Pairs LP IN broadcast 12:15 a.m.: EST Nov. 7th | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Pairs LP IN broadcast 12:15 a.m.: EST Nov. 7th

Big Deal

Final Flight
I think, the "last" judge in the panel really NEED TO BE ASKED, how and why he/she gave 8.25 points to Kavaguti/Smirnov for almost all part of a fawlty, interrupted program?

I wonder his/her nationality or the name of his/her sleeping tablets (most be too strong).

Buzzz

Final Flight
Thanks for all the PBP everyone. I hope Yuko gets herself checked out for that nasty knock on the head. She could have injured herself and not even know it. They are still one of my faves going into Vancouver. :clap:

schiele

Final Flight
Thanks for all the PBP everyone. I hope Yuko gets herself checked out for that nasty knock on the head. She could have injured herself and not even know it. They are still one of my faves going into Vancouver. :clap:

Mine too, but I can see the hate building up.. For anyone doubting their motives, may I ask to watch the fall in close cap again?:frown:
I just love their style, their programmes and their Th4Sal, even if they dont land it.
P/T are absolutely fab as well, don't get me wrong. They're my two fav teams actually.

lakeshore

Match Penalty
Neither Pang nor Yuko has clean line or good staking skills. But at least Pang has some good atristry/performance to back up. Yuko is so over the top, it's difficult to watch.

ae9177

On the Ice
Congratulations Pang & Tong. Very glad they've made it to the GPF. I wanna see a showdown between two of my favorite pairs, S/Z and P/T. :love:

escaflowne9282

Rinkside
Neither Pang nor Yuko has clean line or good staking skills. But at least Pang has some good atristry/performance to back up. Yuko is so over the top, it's difficult to watch.

Kawaguchi's skating skills are head and shoulders above Pang's. She has much better edging and stroking, However, I agree, they both have a wiry line that I find somewhat awkward to look at

Wicked

Final Flight
D&B have improved their connection to each other this year. I liked both of their programs.

I don't know what's going on with Rena Inoue. She looked...I don't know...depressed almost. I've always found her somewhat hard to connect to but this was different. It was nice to see Todd Sand in the K&C. He looks great!

P&T have a wonderful program. I find both of them extremely likeable and as soon as they take the ice I'm immediately in their corner. They win me over with their presence.

K&S- wow! That was a very nasty fall. I can't believe she finished the program, and so well too. I like her a lot. I'm worried that she is more hurt than she let on. She had a look on her face similar to an NFL player who receives a huge hit, leaves the game, and later the announcers come on and tell you he has a concussion.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I think Rena really feels more pressure, skating in Japan, than skating in the US.

lakeshore

Match Penalty
Never understood the vicious hatred towards I&B by some people. They have very good skating skills. I absolutely love their smooth stroking.

D&B are really fast and aggressive. However, they really need to add more transitions and get rid of excessive crossovers and 2-foot skating, otherwise, their PCS won't make a leap any time soon since they are not Russians. :laugh:

Kurt commented he never saw K&S successfully landing a throw 4 sal when watching them practice for a 2-week period. Crazy for them to add this unreliable element to the actual program.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Never understood the vicious hatred towards I&B by some people. They have very good skating skills. I absolutely love their smooth stroking.

I haven't seen anything vicious. People have been mentioning that Rena didn't look connected to the music... and there's always the quip or two on John's hair. :laugh:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Excellent recovery by K/S, but that fall on the throw 4S (?) looked incredibly painful....did her head bounce on the ice?

That was nasty. It was shades of Torino with the failed quad and the triumphant skating by her afterward. Like Shen and Zhao in 2002, it was him who looked more rattled. That said, the free program does not play to their russian strengths as does the short. The second half is too light and almost silly at times. The costumes are ugly. Not a olympic program at all, to me.

I loved Pang and Tong, this is the first time I really feel connected to their skating. Beautiful program and they are committed to the choreography.

Denney and Barret...the program looked pretty much the same as Spartacus, no real connection to the music whatsoever.

I know exactly what you're talking about re: the vicious hatred.

It's good to see them skating so well this season (though I haven't seen this pairs comp yet).