Pairs LP IN broadcast 12:15 a.m.: EST Nov. 7th | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pairs LP IN broadcast 12:15 a.m.: EST Nov. 7th

gold12345

Medalist
Ouch. Not the greatest for Denney/Barrett, but Inoue/Baldwin had a fall too, so I still think it may medal. Did Barrett single one of the 2A's too? Not sure. This may be a close result.

amateur

Final Flight
Denney / Barrett, USA
Scheherezade

3twist decent
sbs 3t, done but he stepped out quick
throw, fall
2a - 2s ? good
sbs spin slowish unison ok
nice positions in spiral seq, speed/quality ok
throw 3loop good
pairspin interesting spread out arm position from her

this program had near zero choreographic interest for me. did keep up a good pace all the way through, and i appreciated her line at times.. overal rather generic though.

96.23 -- 2nd

Nadine

Record Breaker
Actually it was an 8 pt. difference, and though I would have had it much closer, I'm not up in arms about the result. :)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Actually it was an 8 pt. difference, and though I would have had it much closer, I'm not up in arms about the result. :)

Free program was a ten point difference, making up eight point difference overall. I'm wondering if there was a downgrade on one or two things because I wouldn't have had that behind B/M either (though like I said, B/M make up ground thanks to the program structure).

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Was that really ten points worse than I/B?

as much as I love Caydee and Jeremy (and can only tolerate John because of Rena), I/B have teh better program. It's more polished, they're more experienced, and it flows better...

ETA - loved that program on Pang and Tong... and not just because I love the music. It suits them - surprisingly - and she looked like she was having a blast at the end.

evangeline

Record Breaker
I only watched the latter half of P/T's LP, but they seemed to have skated well....I qutie like the ending.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Pang/Tong

2A +2a seq. good
3T
lift
SpSq
sbs spin - unison off a bit
3Tw - high!
PCCoSp
3STh - good
3LoTh - ok
death spiral
lift
lift on inside spread eagle - cool

Very nive performance !:rock:

amateur

Final Flight
Pang / Tong, CHN
the impossible dream...

2a-2a good
sbs 3t -- did she 2t? (not sure)
sbs spin ok
lateral 3twist, good
pais spin nice with change of music
throw 3loop? good, maybe slight 2foot
throw something, high and good
another one ending on a lift... for a dramatic ending, position could be better

this program has some nice choreography here and there, and i get a good sense of chemistry between them, but still, something is not quite there yet. would like to see faster and smoother i guess.

132.35 -- 1st

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Finally, a clean program! Thank you, Pang & Tong. I see why they are one of the best in the world. They are so technically strong and has nice chemistry between them. And their artistic expression has gotten better every year. Good job:agree:

gold12345

Medalist
as much as I love Caydee and Jeremy (and can only tolerate John because of Rena), I/B have teh better program. It's more polished, they're more experienced, and it flows better...

ETA - loved that program on Pang and Tong... and not just because I love the music. It suits them - surprisingly - and she looked like she was having a blast at the end.

Agreed. I love P/T's music and where the throws are placed in the program.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I can't get over how Yuko's becoming more and more an Elena clone... the bowlcut hairstyle really seals the deal :no:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I missed it as I was typing on this dang board! BLAH! what'd she fall on?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kavaguti/Smirnov

4STh - bad fall, UR?
program stops...Yuko is injured?

3T - good
3Tw - ok
sbs spin - good unison
SpSq.
2A + 2A seq - bit shaky
3LoTh - landed
lift
lift
lift on one foot
death spiral
PCCoSp

should def go in 2nd, but still nice recovery

Danale

On the Ice
Such a brave girl, Yuko! Good for them for picking up after this nasty fall :clap:
But I have to say that the music/ambiance transition in the middle was quite weird:scratch: