Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Pairs LP IN broadcast 12:15 a.m.: EST Nov. 7th

Custom Title
    "Yeah, I don't know how we did either."

Not great words to utter when leaving the ice. Brodeur and Mattatal have a delightful program, but they (she) just don't seem able to skate it cleanly. I think they'll score higher than we expect because it really does milk the COP for a lot of points. Their lifts are so rock solid.

99.61 ("still not bad.")

Splat fest for this first group.

Custom Title
    Yeah, K/B look very despondent (she looks like she can't wait to get off the ice).

Custom Title
    Oh no, another fall from the Russian pair. Give me just one clean program. Is it too much to ask?

Custom Title
    This RUS couple doesn't seem Russian to me at all, displaying none of the tradition of trademark elegance & refinement, et al. It didn't help that their sbs jumps were off & her falling on practically all of them. Neither did the horrid costumes nor music. Nothing really flowed IMHO.

there were some really bad positions in the air on those lifts for that last pair... not all that great a program IMHO (and I LOVE Pirates of the Caribbean's soundtrack!)

Custom Title
    This Pairs LP has been completely painful to watch.

Brodeur/Mattattal's halfway decent skate was easily the best thing so far.

Krasilnikova looks SO ticked, and Bezmaternikh couldn't get out of the kiss and cry fast enough. Eek.

Custom Title
    This Russian pair don't seem to have a lot of chemistry/unison (are they new together?). She seemed to be the weaker skater, I noticed his posture and lines were much better than hers, and he seemed overall solid. Their lack of unison accentuated by their mismatching costumes...

Nothing good to say about the Russian couple. I would have had them last.

Custom Title
    Alexander Smirnov is so gorgeous

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by amateur View Post
    This Russian pair don't seem to have a lot of chemistry/unison (are they new together?). She seemed to be the weaker skater, I noticed his posture and lines were much better than hers, and he seemed overall solid. Their lack of unison accentuated by their mismatching costumes...
    they r the world junior champs from 2 years ago, but then she was lot smaller and could land her jumps.

As for the chemistry stuff i blame it on their coach, non of his pairs seem to have that, i can certainly see them splitting, and he (konstantin) should find a new coach and partner (sorry ksenia).
    Last edited by life684; 11-07-2009 at 01:06 AM.

On the Ice
    [color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color]? John landed 3T? Or he doubled!?

to me Rena really seems to have a disconnect with the program... all of the romantic moves seem robotic. very unlike her, IMHO.

Nicely skated program. Too bad about the fall.

Custom Title
    I&B were simply exquisite! Easily should go into 1st place. Everything just flowed ~ the music, the movement, the skaters, the costumes, the choreography, their expression, elements, jumps, et al ~ outstanding, outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!

EDITED TO ADD: darn, I missed the fall, that's when a popup came onto my screen. :(

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast