Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Ladies LP IN broadcast 4:50 a.m.: EST Sat. Nov 7th

Originally Posted by Nadine
    Ashley, rule #1, when you are competing against the Russians you have to be 10 times better, not as good as or a little bit better, you have be A LOT better, just ask Michelle Kwan.

You threw it away, hopefully you make the podium. Nevertheless, good skate.
    Your joking right? I'm not a fan of Leonova, but I thought the girl was outright robbed.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    This should have been the result of the competition:

1. Alena Leonova
    2. Ashley Wagner
    3. Miki Ando
    4. Yukari Nakano

Cup of Russia should have been:

1. Miki Ando
    2. Ashley Wagner
    3. Alissa Czisny
    4. Alena Leonova

Ando, Wagner, and Leonova all go to the GPF either way...so I guess there is nothing big to complain about in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Just saw Miki's costume ~ GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS ~ like something out of Egypt.
    Not really liking Miki's new costume. Her previous costume was excellent - had much more class. Not sure why she changed it.

Tripping on the Podium
    Hmm, maybe you're right. Seriously though I have a lot of built-in resentment toward the whole entire Russian establishment through the years.
    There's no need to take it all out on one skater. Everyone skated quite badly, and the Russian girl, while lacking finish, skated with a lot of spunk!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but there really is no need to keep asserting that opinion in a derogatory tone, over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    This should have been the result of the competition:

1. Alena Leonova
    2. Ashley Wagner
    3. Miki Ando
    4. Yukari Nakano

Not really liking Miki's new costume. Her previous costume was excellent - had much more class. Not sure why she changed it.
    I felt that Ashley made more mistakes than miki. This is just an impression and perhaps could be wrong. I agree that Leonova could have won. She just did not have the reputation score yet. She also could improve her spirals.

I always like blue on Miki. But a bit too much skin color on the front.

Custom Title
    Ando's Last spin got Lv4!
    It's Obvious that this boring competition makes Judge's eyes rotten.

That was skating rather than spin!

Rinkside
    It was a pretty sloppy competition overall. The Russian girl (Leonova) skated with the most confidence and expression (in my opinion) but congratulations to all three medalists. I'm kind of disappointed for Yukari (this is supposed to be her last year, right?)

Did the top 3 here, most likely qualify for the GPF? If so, I'm happy we'll have an American lady in Tokyo.

Custom Title
    4:25am here in Seattle & can't sleep because I feel guilty about my obnoxious behavior toward Elena Leonova. Had to log on & express my apologies to all, especially to her. There is no excuse, so I'm not going to cop out with one. I had a bad attitude. And here I got after Adam Rippon for his bad attitude & I do the same (karma). Nor will I erase my posts, I take responsibility for every word & every action said.

Yes, I do have underlying resentment toward the Russian establishment in certains close calls throughout the years, in every discipline, but I need not take that out on an innocent 19 yr. old girl.

When all is said & done, Russia has given me two of my favorite skaters of all-time ~ Oksana Baiul & Evgeni Plushenko ~ and also G&G. Not to mention I think they have the greatest pairs tradition in history, from the Protopopovs down to nowadays. And while I'm on the subject I still think the Elena & Anton should have been the sole gold medal winners at the 2002 Olympics.

Back to Elena, she has what I've always wished an American girl had ~ gorgeous jumps ~ and, yes, she deserved to win. Hopefully with the implementation of COP the American girls will eventually have jumps like Tonya Harding someday, as I think she's the only one that has ever jumped like the Russians. Pure jealousy on my part. Forgive me, Elena.

Sincerely,

Nadine

Tripping on the Podium
    Thanks Nadine, that's nice to see
    Hope you manage to get some sleep!

Custom Title
    4:25am here in Seattle & can't sleep because I feel guilty about my obnoxious behavior toward Elena Leonova. Had to log on & express my apologies to all, especially to her. There is no excuse, so I'm not going to cop out with one. I had a bad attitude. And here I got after Adam Rippon for his bad attitude & I do the same (karma). Nor will I erase my posts, I take responsibility for every word & every action said.

Yes, I do have underlying resentment toward the Russian establishment in certains close calls throughout the years, in every discipline, but I need not take that out on an innocent 19 yr. old girl.

When all is said & done, Russia has given me two of my favorite skaters of all-time ~ Oksana Baiul & Evgeni Plushenko ~ and also G&G. Not to mention I think they have the greatest pairs tradition in history, from the Protopopovs down to nowadays. And while I'm on the subject I still think the Elena & Anton should have been the sole gold medal winners at the 2002 Olympics.

Back to Elena, she has what I've always wished an American girl had ~ gorgeous jumps ~ and, yes, she deserved to win. Hopefully with the implementation of COP the American girls will eventually have jumps like Tonya Harding someday, as I think she's the only one that has ever jumped like the Russians. Pure jealousy on my part. Forgive me, Elena.

Sincerely,

Nadine
    Sorry nadine, i think its Alena Leonova rather than Elena and Baiul was Ukrainian rather than Russian.. I agree with Bennett (from the post below) and admire you courage to apologising to Alena.
    Last edited by life684; 11-07-2009 at 07:43 AM.

Not many people apologize like this I respect and admire your moral act.

And the rest of the post too. Thank you for doing this, Nadine - my experience is that being on the event threads in real time sometimes results in posts that in retrospect don't look so good. I appreciate your posting this and look forward to seeing your very enthusiastic posts elsewhere on the forum!

And when you log in tomorrow, we can talk about the guys instead! They're more interesting anyway.

Does anyone know what happened to Sarah Meier?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    Sorry nadine, i think its Alena Leonova rather than Elena and Baiul was Ukrainian rather than Russian.. I agree with Bennett (from the post below) and admire you courage to apologising to Alena.
    Her name sounds like Aliona (like Savchenko), but in russian letter "ё" (yo) often replaced by "e", so Alena is right too, but not Elena, it's different name.

Happy for her! Congrats! The next european champion maybe? And she rotated her 3-3 I hope soon she will land it!

Sarah withdrawed, perhaps injury? Poor girl.

Rinkside
    I have not watched NHK GP yet, but am I the only person who is disappointed about the female skaters?
    So far, nobody is stable except Yuna. well prepared.

Even though Miki won, according to her scores, her skate doesn't seem to be ok and compare to Yuna's score, there is a huge difference " more than 40 points"

I love all skaters, however I don't like Miki's skating, I would like to see more exciting competitions. I mean I would like see competitions at which everyone skates perfect and then, we can hardly predict who will win.
    This season, I prefer watching Male skaters' competitions to Female skaters'.

Especially, this NHK GP female one was very boring.

Custom Title
    The lady LP sounds like a splatfest. :( I think I made the right decision to go out for dinner instead of staying at home to watch the ladies. I did record it, but I don't really feel very enthusiastic about watching it.

Anyway, congratulations to Ando, Leonova, and Wagner! I listened to Miki's interview after the LP. She sounded very happy and repeatedly thanked the audience for their support. I think competing at home really put a lot of pressure on her. She looked so miserable in her interview after the SP, and could barely speak a word, which was very sad to see. I hope she can sort everything out, and most important of all, learn to control her nerves, and does a great job at GPF, which will, maybe unfortunately for her, also take place in Japan.

What has happened to Sarah Meier? Was she injured? Anyone knows?

So now we have four GP events done, still two to go.

The winner of ladies event at TEB scored 210.03.
    The winner at CoR scored 171.93.
    The winner at CoC scored 176.66.
    The winner at NHK scored 162.55.

Just splendid.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast