B&K - It's Official - I just heard it on the news | Golden Skate

B&K - It's Official - I just heard it on the news

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I hate to sound mean... but I think Viktor is being treated unfairly by the press... they're making Shae out to be, practically, a victim... but what about Vik?

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Well, last year, Shae didn't really want to compete anymore but Victor did, so Shae went along and they skated last year and ended up winning Worlds. Yay, everything is way cool. This year, when Shae wants to keep skating and do some shows and stuff as pros, its Victor who doesn't and he isn't wanting to compromise. I think that could be what people are reacting to more than anything. And it does kinda make him sound bad I guess. All I know is that I will miss them A LOT in amateur skating. Sigh......:cry:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
HEather -- I understand... but I'm really not ready to just jump on the lets all hate Viktor bandwagon... I think there's more to the story (ie Viktor's side) that hasn't really been heard...

heyang

Record Breaker
I just got the new IFS magazine. There was an article about B&K's pro career (LOL - article's a bit out of date already).

Anyway, it mentions that Shae has been coaching with boyfriend Morosov. Perhaps Viktor feels that Shae has already decided on her options and that coaching is not something that he's interested in.

If Shae is travelling with her teams, it does prevent Vik and Shae from practicing at the level that he wants to continue.

Also, he's engaged and his fiancee lives in Europe - maybe he wants to move there. Wouldn't it be ironic if he went pro with Annissina?

Sweetie

Rinkside
I agree 110% with Toni here... everyone hates Victor... what'd he do wrong? Follow his heart?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I don't hate Victor. I imagine he has his reasons for his decision and we all should respect him for that. Skaters come and go, it's always been that way. We were lucky here in Canada to have had such a great ice dance team for so long and that they had the courage and conviction to compete as long as they did and contribute to Canada's success in the world of ice dance. It's a record that will stand for some time to come. I am proud of both Shae-Lynn and Victor and wish them the best in whatever paths they take.

:love:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Well, I am not on the "I hate Vic" bandwagon either. When the news first broke, I was on that bandwagon, but now that I am a bit calmer about it, I am just sad that they are not going to be skating together anymore. I was just kind of putting it all into a perspective that could be how others are seeing it. I too am sure there's more to the story but for now, I am just going to enjoy what we have left for them this year and remember all the great programs they have given us over the years. I will miss them a lot. :cry: