Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Pairs LP IN broadcast 12:15 a.m.: EST Nov. 7th

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I think Rena really feels more pressure, skating in Japan, than skating in the US.
    I agree. I have read they will retire after this year so it was probably a bittersweet moment for her.

Banned
    Never understood the vicious hatred towards I&B by some people. They have very good skating skills. I absolutely love their smooth stroking.

D&B are really fast and aggressive. However, they really need to add more transitions and get rid of excessive crossovers and 2-foot skating, otherwise, their PCS won't make a leap any time soon since they are not Russians.

Kurt commented he never saw K&S successfully landing a throw 4 sal when watching them practice for a 2-week period. Crazy for them to add this unreliable element to the actual program.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeshore View Post
    Never understood the vicious hatred towards I&B by some people. They have very good skating skills. I absolutely love their smooth stroking.
    I haven't seen anything vicious. People have been mentioning that Rena didn't look connected to the music... and there's always the quip or two on John's hair.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I haven't seen anything vicious. People have been mentioning that Rena didn't look connected to the music... and there's always the quip or two on John's hair.
    Was not referring to you and people on this board.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Excellent recovery by K/S, but that fall on the throw 4S (?) looked incredibly painful....did her head bounce on the ice?
    That was nasty. It was shades of Torino with the failed quad and the triumphant skating by her afterward. Like Shen and Zhao in 2002, it was him who looked more rattled. That said, the free program does not play to their russian strengths as does the short. The second half is too light and almost silly at times. The costumes are ugly. Not a olympic program at all, to me.

I loved Pang and Tong, this is the first time I really feel connected to their skating. Beautiful program and they are committed to the choreography.

Denney and Barret...the program looked pretty much the same as Spartacus, no real connection to the music whatsoever.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeshore View Post
    I know exactly what you're talking about re: the vicious hatred.

It's good to see them skating so well this season (though I haven't seen this pairs comp yet).

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7