Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Ladies LP IN broadcast 4:50 a.m.: EST Sat. Nov 7th

Down With It
    Well. Wagner medaled, that's all she needed to do to stay in the hunt. It may not have been her best performance here but better it happen now than at Nats. She's making a strong case for the US Oly team it seems. If she qualifies for the GPF, and does well at Nats (top 3) I wonder if they would select her over someone like, say, Czisny. (didn't the USFS' new rule talk about putting some weight on the GPF as well?)

Custom Title
    I'm afraid to watch this one. It sounds painful for nearly everyone concerned except for Alena. I'm not familiar with her skating, but it seems I ought to get to know her, if she's going to be this good.

Nadine, good for you for apologizing. I know how intense one's emotions get when watching something like this, and fingers can fly on the keyboard almost before one knows it. Your courtesy does you honor.

Custom Title
    Wagner LP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGKnAQN7nxI

I think the reason Wagner didn't skate well could be a stamina issue. She looks like to ran out of energy by the time she reach her footwork sequence. Most of her jump passes are at the second half of her program and she appears to me to be muscling them. She looked pretty confident out there, but just lacking to the strength to fully deliver the program. She needs more strength and core training because if she hits everything she could be the next national champion and be on the olympic team.
    Last edited by DarkestMoon; 11-07-2009 at 09:50 AM.

Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan MissIzzy's Avatar
    Tweet from Ashley:

Sooooo obviously it wasn't my best, but I had a blast out there! Plus, its only up from here, I'm so excited

She also thanks her Japanese fans.

Banned
    The ladies do not look promising for the Olympic season. Can't believe that mini Iryna suddently gets into the top tier...

Congrats to Miki, Alena and Ashley. I just woke up could not keep my eyes open after the Mens.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeshore View Post
    The ladies do not look promising for the Olympic season. Can't believe that mini Iryna suddently gets into the top tier...
    She was 7th at the worlds last year, 4th at euros and Won the world junior title, so her progress is not completely unexpected.

Down With It
    I said before that Leonova was one to watch for 2014. I see she's already making good progress.

Custom Title
    Sarah Meier (SUI) withdrew from the Ladies event after the warm up due to an acute inflammation of her right Achilles tendon.
    from icenetwork

Hope she has a speedy recovery!

Custom Title
    Sorry for Yukari, but congratulations to all the medalists, especially Ashley. two medals in two competitions, she's in great position now to make the Olympic team. Great comeback Leona! This girl has a good shot at her first Euro title in 2010!

Congratulations to the medalists Miki , Alena and Ashley !!!

Congrats to Ashley & Miki!

Good step forward for Ashley...even with the mistakes on the end..none of her jumps were downgraded.

Medalist
    Congrats to the medalists! And congrats to Leonova for skating so well! Because otherwise that wasn't a very good competition, was it? Wagner has a nice program, costume is pretty too, but her jumps fell a bit apart there. Looking at Ando's face both in the SP and LP...man, the Japanese skaters are under a lot of pressure. The men collapsed under it, Nakano didn't do well either. I can't even imagine having to deal with the media circus, the JSF etc. Glad that Miki could keep herself together, shaky skate and all, but even at the end she didn't look so much happy as just relieved that it was over IMO.

Lambiel is the best!!
    What an underwhelming ladies comp. in this one.
    Congrats to all the medalists, but I hope they all find their groove sooner than later.
    It's already fourth week of the season, and there seem to be too many falls and URs.

Ashley, well done!
    I hope she makes to GPF.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast