pull it up in LP as she can definitely outscore everyone, except Miki.
    She got DG and doubled her flip? Why didn't I notice it... *sigh* But I think it doesn't add up to 12+ point. It is more like 8-9 points, isn't it? Still quite big though..
    I really really wish her everything good and hopefully she'll have a wonderful LP.

Medalist
    Miki said it was THE WORST performance in her skating life. Was it (I haven't seen it)?

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...031-maiall-spo

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sjwh08 View Post
    Miki said it was THE WORST performance in her skating life. Was it (I haven't seen it)?

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...031-maiall-spo
    She said so?? Hm, she must have forgotten Torino, or GPF 2006, or.... or her glasses is ultra rose-tinted....

Really, I wonder what she said in that article, but it was not that terribly bad IMO. Just plain bad.
    Last edited by gourry; 11-06-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast