Pairs LP IN broadcast 12:15 a.m.: EST Nov. 7th | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs LP IN broadcast 12:15 a.m.: EST Nov. 7th

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
there were some really bad positions in the air on those lifts for that last pair... :no: not all that great a program IMHO (and I LOVE Pirates of the Caribbean's soundtrack!)

gold12345

Medalist
This Pairs LP has been completely painful to watch.

Brodeur/Mattattal's halfway decent skate was easily the best thing so far.

Krasilnikova looks SO ticked, and Bezmaternikh couldn't get out of the kiss and cry fast enough. Eek.

amateur

Final Flight
This Russian pair don't seem to have a lot of chemistry/unison (are they new together?). She seemed to be the weaker skater, I noticed his posture and lines were much better than hers, and he seemed overall solid. Their lack of unison accentuated by their mismatching costumes...

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Nothing good to say about the Russian couple. I would have had them last.

life684

Final Flight
This Russian pair don't seem to have a lot of chemistry/unison (are they new together?). She seemed to be the weaker skater, I noticed his posture and lines were much better than hers, and he seemed overall solid. Their lack of unison accentuated by their mismatching costumes...

they r the world junior champs from 2 years ago, but then she was lot smaller and could land her jumps.

As for the chemistry stuff i blame it on their coach, non of his pairs seem to have that, i can certainly see them splitting, and he (konstantin) should find a new coach and partner (sorry ksenia).

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
to me Rena really seems to have a disconnect with the program... all of the romantic moves seem robotic. very unlike her, IMHO.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I&B were simply exquisite! Easily should go into 1st place. Everything just flowed ~ the music, the movement, the skaters, the costumes, the choreography, their expression, elements, jumps, et al ~ outstanding, outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!:bow::love::cool::clap::agree:

EDITED TO ADD: darn, I missed the fall, that's when a popup came onto my screen. :(

amateur

Final Flight
Inoue/Baldwin

she's looking very pretty in that dress!

sbs 3t fine
2a-2a seq unison not perfect but ok
3 (or 2?) twist bad, crashy, no height
throw good
throw 3a hard fall, she was not in control of it
sbs spins close, but unison off
unique ending with lift, swooping dismount a bit jarring though

getting strong applause (the audience here is quite good actually, even applauding the splatted 3axel attempt).
their presentation is improved from when i last saw them (probably 2 years ago).
much more watchable then i ever found them before. but I would like to see more yet.. more command, more outward projection from her - she seems reserved.

106.26 -- 1st

gold12345

Medalist
That wasn't bad at all for I/B. Bad fall on the throw 3A and some shakiness on the exits of their lifts. But good for them for going for all their difficulty they could.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
196179.gif

196179.gif
196179.gif

196179.gif
196179.gif
196179.gif

196179.gif
196179.gif
196179.gif
196179.gif

GO CAYDEE AND JEREMY!!!!

sfgirl

On the Ice
to me Rena really seems to have a disconnect with the program... all of the romantic moves seem robotic. very unlike her, IMHO.

I get the same feeling. I hope she's OK. She seems like a lovely person, inside and out.:)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Denney and Barrett skate with a tremendous amount of attack and confidence, even when they make mistakes. They need a lot of refinement and learned artistry, but I love their potential.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I get the same feeling. I hope she's OK. She seems like a lovely person, inside and out.:)

I'm sure she's fine... she just seems like she's wanting to get the job done at little else tonight is all.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Zzz...just woke up a minute ago (literally)

Denney/Barrett

3Tw
3T - stepout from him but OK
3ThFl - she fell
lift
2A + 2A seq. - ok
sbs spin - ok unison
lift
Spsq.
3STh - good
death spiral
lift
PCCoSp

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oh wow, I'm not sure whom to pick, either I&B or D&B, that is the question?;) Seriously, they both had about the same type of mistakes, but in a tiebreaker I would have to go with I&B because in my humble opinion they have the better program! That's the tiebreaker for me, we shall see...