Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Ladies LP IN broadcast 4:50 a.m.: EST Sat. Nov 7th

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    hey, where'd you find those pics?
    http://yuna-kim.com/

The above Russian fan site has some good pictures. Check out the left menu including "Photosets."

http://yunaforum.com/

You can find some pictures on the above English fan forum. A few posts in the forum also have links to pictures in her Korean fan forum.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I felt that Ashley made more mistakes than miki.
    She did have more mistakes, but her program was also more difficult and she was over-penalized for a couple of the mistakes (the shaky landings on those Double Axels done in sequence reduced the overall score of the preceding clean Triples to less than the base value...makes little sense, yet another CoP gaffe).

Miki was actually overpenalized for some things as well and I would put her 2nd in the FS anyway, but Miki's SP was not good. Ashley deserved to place 2nd overall on the strength of her SP.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Anybody else think she looks like Shirley MacLaine?
    Yes! I've been wracking my brain to figure out who she reminded me of. Alena meets my basic criteria for a skater- she is a joy to watch. Charisma for days! She could sell fire to someone whose house is burning down.

I liked Miki's new costume. I thought it fit the program well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    She did have more mistakes, but her program was also more difficult and she was over-penalized for a couple of the mistakes (the shaky landings on those Double Axels done in sequence reduced the overall score of the preceding clean Triples to less than the base value...makes little sense, yet another CoP gaffe).

Miki was actually overpenalized for some things as well and I would put her 2nd in the FS anyway, but Miki's SP was not good. Ashley deserved to place 2nd overall on the strength of her SP.
    True. We often forget about SP after FS is over. Miki herself said that she did not deserve the scores she got at SP.

I wish if Ashley received better PCS. She has among the best choreographed programs. She performs them well. Music, costumes, and hairdo all go perfectly well. Everything is so well constructed. She also has nice speed and techniques. Although she did lose the speed toward the end of FS after all the mistakes, she deserved better PCS both in SP and FS.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by french quarter View Post
    http://yuna-kim.com/

The above Russian fan site has some good pictures. Check out the left menu including "Photosets."

http://yunaforum.com/

You can find some pictures on the above English fan forum. A few posts in the forum also have links to pictures in her Korean fan forum.
    Thanks!

Moderator's note: Do not post images on Golden Skate that you do not own the copyrights to. Even if you do own the copyright, do not post big pictures. Post URL instead of IMG.

Thank you.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    Yes! I've been wracking my brain to figure out who she reminded me of. Alena meets my basic criteria for a skater- she is a joy to watch. Charisma for days! She could sell fire to someone whose house is burning down.

I liked Miki's new costume. I thought it fit the program well.
    I prefer Miki's other costume. The new one screams "egypt" but come on, she has an eye on her chest. Yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by semosk8tfan View Post
    I prefer Miki's other costume. The new one screams "egypt" but come on, she has an eye on her chest. Yuck.
    Agree, I hope she goes back to the first one for the rest of the season.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    I'm in love with Miki's new costume. Maybe I wouldn't pick it off a rack but for this program it's suitable and very striking. Her whole program is a stunner, IMO. Errors apart, I thought she skated it with great momentum. I was very proud of her. She's looking gorgeous, but too thin. I hope she's OK.

Not so impressed by Ashley's FP. She's been one of my favorites since the first time I laid eyes on her, but all those icky jumps - yikes. What a mess. I won't repeat how trite I find this program :banging: but I have to admit she looked like a woodland nymph.

And I didn't like Alena's FP either, but she skated it up the wazoo. (Russian skaters' musical choices - quel horreur!)

Yukari is the one I really felt bad for. Oh well - better luck next time.
    Last edited by Spun Silver; 11-08-2009 at 02:22 AM.

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    And I didn't like Alena's FP either, but she skated it up the wazoo. (Russian skaters' musical choices - quel horreur!)
    Really? I thought she was the only one with a nice music choice (and maybe Miki). |Especially the american ladies' music choices make my ears bleed and I really wanna swith off sometimes. A little bit of variety, please!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by semosk8tfan View Post
    I'd rather see an eye than the tarantula she had on another dress!

(Russian skaters' musical choices - quel horreur!)
    :sheesh:

Rather a sweeping statement, to say the least.

Custom Title
    I just read all the pages of this competition segment; I was in the middle of nowhere on a weekend with friends; my boyfriend arrived later and he brought the score to me (much more appreciated than flowers or something ) so I had time to think about Ashley's chances to make the final; only I thought she might have been ahead of Leonova in the tie break (I thought she had a slightly larger margin over Leonova at RC). It's *very* narrow; but Leonova has the edge. Basic point is; if Yu Na wins SA and Akiko or Rochette wins SC Ashley's a lock!

Btw; someone mentioned stamina problems being the issue of her problems in the FS: she mentioned on her Facebook that she was really tired and that's the reason of her popped loop. Youtube is down for maintanance so I haven't watched it yet. I can't believe Ashley popped a jump! That's so unlike her! But I figured something like that must have happened for her to have a low TES score and no deductions.

Anyway; I think she hasn't been able to do the same physical conditioning when she was traveling than when she's home training. So all that traveling probably just took it's toll. She'l happy to go and she'll have quite some time to train for the final, if she makes it.

So all in all; I'm a happy fan .

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenpleasures View Post
    I'd rather see an eye than the tarantula she had on another dress!
    Agreed..
    I actually thought the costume worked very nicely, it might have been the most fitting costume I've seen this year from ladies. It's way over the top of course but it kept me glued to the screen, which is more than I could say for her skating.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    So once again the american lady blows it in the long. Her short program is for sure her strength, better choreography and she seems to skate it better. I just think that is she had rotated the lutz and fallen, she might have gotten second at least.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    So once again the american lady blows it in the long. Her short program is for sure her strength, better choreography and she seems to skate it better. I just think that is she had rotated the lutz and fallen, she might have gotten second at least.
    Even though she "blew it" at NHK I still think it bodes well for her future. That program has a lot of potential- it's really back loaded and if she has the stamina to pull it off, it could win her a US championship. Plus, she has a very good chance at making the GPF- another opportunity.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast