Ladies LP IN broadcast 4:50 a.m.: EST Sat. Nov 7th | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP IN broadcast 4:50 a.m.: EST Sat. Nov 7th

Nadine

Record Breaker
Ashley, rule #1, when you are competing against the Russians you have to be 10 times better, not as good as or a little bit better, you have to be A LOT better, just ask Michelle Kwan.

You threw it away, hopefully you make the podium. Nevertheless, good skate. :)

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
And she barely makes the podium in 3rd. She's happy with it, thus so am I. :)

One silver & one bronze, looking good to make the Olympic Team.

Alicja

On the Ice
Ashley, rule #1, when you are competing against the Russians you have to be 10 times better, not as good as or a little bit better, you have be A LOT better, just ask Michelle Kwan.

:scratch: Are you being serious?

Kissx3

Final Flight
So glad Ashley medaled there. She could've won without the errors but whatever, still a good day for her. This should put both her and Leonova in the final, right?

beep_beep

Medalist
Ashley, rule #1, when you are competing against the Russians you have to be 10 times better, not as good as or a little bit better, you have be A LOT better, just ask Michelle Kwan.

Are you sure you're watching the same competition as the rest of us?
Leonova took the FS because she landed her jumps and the others didn't... Had the others landed on their feet they would have been in front of her with a good margin.

Man, this was one bad competition...

jaws12345

Match Penalty
Seriously, Ando takes the gold for THAT performance???

Asada really should get out of her mess and come back to her normal form soon; otherwise the ladies events won't be interesting this season.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
what happened to yukari's scores? Perhaps she URed a lot?

The second 3Flip was underrotated, plus she had a fall on an underrotated 3Sal. Doubled out on the Lutz too (she simply doesn't have this jump anymore...at all).

It's too bad. Yukari had BY FAR the best artistry here.

Man, this was one bad competition...

Indeed. Same medalists (and winner) as Cup of Russia but even less quality in the skating this time. BLAH.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Ando Won!!!! by PCS Magic!

Just woke up , thanks for all the comments.

It appears this was another slopfest but results are good for ISU.
Without Mao, Miki must be at GPF, and having a USA and Russian Lady will add interest.

Sorry to hear Laura struggled but it appears they all did except for Alena.
She is a breath of fresh air and showing that she is a good competitior.

Bennett

Record Breaker
thanks! Yukari's scores were indeed a bit unfortunate as she made less visible mistakes than Laura and they scored almost the same. This may be exactly what Jenny Kirk was talking about!

MissIzzy

Final Flight
So glad Ashley medaled there. She could've won without the errors but whatever, still a good day for her. This should put both her and Leonova in the final, right?

Let me caculate this; note I will be figuring this out as I type:

Miki Ando is currently the first lock for the Finale. Leonova and Ashley are 2-3; Leonova squeaks past Ashley on the score tiebreaker. Leonova would need less than five skaters to pass her, Ashley less than four. I am leaving out two skaters who haven't competed yet due to their low ranking, and saying there are six skaters who can pass them both:

Yu-Na Kim: Probably will at Skate America next week.

Rachael Flatt: Would need to win Skate America, so would need to beat Yu-Na, so probably won't.

Akiko Suzuki: Would only need top four at Skate Canada, which I think she's got a very good shot at.

Joannie Rochette: Would need at least silver at Skate Canada(at which point I think she would probably pass them), more likely than not I think she'll get that.

Alissa Czisney and Caroline Zhang: Would both need to win Skate Canada. And when only one of them can, reduce number of skaters who can pass Ashley and Alena to five.

So neither are yet locked, but for Alena to be passed, Rachael would have to win Skate America, Yu-Na would have to make the top four there, Czisney or Zhang would have to win Skate Canada, Rochette would have to win silver, and Suzuki would have to either win bronze or come in fourth. I think Alena will be locked next week, and Ashley's got a good chance.
Whatever happens, there will now be an American lady in the Grand Prix Finale!:)

Last edited:

Basics

On the Ice
what a waste of my time....Im still awake,,,,,,can't get a sleep :mad:

but, anwayz, congrats to Miki, Ashley, Elena..............

wasn't pretty at all,,,,,but that was enough for thm,,,

Last edited:

Bennett

Record Breaker
Laura didn't look like she even tried, maybe she was trying too hard to look pretty - instead of actually being an athlete out there..
It's hard to say she did not try. You could pop a jump for various reasons.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Originally Posted by Nadine

You threw it away, hopefully you make the podium. Nevertheless, good skate.

Your joking right? I'm not a fan of Leonova, but I thought the girl was outright robbed.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
This should have been the result of the competition:

1. Alena Leonova
2. Ashley Wagner
3. Miki Ando
4. Yukari Nakano

Cup of Russia should have been:

1. Miki Ando
2. Ashley Wagner
3. Alissa Czisny
4. Alena Leonova

Ando, Wagner, and Leonova all go to the GPF either way...so I guess there is nothing big to complain about in the end.

Just saw Miki's costume ~ GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS ~ like something out of Egypt.

Not really liking Miki's new costume. Her previous costume was excellent - had much more class. Not sure why she changed it.

aunm88

Rinkside
Hmm, maybe you're right. ;) Seriously though I have a lot of built-in resentment toward the whole entire Russian establishment through the years.

There's no need to take it all out on one skater. Everyone skated quite badly, and the Russian girl, while lacking finish, skated with a lot of spunk!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but there really is no need to keep asserting that opinion in a derogatory tone, over and over again.

Bennett

Record Breaker
This should have been the result of the competition:

1. Alena Leonova
2. Ashley Wagner
3. Miki Ando
4. Yukari Nakano

Not really liking Miki's new costume. Her previous costume was excellent - had much more class. Not sure why she changed it.

I felt that Ashley made more mistakes than miki. This is just an impression and perhaps could be wrong. I agree that Leonova could have won. She just did not have the reputation score yet. She also could improve her spirals.

I always like blue on Miki. But a bit too much skin color on the front.

PftJump

On the Ice
Ando's Last spin got Lv4!
It's Obvious that this boring competition makes Judge's eyes rotten.

That was skating rather than spin!