Ladies LP IN broadcast 4:50 a.m.: EST Sat. Nov 7th | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP IN broadcast 4:50 a.m.: EST Sat. Nov 7th

Moderator's note: Do not post images on Golden Skate that you do not own the copyrights to. Even if you do own the copyright, do not post big pictures. Post URL instead of IMG.

Thank you. :cool:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Yes! I've been wracking my brain to figure out who she reminded me of. Alena meets my basic criteria for a skater- she is a joy to watch. Charisma for days! She could sell fire to someone whose house is burning down.

I liked Miki's new costume. I thought it fit the program well.

I prefer Miki's other costume. The new one screams "egypt" but come on, she has an eye on her chest. Yuck.

I'm in love with Miki's new costume. Maybe I wouldn't pick it off a rack :laugh: but for this program it's suitable and very striking. Her whole program is a stunner, IMO. Errors apart, I thought she skated it with great momentum. I was very proud of her. :rock: She's looking gorgeous, but too thin. I hope she's OK.

Not so impressed by Ashley's FP. She's been one of my favorites since the first time I laid eyes on her, but all those icky jumps - yikes. What a mess. I won't repeat how trite I find this program :banging: but I have to admit she looked like a woodland nymph.

And I didn't like Alena's FP either, but she skated it up the wazoo. (Russian skaters' musical choices - quel horreur!)

Yukari is the one I really felt bad for. Oh well - better luck next time.

Last edited:

schiele

Final Flight
And I didn't like Alena's FP either, but she skated it up the wazoo. (Russian skaters' musical choices - quel horreur!)

Really? I thought she was the only one with a nice music choice (and maybe Miki). |Especially the american ladies' music choices make my ears bleed and I really wanna swith off sometimes. A little bit of variety, please!

Trewyn

Medalist
I just read all the pages of this competition segment; I was in the middle of nowhere on a weekend with friends; my boyfriend arrived later and he brought the score to me (much more appreciated than flowers or something :p) so I had time to think about Ashley's chances to make the final; only I thought she might have been ahead of Leonova in the tie break (I thought she had a slightly larger margin over Leonova at RC). It's *very* narrow; but Leonova has the edge. Basic point is; if Yu Na wins SA and Akiko or Rochette wins SC Ashley's a lock!

Btw; someone mentioned stamina problems being the issue of her problems in the FS: she mentioned on her Facebook that she was really tired and that's the reason of her popped loop. Youtube is down for maintanance so I haven't watched it yet. I can't believe Ashley popped a jump! That's so unlike her! But I figured something like that must have happened for her to have a low TES score and no deductions.

Anyway; I think she hasn't been able to do the same physical conditioning when she was traveling than when she's home training. So all that traveling probably just took it's toll. She'l happy to go and she'll have quite some time to train for the final, if she makes it.

So all in all; I'm a happy fan :).

schiele

Final Flight
I'd rather see an eye than the tarantula she had on another dress!
:laugh: Agreed..
I actually thought the costume worked very nicely, it might have been the most fitting costume I've seen this year from ladies. It's way over the top of course but it kept me glued to the screen, which is more than I could say for her skating. :cool:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
So once again the american lady blows it in the long. Her short program is for sure her strength, better choreography and she seems to skate it better. I just think that is she had rotated the lutz and fallen, she might have gotten second at least.

R.D.

Record Breaker
So once again the american lady blows it in the long. Her short program is for sure her strength, better choreography and she seems to skate it better. I just think that is she had rotated the lutz and fallen, she might have gotten second at least.

Even though she "blew it" at NHK I still think it bodes well for her future. That program has a lot of potential- it's really back loaded and if she has the stamina to pull it off, it could win her a US championship. Plus, she has a very good chance at making the GPF- another opportunity.

Finally got to see Leonova's routine. She really is delightful! If she does this well at the Olympics, she'll medal and deserve it. Between her and Suzuki, we might actually get to have a little fun watching the Ladies' Competition at Vancouver, instead of a three-hanky weepie. (Of course, I continue to hope for a resurgence of Mao and of whichever two Americans make it to the Olympics, and perfection from YuNa.)

schiele

Final Flight
Finally got to see Leonova's routine. She really is delightful! If she does this well at the Olympics, she'll medal and deserve it. Between her and Suzuki, we might actually get to have a little fun watching the Ladies' Competition at Vancouver, instead of a three-hanky weepie. (Of course, I continue to hope for a resurgence of Mao and of whichever two Americans make it to the Olympics, and perfection from YuNa.)

:laugh::laugh:
Very much agree with this.. Leonova is a fresh breath of air into a ladies skate, which has become extremely mediocre with similar routines all over the place (plus yawn-fest music). I am now convined Mao's Bells are far more superior to any of the ladies' programmes I've seen so far (except Yuna, Suzuki's short and if she skates to potential maybe Leonova).

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

I agree. I thought Lenova's LP was great. It was nice to see some personality on the ice for a change, along with some very nice skating.